Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Germaine Pratt campaigning
(02-03-2023, 06:42 PM)TheFan Wrote: In his defense, he did take ownership and apologize for it which is more than a lot of them do. Agreed he was out of bounds to talk trash when he gave up that huge play.

Yes he did, and I respect that. All I'm saying is ought to lay low for awhile....
Reply/Quote
If we can afford him sign him, just leave room for Logan for sure. Pratt is a good LB and it would be nice to keep him if it's a team friendly deal.
Reply/Quote
I'd prefer to keep him as I think he is under-rated around here.

You don't know what you have until its gone. Drafting a linebacker isn't as easy as plug and play. This guy knows the defense.

That said, if the team is that confident that his replacement is on the roster, I'd be okay with it. But I don't want to see a dropoff in play.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Everybody says that ADG is the natural replacement if Pratt leaves. I disagree. I think it's Bailey and ADG stays in his third down package.

If not for the knee injury at the end of his college career, I think Bailey easily gets drafted before ADG and maybe even before Logan Wilson. I have always felt that he's a more complete LB than ADG. Bailey has always had that "nose for the ball" that you look for in a LB.

Either way, the replacement for Pratt is already here. One or both will be re-signed after next season if they can't reach an agreement with Pratt this year.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I like Pratt. He may not be the most gifted, but the dude goes after the ball and never quits. He may have missed a tackle that really hurt, but his strip of Kelce was game winning
Reply/Quote
I really like Playoff P but his meltdown toward Ossai was a bad look. I get it, been guilty of it myself, heat of the moment type stuff, but its still not a good look. With Bailey and ADG already in the building, and Pratt wanting to play more third downs (bigger payday) I believe they let him test the market. I think Bailey is more than capable, provided he stays healthy.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 11:40 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Everybody says that ADG is the natural replacement if Pratt leaves. I disagree. I think it's Bailey and ADG stays in his third down package.

If not for the knee injury at the end of his college career, I think Bailey easily gets drafted before ADG and maybe even before Logan Wilson. I have always felt that he's a more complete LB than ADG. Bailey has always had that "nose for the ball" that you look for in a LB.

Either way, the replacement for Pratt is already here. One or both will be re-signed after next season if they can't reach an agreement with Pratt this year.

Bailey was a legit 2nd-3rd round LB if he didn't have the injury history he had at Purdue. 
Reply/Quote
We want Pratt on this team. Proof: Go ahead and picture him for 5 more years on a team like, say…the Steelers. **** that.

I feel like he’s being undervalued here due to recency bias after a missed tackle and a heated moment in a tunnel.
Reply/Quote
We need Pratt. Hopefully we offer him a decent deal and he accepts. It's a good looking group of free agent LBs. Which helps us and hurts him. I don't know if he finds BJ Hill money on the open market.
Reply/Quote
If you can only extend one, Logan is the better LB and bigger priority in my opinion. Perhaps it’s scheme related but Wilson had 30+ more solo tackles than Pratt. Pratt has the faster 40 but he seems to play slower than Wilson. Pratt is a fine LB but not one to overpay for.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 01:45 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: We want Pratt on this team. Proof: Go ahead and picture him for 5 more years on a team like, say…the Steelers. **** that.

I feel like he’s being undervalued here due to recency bias after a missed tackle and a heated moment in a tunnel.

Not at $15 million per.  I'd rather have Wilson
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 10:04 PM)casear2727 Wrote: This is true, but teams probably also know he wasn't a 3rd down LB, which of course would require excellent cover skills, thus the PFF score may be inflated a little?

The thing is, the league is now a passing league with few truly elite rushing teams, and I think Pratt could still develop a bit more and be a better tackler. To me, even if he isn’t a 3 down linebacker, his ability to cover well will inflate that kind of contract a bit.

Man I’d love to keep both Wilson and Pratt but I think that will be too much money.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 01:58 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: The thing is, the league is now a passing league with few truly elite rushing teams, and I think Pratt could still develop a bit more and be a better tackler. To me, even if he isn’t a 3 down linebacker, his ability to cover well will inflate that kind of contract a bit.

Man I’d love to keep both Wilson and Pratt but I think that will be too much money.

I'd like to keep him as well, at an affordable rate. His PFF score will help him, but if he is truly an excellent coverage guy why does he come off on 3rd down?

The PFF score is what it is but.... teams should question the 3rd down issue.

Reply/Quote
Playoff P has made some big plays for this team and provided a lot of cheers for fans, while not giving too much to complain about, overall. 

If they Bengals can make it work, i would love to have him back. If he wants to back up to the bank vault, i say good luck in the future and thanks for the memories!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
We can only try.
I know we can't keep/please everyone, but should try either way.
Never know what you can do with a qb like Burrow, guys chase rings, burrow gives you a legit shot each year.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 01:45 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: We want Pratt on this team. Proof: Go ahead and picture him for 5 more years on a team like, say…the Steelers. **** that.

I'm not sure if it's that people don't want Pratt, maybe some do though. I feel like he's made statements indicating he wants to be pretty highly compensated and I'm not sure the Bengals will have cap space to pay what he wants. It seems like it will come down to Pratt and Wilson, whichever you think is better. 
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 04:19 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Playoff P has made some big plays for this team and provided a lot of cheers for fans, while not giving too much to complain about, overall. 

If they Bengals can make it work, i would love to have him back. If he wants to back up to the bank vault, i say good luck in the future and thanks for the memories!

One of the very few Bengals that improved every season that he was here. Most come here and plateau the moment they land in Covington. Prat bettered himself every season. 
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2023, 04:41 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Position does not matter, an overpay is an overpay.

Agreed. SB contenders should never overpay. That stuff is for the teams at the bottom with tons of cap space. Guys should want to be here, and we have too many guys to pay to be offering top dollar at guys like Pratt.

Not that Pratt is bad. He's a good player. Point remains.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
After the meltdown after the loss extend bj hill and don't let the door hit you on your way out Germaine.
Reply/Quote

I feel like we want to keep most of our free agents. The issue is, a lot are coming off of cheap rookie deals and will be due for sizeable raises. You can only do so many raises with the salary cap.
Reply/Quote