Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Geno Before and After Knee Surgery. - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Geno Before and After Knee Surgery. (/Thread-Geno-Before-and-After-Knee-Surgery)

Geno Before and After Knee Surgery. - Marlon23 - 10-13-2015

What is different between Geno then and Geno Now? Is he where we thought he would be after the knee surgery? Seems like his name was called a lot more prior to the knee issue. He has been doing better this year but I am still wondering what would have been if he did not Tare the ACL!...

RE: Geno Before and After Knee Surgery. - Au165 - 10-13-2015

People think a year after ACL surgery that guys can come back normal because AP did it. The reality is ACL recovery is normally 18 month to 2 years to get back to what they were before. Expectations last year that he would be the same guy were not fair in the first place.

RE: Geno Before and After Knee Surgery. - Luvnit2 - 10-13-2015

(10-13-2015, 12:12 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: What is different between Geno then and Geno Now?  Is he where we thought he would be after the knee surgery?  Seems like his name was called a lot more prior to the knee issue.  He has been doing better this year but I am still wondering what would have been if he did not Tare the ACL!...

I think Geno is doing great. He gets double teamed almost every snap which frees up others to make plays.

Is he back 100%, Maybe not, but very close and no reason why he will not get back to 100% in the coming months.

RE: Geno Before and After Knee Surgery. - J24 - 10-13-2015

He is on pace for 13 sacks this season.

RE: Geno Before and After Knee Surgery. - ItsOdellThurman - 10-13-2015

I actually think Geno is quicker. He was always powerful and tough to keep from winning at the POC, but he seems to be hitting gaps a bit quicker.

RE: Geno Before and After Knee Surgery. - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-13-2015

The bull rush is back baby!

RE: Geno Before and After Knee Surgery. - Luvnit2 - 10-13-2015

(10-13-2015, 12:32 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: I actually think Geno is quicker.  He was always powerful and tough to keep from winning at the POC, but he seems to be hitting gaps a bit quicker.

I guarantee he is a player every OC game plans around. That to me is what separates the good player from the great player. They have to get Geno blocked first.

RE: Geno Before and After Knee Surgery. - M.W. - 10-13-2015

(10-13-2015, 12:37 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I guarantee he is a player every OC game plans around. That to me is what separates the good player from the great player. They have to get Geno blocked first.

Very true, I am not sure where he is now compared to before the injury but he is certainly extremely effective.

RE: Geno Before and After Knee Surgery. - Hammerstripes - 10-13-2015

(10-13-2015, 12:40 PM)M.W. Wrote: Very true, I am not sure where he is now compared to before the injury but he is certainly extremely effective.

To be honest, I don't see that much difference with him this year compared to the year he got hurt.

RE: Geno Before and After Knee Surgery. - Marlon23 - 10-13-2015

He is solid, but I am still thinking what if for the ACL!!... Also there use to be more talk surrounding him... from others around the NFL...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000205413/2012-Best-of-Geno-Atkins

RE: Geno Before and After Knee Surgery. - 420bengalbuckeye - 10-13-2015

Well he is on pace for his best season if that tells you anything

RE: Geno Before and After Knee Surgery. - InTheJungleNow9 - 10-13-2015

(10-13-2015, 12:37 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I guarantee he is a player every OC game plans around. That to me is what separates the good player from the great player. They have to get Geno blocked first.

And even being doubled most of the time Geno is still very disruptive.  He is a beast out there, plain and simple.  

RE: Geno Before and After Knee Surgery. - McC - 10-13-2015

(10-13-2015, 12:12 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: What is different between Geno then and Geno Now?  Is he where we thought he would be after the knee surgery?  Seems like his name was called a lot more prior to the knee issue.  He has been doing better this year but I am still wondering what would have been if he did not Tare the ACL!...

Seriously?  Geno is playing like his ass is on fire.

RE: Geno Before and After Knee Surgery. - CornerBlitz - 10-14-2015

I notice no difference. Best DT in the NFL.

RE: Geno Before and After Knee Surgery. - Element - 10-14-2015

remember those who started givin up on Geno last year? It was hard to believe a player doesnt always come back 100 percent after injury. *GASP*