Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Geno practicing- but out
At least he is participating in individual drills. I'm still not counting on him for Sunday but at least there is progress. No Mike Daniels. Shawn Williams looks to be a full participant.

update: As anticipated Geno has been ruled out for the Eagles. Mike Daniels, despite missing practice, will play

per Zac, Geno's injury happened in the last scrimmage. While still listed day to day things are moving in a positive direction.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Thanks for the update, Pally; no one keeps the faith, ever.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Even if Geno does play, I'm not sure I would expect a major impact from him. I would really rather wait another week to be sure he is healed up than rushing him back and hurting him even more. This team does need some rush defense help, though. Happy to hear Shawn is back participating.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 12:45 PM)pally Wrote: At least he is participating in individual drills.  I'm still not counting on him for Sunday but at least there is progress.  No Mike Daniels.  Shawn Williams looks to be a full participant.

Great news, guess this is why we didn't put him on IR, he is close. I would wait another week though just to make sure he is closer
to 100%. Just happy he won't be out for the year, I still think we can beat the Eagles without him as long as we somewhat contain 
their pass rush. Their D is suspect and they don't have crazy weapons besides Ertz. They are beat up too.

If we can get a win on Sunday, we are in a much better spot and the team will gain confidence behind Burrow.

I think if Geno comes back close to his All-Pro form this Defense can still be really good as they gel. Just need to tackle better.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 12:57 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Even if Geno does play, I'm not sure I would expect a major impact from him. I would really rather wait another week to be sure he is healed up than rushing him back and hurting him even more. This team does need some rush defense help, though. Happy to hear Shawn is back participating.

I agree; I never expected him to be back with 2 missed practices, but if he's doing drills today, means he's close.
Reply/Quote
I really hope that when he comes back he starts looking back to his old self (Early 2018 and prior)

We've got about 43 million dollars of cap space into Green, Atkins and Dunlap for this season. This team desperately needs production out of these guys.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 12:57 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Even if Geno does play, I'm not sure I would expect a major impact from him. I would really rather wait another week to be sure he is healed up than rushing him back and hurting him even more. This team does need some rush defense help, though. Happy to hear Shawn is back participating.

I'm willing bet that he suits up and plays.

(09-25-2020, 01:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great news, guess this is why we didn't put him on IR, he is close. I would wait another week though just to make sure he is closer
to 100%.
Just happy he won't be out for the year, I still think we can beat the Eagles without him as long as we somewhat contain 
their pass rush. Their D is suspect and they don't have crazy weapons besides Ertz. They are beat up too.

If we can get a win on Sunday, we are in a much better spot and the team will gain confidence behind Burrow.

I think if Geno comes back close to his All-Pro form this Defense can still be really good as they gel. Just need to tackle better.

They're short of bodies on the interior DL, he's going to play.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I have a feeling Geno may be playing the system. OF COURSE I HAVE NOTHING TO SUPPORT THIS.

We know his wife is pregnant and he didn't opt out. Maybe he feels safe being at the facility but not practicing/playing.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 01:57 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I really hope that when he comes back he starts looking back to his old self (Early 2018 and prior)

We've got about 43 million dollars of cap space into Green, Atkins and Dunlap for this season. This team desperately needs production out of these guys.

I’d like that too, but I doubt he can ever get back to what he was. Just a fact of an aging NFL player or any aging person really. Until there’s a scientific breakthrough to stop or reverse aging, our bodies just slowly decline due to inability to create new cells and repair damaged ones. You lose strength and stamina and the ability to recover from injury quickly.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 02:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have a feeling Geno may be playing the system. OF COURSE I HAVE NOTHING TO SUPPORT THIS.

We know his wife is pregnant and he didn't opt out. Maybe he feels safe being at the facility but not practicing/playing.

I highly doubt that....
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 02:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm willing bet that he suits up and plays.

They're short of bodies on the interior DL, he's going to play.

Looks like he has already been declared out. Daniels is going to play, though.
Reply/Quote
Daniels playing without practicing all week? What team coach has that policy?

Desperation if you ask me, and likely won't end well.

Either way they've mismanaged the roster with Geno and rookie mistakes continue with Zac Taylor (unfortunately).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 03:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: Daniels playing without practicing all week? What team coach has that policy?

Either way they've mismanaged the roster with Geno and rookie mistakes continue with Zac Taylor (unfortunately).

A coach who has all his DT's but one out for the game. What did you expect him to do, et Reader play 100% of snaps? It's not like Daniels needs practice to play DT, he's a veteran. And they did not mismanage the roster with Geno, he has been day to day and will be back for Jacksonville
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 03:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: Daniels playing without practicing all week? What team coach has that policy?

Mike Daniels wasn't even at the facility for at least the last two days. It's possible he recovered enough from the groin but was either sick or had personal reasons. Honestly I have no idea lol.

To the OP: Its good to know Geno is back out there and will likely be on the field sooner than later.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
What do you mean they didn't mismanage the roster? He's missed 3 weeks and could have gone on IR so they could sign one of those DT's they are so desperate to have they have to play someone who hasn't practiced all week (unprecedented regardless of the spin).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 03:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: What do you mean they didn't mismanage the roster? He's missed 3 weeks and could have gone on IR so they could sign one of those DT's they are so desperate to have they have to play someone who hasn't practiced all week (unprecedented regardless of the spin).

If they had IRed him after cut down, he would have to stay there a minimum of three weeks, which means he would not be eligible to play against Philly. Now, he's practicing, but out, so it was close. It was simply taking a chance he would be back by week 2 or 3 instead of just shelving him until Jacksonville. You can call that mismanagement, but what it really is, is judging with 20/20 hindsight.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 03:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If they had IRed him after cut down, he would have to stay there a minimum of three weeks, which means he would not be eligible to play against Philly. Now, he's practicing, but out, so it was close. It was simply taking a chance he would be back by week 2 or 3 instead of just shelving him until Jacksonville. You can call that mismanagement, but what it really is, is judging with 20/20 hindsight.

Thank you; one can only call this mismanagement in hindsight; if Geno was good to go on Thursday, putting him on IR would've been similarly bashed.

Can't please people.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 03:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If they had IRed him after cut down, he would have to stay there a minimum of three weeks, which means he would not be eligible to play against Philly. Now, he's practicing, but out, so it was close. It was simply taking a chance he would be back by week 2 or 3 instead of just shelving him until Jacksonville. You can call that mismanagement, but what it really is, is judging with 20/20 hindsight.

It would have used up their second IR - Designated to return also which means they wouldnt have been able to use one on XSF.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2020, 03:55 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Thank you; one can only call this mismanagement in hindsight; if Geno was good to go on Thursday, putting him on IR would've been similarly bashed.

Can't please people.

Well people can call the lottery numbers with 100% accuracy on Sunday Morning..... but there's a reason very few actually win on Saturday night.
Reply/Quote

(09-25-2020, 03:55 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Thank you; one can only call this mismanagement in hindsight; if Geno was good to go on Thursday, putting him on IR would've been similarly bashed.

Can't please people.

(09-25-2020, 04:02 PM)Synric Wrote: It would have used up their second IR - Designated to return also which means they wouldnt have been able to use one on XSF.

Sounds like the right move to me, the opposite of what J22 is saying. Plus happy to have Daniels back regardless of practice
or not. He keeps himself in great shape. Might of been a personal issue or was sick as Synric said before.
Reply/Quote