Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno Before and After Knee Surgery.
What is different between Geno then and Geno Now? Is he where we thought he would be after the knee surgery? Seems like his name was called a lot more prior to the knee issue. He has been doing better this year but I am still wondering what would have been if he did not Tare the ACL!...
Reply/Quote
People think a year after ACL surgery that guys can come back normal because AP did it. The reality is ACL recovery is normally 18 month to 2 years to get back to what they were before. Expectations last year that he would be the same guy were not fair in the first place.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 12:12 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: What is different between Geno then and Geno Now?  Is he where we thought he would be after the knee surgery?  Seems like his name was called a lot more prior to the knee issue.  He has been doing better this year but I am still wondering what would have been if he did not Tare the ACL!...

I think Geno is doing great. He gets double teamed almost every snap which frees up others to make plays.

Is he back 100%, Maybe not, but very close and no reason why he will not get back to 100% in the coming months.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
He is on pace for 13 sacks this season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I actually think Geno is quicker. He was always powerful and tough to keep from winning at the POC, but he seems to be hitting gaps a bit quicker.
Reply/Quote
The bull rush is back baby!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 12:32 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: I actually think Geno is quicker.  He was always powerful and tough to keep from winning at the POC, but he seems to be hitting gaps a bit quicker.

I guarantee he is a player every OC game plans around. That to me is what separates the good player from the great player. They have to get Geno blocked first.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 12:37 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I guarantee he is a player every OC game plans around. That to me is what separates the good player from the great player. They have to get Geno blocked first.

Very true, I am not sure where he is now compared to before the injury but he is certainly extremely effective.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 12:40 PM)M.W. Wrote: Very true, I am not sure where he is now compared to before the injury but he is certainly extremely effective.

To be honest, I don't see that much difference with him this year compared to the year he got hurt.
Reply/Quote
He is solid, but I am still thinking what if for the ACL!!... Also there use to be more talk surrounding him... from others around the NFL...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000205413/2012-Best-of-Geno-Atkins
Reply/Quote
Well he is on pace for his best season if that tells you anything
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 12:37 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I guarantee he is a player every OC game plans around. That to me is what separates the good player from the great player. They have to get Geno blocked first.

And even being doubled most of the time Geno is still very disruptive.  He is a beast out there, plain and simple.  
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 12:12 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: What is different between Geno then and Geno Now?  Is he where we thought he would be after the knee surgery?  Seems like his name was called a lot more prior to the knee issue.  He has been doing better this year but I am still wondering what would have been if he did not Tare the ACL!...

Seriously?  Geno is playing like his ass is on fire.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I notice no difference. Best DT in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
remember those who started givin up on Geno last year? It was hard to believe a player doesnt always come back 100 percent after injury. *GASP*
Reply/Quote