Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno Atkins last 7 games....
112 snaps
1 tackle
1 QB Hit

Blame it on the coaches, his shoulder or whatever but it’s a waste of 10 million.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Hard to fathom he just fell completely off of a cliff.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 10:31 AM)corpjet Wrote: 112 snaps
1 tackle
1 QB Hit

Blame it on the coaches, his shoulder or whatever but it’s a waste of 10 million.

112 snaps= 16 snaps per a game. Why is a future HOF not getting any snaps? 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 10:35 AM)J24 Wrote: 112 snaps= 16 snaps per a game. Why is a future HOF not getting any snaps? 

Maybe because he only has 1 tackle and 1 QB hit in 112 snaps?
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 10:35 AM)J24 Wrote: 112 snaps= 16 snaps per a game. Why is a future HOF not getting any snaps? 

Because he is playing through a shoulder injury that requires surgery.
Reply/Quote
1 tackle
1 QB Hit

I have never seen the guy look so ineffective and my heart leads me to believe what I am hearing about him just putting off shoulder surgery until the offseason, but if you look around the team....how many of the original Dalton-Green crew are doing anything?  Other than Huber, I can't think of any.

I just think it is time to move on.  I would like to see Geno signed by Atlanta (they won't trade for anything after this year) and him finish up his career close to his home.  Maybe he finishes strong there, or maybe he just retires, but I can't see him being a part of the plan moving forward.  
Reply/Quote
It would be insane to bring him back next year he’ll be 32 coming off surgery and making big money. Reader is the highest paid NT and more of a run stuffer, Lawson is a free agent next year and we have Hubbard do for an extension. How much money do we sink into a group that can’t pressure the QB ? Plus Waynes is making big money, WJ3 is a free agent and Bates needs to be extend. Could sink a lot of money into a D that still won’t be good.
Reply/Quote
I think Bernard has more than earned his keep here, but this off-season you gotta look at dumping Atkins, Green, and Ross. Especially the former two. Too much money tied up in so little performance.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 10:38 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Maybe because he only has 1 tackle and 1 QB hit in 112 snaps?

Margus Hunt- 1 hit
Christian Convington - 0 hit
Mike Daniels-1 hit
Xaiver Williams- 1 hit
All of those guys are playing more than Geno and not producing in fact per a snap basis Geno is outperforming these guys.
J24

Reply/Quote
1 tackle
1 QB Hit

$14.2 mill actually.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Is he really a future HOFer at this point?
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 10:46 AM)J24 Wrote: Margus Hunt- 1 hit
Christian Convington - 0 hit
Mike Daniels-1 hit
Xaiver Williams- 1 hit
All of those guys are playing more than Geno and not producing in fact per a snap basis Geno is outperforming these guys.

Do they all have 0  or  .5 tackles, and I'm not sure if that's really anything to brag about its still awful.  
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 10:59 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Is he really a future HOFer at this point?

Yes 
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 10:59 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Is he really a future HOFer at this point?

I think he actually has a decent chance of getting in. Eight PBs, two first team All-Pros, a second team All-Pro, made the All-Decade Team, and 75.5 sacks. ESPN put out an article that gave him a 70%-99% chance (or as they categorized it, "likely") to get in, saying that "since 1970, 55 players have had at least 8 Pro Bowls and 2 All-Pros. Out of those 55, 52 have been inducted as Hall of Famers."
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 11:08 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Do they all have 0  or  .5 tackles, and I'm not sure if that's really anything to brag about its still awful.  

I'm not bragging I'm just stating a fact that Geno is producing the same amount of pressure that the players in front of him are producing.
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 11:25 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I think he actually has a decent chance of getting in. Eight PBs, two first team All-Pros, a second team All-Pro, made the All-Decade Team, and 75.5 sacks. ESPN put out an article that gave him a 70%-99% chance (or as they categorized it, "likely") to get in, saying that "since 1970, 55 players have had at least 8 Pro Bowls and 2 All-Pros. Out of those 55, 52 have been inducted as Hall of Famers."

One thing working against him though — he’s a Bengal
Reply/Quote
How many snaps did he end up playing after Covington went down yesterday?

One one hand I want to give Geno the benefit of the doubt after the way the Dunlap situation unfolded, but if he truly isn’t physically able to be playing at even a bare minimum level of effectiveness I question why he didn’t have the surgery he supposedly needs weeks ago. I just hope it’s not an incentive based thing, because I would lose some respect for him.

Watching this version of him is absolutely brutal.

Reply/Quote
DTs don't make tackles on passing downs and Geno is only playing on passing downs.

I am not saying Geno is looking good this year, just pointing out that if you looked at all our DTs and the number of tackles they have on passing downs it would not be much differnt from Geno.

The stats are not as bad as they look.
Reply/Quote
1 tackle
1 QB Hit

And yet it’s still nowhere near the biggest waste of money on this years team - that distinction goes to #18.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 01:43 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: And yet it’s still nowhere near the biggest waste of money on this years team - that distinction goes to #18.

AJ at least had 2 good games...

Geno has done nothing all year.

Reply/Quote