Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
George Iloka's Tweet Indicates Where He Wants To Be
(02-25-2016, 08:53 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Its a good sign when players want to stay with the team.  It means the majority of the team feels they have unfinished business, which is great for our future. Sometimes money plays a smaller role when your heart tells you that your closer to your goals than you can realize. I love it.

X2
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
Even if Iloka is treating his time in the NFL as a "business" he probably knows that it usually ends up being in the players best interest to stay with his original team. Way to many guys see their career take a dive after changing teams.

I need to go back and look up the numbers, but I believe that only about a third of big dollar free agents play out their full contract.

Like most Bengal fans I have been frustrated in the past by their refusal to sign EVEN ONE big name free agent to fill an immediate hole, but in general free agency does not work out. There have been times I believe we would have been better off with a more aggressive free agent policy, but there is no way to know for sure.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 03:23 PM)milksheikh Wrote: We need to act fast, we don't have time to sign all of them so fast..

I have seen no signs by Bengals contacting them for extensions.

And you never will until the deal is done. That's just the way we do things.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 01:23 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: And you never will until the deal is done. That's just the way we do things.

they tried during camp but Iloka and jones both turned down extenstions wanting to test the market.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2016, 03:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Honestly - other than Sanu - I think they all want to stay. Reggie Nelson has made it clear he wants to stay as well.

Whoever is going to be the #3 WR is going to be the #4 receiving target and that just doesn't translate into big numbers or even average numbers. And that means a modest contract and I'm sure what the Bengals have offered isn't all that impressive. Jones is clearly the better of the two, when healthy.

If we can resign both Iloka and Nelson, then Adam Jones and Marvin Jones, then I'd be happy, happy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 08:45 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Whoever is going to be the #3 WR is going to be the #4 receiving target and that just doesn't translate into big numbers or even average numbers. And that means a modest contract and I'm sure what the Bengals have offered isn't all that impressive. Jones is clearly the better of the two, when healthy.

If we can resign both Iloka and Nelson, then Adam Jones and Marvin Jones, then I'd be happy, happy.

Agreed. Those are the 4 biggest ones by far, IMO. The rest can be replaced.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully Coach Lewis will do those four. As they are the reason for the success of the team.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
I'm sure Rey Maulaga will be a top priority Sad

Edit I meant Vincent Rey 

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2016, 02:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they tried during camp but Iloka and jones both turned down extenstions wanting to test the market.

not as much test the market but they bet on themselves to up their value.

Both guys want to be here.
If the Bengals want these guys they will be back.

The Bengals almost always let guys get a number so they aren't bidding against themselves.
Its just smart business.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2016, 11:23 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote: I'm sure Rey Maulaga will be a top priority Sad

[Image: aAuBT9tWRw6BWzd3g1kO_Confused%20Ryan%20Office.gif]
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2016, 05:20 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: [Image: aAuBT9tWRw6BWzd3g1kO_Confused%20Ryan%20Office.gif]

Lol. Meant Vincent Rey 

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2016, 11:23 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote: I'm sure Rey Maulaga will be a top priority Sad

Edit I meant Vincent Rey 

We'll have to over pay to keep Vinny.  He was clear on Sirius that he would be happy to remain a Bengal, but he wants to be a starter more than anything.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2016, 08:25 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: We'll have to over pay to keep Vinny.  He was clear on Sirius that he would be happy to remain a Bengal, but he wants to be a starter more than anything.

If we resign Vinny Rey, we won't be drafting Darron Lee for the SAM spot.

Reply/Quote
Lions are expressing interest in signing Iloka....
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2016, 11:37 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Lions are expressing interest in signing Iloka....

Link for those that want something tangible....
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000639934/article/report-lions-have-interest-in-safety-george-iloka
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-29-2016, 12:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Link for those that want something tangible....
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000639934/article/report-lions-have-interest-in-safety-george-iloka

What a dumb shit writer.  The Bengals have close to 40 million in cap available and we're suddenly "short pocketed Cincinnati".  Uh, okay.  40 mil is basically the opposite of "short-pocketed".  It's one thing to make a mistake.  It's unforgivably bad journalism just to make shit up because you don't feel like doing work.  Moron.
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2016, 12:57 PM)samhain Wrote: What a dumb shit writer.  The Bengals have close to 40 million in cap available and we're suddenly "short pocketed Cincinnati".  Uh, okay.  40 mil is basically the opposite of "short-pocketed".  It's one thing to make a mistake.  It's unforgivably bad journalism just to make shit up because you don't feel like doing work.  Moron.

As closed lipped as NFL teams are,  I find it very hard to believe the Lions or any other team are announcing to the world who they intend to pursue.  Makes no sense.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-29-2016, 11:37 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Lions are expressing interest in signing Iloka....

Why on earth would they do that?  Did they go on to announce who they want to draft too?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-29-2016, 01:05 PM)McC Wrote: Why on earth would they do that?  Did they go on to announce who they want to draft too?

They could be trying to get Iloka's attention early. Iloka would be a clear upgrade for the Vikings and obviously there's the Zimmer connection.

So signing Iloka could kill two birds with one stone for the Lions. Address a need while keeping a good player away from a division rival.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Ah I didn't notice the Lions issue was brought up in this thread, I created one in the FA section.

Either way, I think the short pocketed comment was just about the way we usually don't pay high prices for players. I think the comment made sense.

Not sure if this is some speculatory article.. and he would just think its a good fit or what. IDK. scares me tho. Sign this guy before his calling price goes up even more.
Reply/Quote