Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Germain Pratt (redux)
(09-01-2021, 03:47 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Who gives a crap about non-Bengals? Last I checked this is Jungle Noise, for Bengals fans. You don't need to know how to spell anyone's name until they put on that black and orange helmet. Note you didn't find an instance of it once he became a Bengal, and thus started actually mattering.

Disappointed in you, George. Next you're going to correct me that it isn't actually Rapistburger.

I was just playing your game with the typos since you brought them up in Fred's post.  I have a habit of looking things up like I said.  Now you are seemingly angry that I caught you making a similar mistake.  That's fine. I thought it was just joking around.   But even before Burrow was a Bengal he was always Burrow and not "Burrows" since you want to go there. 

Mostly I was just ribbing you.  Don't get so angry.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 03:56 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I was just playing your game with the typos since you brought them up in Fred's post.  I have a habit of looking things up like I said.  Now you are seemingly angry that I caught you making a similar mistake.  That's fine. I thought it was just joking around.   But even before Burrow was a Bengal he was always Burrow and not "Burrows" since you want to go there. 

Mostly I was just ribbing you.  Don't get so angry.  

If you're reading anger in my post, you're reading into it 100% wrong. Faux outrage at best. I thought that was pretty obvious with the overly hammy "Last I checked this was Jungle Noise, for Bengals fans." I didn't think that even sorta sounded like a serious sentence someone would say, let alone me. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 04:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If you're reading anger in my post, you're reading into it 100% wrong. Faux outrage at best. I thought that was pretty obvious with the overly hammy "Last I checked this was Jungle Noise, for Bengals fans." I didn't think that even sorta sounded like a serious sentence someone would say, let alone me. Lol

All good.  Burrows is playing quarterback and Gernains Pratts playing linebacker.   Ninja

Edit: Oh and I looked over this from you:

Quote:When I wrote both of those, Joe Burrow wasn't a Bengal. They are both dated 2019. Safe. He was just an LSU/SEC/college schmuck then, not a Bengal for another 4 months from that post. Cool

Are you kidding me? Those quotes from you are in late 2019.  The very season where Burrow, not Burrows, won the national championship easily and set all sorts of records that lead to him being what most considered the #1OA draft pick in 2020.  What a schmuck.   Ninja

Your entire argument is, "I called Fred out for misspelling a player's name.  But when I did the same it was because the player wasn't on the team yet because he was just some schmuck at the end of 2019."   Okay.    :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 09:30 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think I am legally required (by board rules) to say.... "Who is Germain Pratt and what team does he play for?"... to make fun of you misspelling a players name. It's not that I wanted to do it, but that I am required to do it.

[Image: EminentTinyAlbino-size_restricted.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2021, 01:38 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: [Image: EminentTinyAlbino-size_restricted.gif]

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2021, 12:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I remember Pratt coming out of NC State.
He had the speed and ability to cover, but he was also a sneaky good run defender in college.
PFF had him at a 90.3 rating in both run defense and tackling entering the draft.

He's actually been decent in coverage in the NFL. It's been his run defense that's been bad.
He's getting tackles, but they are coming after the RB is getting too far down the field.
He needs to get tackles closer to the LOS.
Maybe it's the scheme that's keep him too far away from the play? Or is he getting stuck on blocks?
I haven't looked close enough to see if there's a trend.

Watched Pratt a lot last year and he was actually in better position than the vet Bynes.

Thought Pratt played better than his PFF grades last year he just suffered with poor play beside him and the DL. But he also 
had his struggles against the run. He is a damn fine pass Defender which is great for our young Linebackers to learn from I 
just hope he can gain the one thing I haven't seen from him yet and that is being instinctive and sniffing out plays before they
happen. Logan Wilson already seems to have this.

(09-01-2021, 12:16 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Again, another big issue in decent LB's becoming good LB's and decent DB's become good ones is having an efficient DL. Bengals have been terrible for years having enough 1-2 gap DL  taking on OL and, mainly, getting to QB's on sacks, hits and rushes.

Hell, we got posters that have enough time after a GD snap, to go make a Bologna sandwich and grab a beer, and still comeback to their couch with the ball still in the QB's hands.

You know it Higgy. The DL has been terrible since Germaine has been here. Geno fell off a cliff and Carlos pretty much quit on
us in order to show something to a SB contender. Hubbard was playing with one arm and Lawson was a one man show with 
only a pass rush and no run stopping or drop back ability.

(09-01-2021, 12:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Same here. That is why I have the "redux" in the title.  

He barely played the first half of his rookie season and did not start playing more than half the snaps yntil the last 4 games. He looked really good those last 4 games with 34 tackles and 4 TFL.

I still have high hopes for him.  LBs are used in so many different ways that their production is hard to judge on raw stats. Guys used in coverage won't get as many tackles or sacks. And all LB stats will suffer when they have a week line in front of them.

Yeah, one of the few things we agree on is we have high hopes for Germaine Pratt. Think he could be very good to great with 
decent play around him. He cannot do it all himself in his second year in the league. I expected our DL to be much better than 
it was last year, same with Bynes who I was also disappointed in last year even though I like the guy.
Reply/Quote
How do u skew these stats constantly to fit your narrative.. We all know Pratt is average to below average...
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2021, 01:11 AM)Tony Wrote: How do u skew these stats constantly to fit your narrative.. We all know Pratt is average to below average...

I do not like skewing, but I think Pratt will be good. Mellow
Reply/Quote

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2021, 01:11 AM)Tony Wrote: How do u skew these stats constantly to fit your narrative.. We all know Pratt is average to below average...

8 tkls, 6 solo tkls, 1 tackle for loss, 1 QB hit, 1 Fumble recovery.

Exactly who are the "we all" who know Pratt is average to below average?
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 8 tkls, 6 solo tkls, 1 tackle for loss, 1 QB hit, 1 Fumble recovery.

Exactly who are the "we all" who know Pratt is average to below average?

Where are you getting your stats?  Just curious because the game recap on CBS shows 6 tackles 2 of which were assisted.  NFL.com shows the same. So 6 tackles 4 solo.  

That's a bit of a difference from 8 tackles 6 solo.  Not hatting on Pratt but I did look at the stats you mentioned.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 06:59 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Where are you getting your stats?  Just curious because the game recap on CBS shows 6 tackles 2 of which were assisted.  NFL.com shows the same. So 6 tackles 4 solo.  

That's a bit of a difference from 8 tackles 6 solo.  Not hatting on Pratt but I did look at the stats you mentioned.  

ESPN.

Vikings vs. Bengals - Box Score - September 12, 2021 - ESPN
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 07:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: ESPN.

Vikings vs. Bengals - Box Score - September 12, 2021 - ESPN

NFL.com

https://www.nfl.com/games/vikings-at-bengals-2021-reg-1

CBS.com
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/recap/NFL_20210912_MIN@CIN/

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2021, 07:07 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: NFL.com

https://www.nfl.com/games/vikings-at-bengals-2021-reg-1

CBS.com
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/recap/NFL_20210912_MIN@CIN/

I don't really care about 2 assisted tackles.

As I said earlier in this thread I wated to see Pratt make more big plays.  He did that today.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 09:15 PM)jason Wrote: That was solid...

Maybe the tackling machine will make a memorable one some day.

Maybe he will recover a fumble in overtime to keep us from losing.
Reply/Quote
Germaine indeed did have a good game against the Vike's. Liking our Defense this year now that we finally might be able
to stop the run and get after the passer with our front. This will take the pressure off our Linebackers and free them up to
make tackles for losses.
Reply/Quote