Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Geno has a chance to play Sunday
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 06:15 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

We sure do need him.  But coming off a shoulder injury is rough for a DT. Guess he'll have to pick up G's and throw them into QB's with his other arm.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I think I am done following Atkins updates until I see him on the field, in uniform, on game day.

Until then this is feeling a little too much like...
[Image: lucy-football.jpg]

...probably would be less of an issue if it doesn't follow hot on the heels of AJ Green's 2019 season.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I hope he makes it back soon and can really contribute......but I'm not counting on it,
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 06:35 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: ...probably would be less of an issue if it doesn't follow hot on the heels of AJ Green's 2019 season.

I could post a long list of players that returned when they were supposed to, but I can't really disagree with your point.

Green's situation last year was unlike any I have ever seen.  He was supposedly week to week for four months.  Plus he was one of the absolute best players on the team.  None of us can help but let that influence our opinion on what is happening with Geno.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 06:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I could post a long list of players that returned when they were supposed to, but I can't really disagree with your point.

Green's situation last year was unlike any I have ever seen.  He was supposedly week to week for four months.  Plus he was one of the absolute best players on the team.  None of us can help but let that influence our opinion on what is happening with Geno.

If he actually suits up and plays honestly I'm not expecting much of an impact. I fear he is in the "AJ Green decline " part of his career. He is no game wrecker like Aaron Donald. 
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 06:35 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think I am done following Atkins updates until I see him on the field, in uniform, on game day.

Until then this is feeling a little too much like...
[Image: lucy-football.jpg]

...probably would be less of an issue if it doesn't follow hot on the heels of AJ Green's 2019 season.

(10-05-2020, 06:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I could post a long list of players that returned when they were supposed to, but I can't really disagree with your point.

Is everyone's memory terrible or is everyone just being negative?

Geno's been practicing in some capacity (rehab field 2 weeks ago, team drills last week) for 2 of the 4 weeks of the season. AJ didn't step foot on any field until like week 12 or something.

Completely not the same thing.

(10-05-2020, 07:27 PM)kalibengal Wrote: If he actually suits up and plays honestly I'm not expecting much of an impact. I fear he is in the "AJ Green decline " part of his career. He is no game wrecker like Aaron Donald.

Beyond-laughable and false; he isn't the Geno of 2012, but he's still a top 5 UT in this league and until he has a decline across the board in the numbers that are his bread and butter, he's still elite.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 08:09 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Is everyone's memory terrible or is everyone just being negative?

Geno's been practicing in some capacity (rehab field 2 weeks ago, team drills last week) for 2 of the 4 weeks of the season. AJ didn't step foot on any field until like week 12 or something.

Beyond-laughable and false; he isn't the Geno of 2012, but he's still a top 5 UT in this league and until he has a decline across the board in the numbers that are his bread and butter, he's still elite.

He’s also a year older, coming off a shoulder injury and hasn’t played in a real game since last year. I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of rust Redmond showed, hopefully Geno doesn’t show any either.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 08:09 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Is everyone's memory terrible or is everyone just being negative?

Sept. 18 2019

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/9/18/20872864/a-j-green-seen-painlessly-working-rehab-field

"First time I’ve witnessed A.J. Green (ankle) run at practice. He had no noticeable limp while doing drills on the rehab field."

Oct. 10 2019

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/10/10/cincinnati-bengals-wr-a-j-green-wears-pads-during-thursdays-practice/3933466002/

"The Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver practiced in pads on Thursday. Green was a limited participant. He went through individual drills with full pads on. It was the first time Green’s been in full pads during media availability at practice."

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 08:30 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Sept. 18 2019

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/9/18/20872864/a-j-green-seen-painlessly-working-rehab-field

"First time I’ve witnessed A.J. Green (ankle) run at practice. He had no noticeable limp while doing drills on the rehab field."

Then my memory sucks LOL
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 08:39 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Then my memory sucks LOL

My memory defiantly sucks.  The only reason I even looked it up was because I was trying to remember when it was last year that Zac supposedly said AJ was going to play (Hobson posted it on Twitter) only for it to be untrue like a few hours later.  I thought that was earlier in the season but it was in November.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Sure would be nice to get him back. Add him in with Reader, Covington, and Andrew Brown and we are right back on track at DT.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 06:15 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If he can't, I am just very glad that Marshall Yanda finally retired.  That guy seemed to move Bengals like raking leaves...with ease.  
Reply/Quote
I sure hope so. The last couple weeks we've gotten similar hopes though, based on reports of him rejoining the practice field etc.
Reply/Quote
Bengals could use him, as this next stretch of 5 games should be menacing.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they lost every one, even with their improvement last week, but Atkins back should improve their chances to win.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Well, good news is his body should be fresh playing against OL who have 4 games of wear and tear on them in 2020.

I hope he is 100% when he comes back because if he is healthy and fresh, he could cause major issues and disruptions. If not, he will be a waste of space and we already have DL wasting space.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Need to see Geno next to Reader, could be the best DT duo if Geno hasn't fell off any.
Reply/Quote
Geno will play Sunday.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2020, 01:40 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Geno will play Sunday.

Nice. Hopefully that means a big game for Reader.

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2020, 12:18 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Sure would be nice to get him back. Add him in with Reader, Covington, and Andrew Brown and we are right back on track at DT.

Not expecting much from him honestly.....He is lumped into the past bengals "we keep hanging on too long"  bin
Next Yrs Draft: Heavy on DT and hopefully a  legit edge rusher ...and lets move on from the Old Guard...a.
Its Time  to usher in the Burrow era with new exciting talent. 
Reply/Quote