Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Germaine Pratt campaigning
I'd like to re-sign Pratt, remember how bad our LB's were before we got him and Wilson? We needed to hit on those picks and we did.
Reply/Quote
Pratt is very good, but his is not a 3 down LB. His future salary will be nowhere close to pass rushing studs like TJ Watt and 3 down LB's like Mosely. I think the way the tags are determined are crap. An inside LB should have a franchise tag closer to a TE than a WR.

I see Pratt having a value of 3 years for 26 million with 15/16 million guaranteed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2023, 04:51 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Pratt is very good, but his is not a 3 down LB. His future salary will be nowhere close to pass rushing studs like TJ Watt and 3 down LB's like Mosely. I think the way the tags are determined are crap. An inside LB should have a franchise tag closer to a TE than a WR.

I see Pratt having a value of 3 years for 26 million with 15/16 million guaranteed.

Pass on making a 2-down LB the 13th highest paid ILB in the NFL.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2023, 04:51 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Pratt is very good, but his is not a 3 down LB. His future salary will be nowhere close to pass rushing studs like TJ Watt and 3 down LB's like Mosely. I think the way the tags are determined are crap. An inside LB should have a franchise tag closer to a TE than a WR.

It was interesting to note that after the post-Cleveland game tweet, his snap counts jumped.  Before Cleveland, he played 70-75% of the snaps.  After Cleveland, he started playing over 80% of the snaps. He played over 90% of the snaps for most of the playoffs.  I suspect his snap counts really depend on the QB they are facing.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2023, 12:51 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Not at $15 million per.  I'd rather have Wilson

Where are you getting $15M/per?  Sporttrac has him evaluated at 4 yr/$42M or avg of $10.6M/per.

http://https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/germaine-pratt-29108/market-value/

In today's market, he's worth that amount.  Remember how shitty the LB room was before guys like Pratt, Wilson, and ADG were here?  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 11:57 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Where are you getting $15M/per?  Sporttrac has him evaluated at 4 yr/$42M or avg of $10.6M/per.

http://https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/germaine-pratt-29108/market-value/

In today's market, he's worth that amount.  Remember how shitty the LB room was before guys like Pratt, Wilson, and ADG were here?  

This is not a bad number for Pratt, but Sporttrac is not very reliable, they also have Trey Flowers at 3yr/34M...

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 12:43 PM)casear2727 Wrote: This is not a bad number for Pratt, but Sporttrac is not very reliable, they also have Trey Flowers at 3yr/34M...

If you go with PFF's valuation numbers, it's even less ($24.75M/$8.25 per/$14.75M guaranteed).  With both of those services having him at around $10M or less/per, I still see any hopes of Pratt getting $15M/per as wishful thinking on his agent's part.

https://news.yahoo.com/bengals-look-great-free-agency-142334408.html

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 12:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If you go with PFF's valuation numbers, it's even less ($24.75M/$8.25 per/$14.75M guaranteed).  With both of those services having him at around $10M or less/per, I still see any hopes of Pratt getting $15M/per as wishful thinking on his agent's part.

https://news.yahoo.com/bengals-look-great-free-agency-142334408.html

I absolutely agree.  Those 3-4 edge "LBs" artificially inflate the position number.  They should have their own category.

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2023, 12:59 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I absolutely agree.  Those 3-4 edge "LBs" artificially inflate the position number.  They should have their own category.

Yeah, Pratt is a 2 down stack LB'er pretty much that can make a good play here and there in coverage. The reason I would like
him back is how he rips at the ball and shows up in the big moments most of the time. But it would have to be for around 10 mil
a year at the most. Still think he moves on and we extend Logan once it is time and ADG becomes a big time player for us.

The emergence of ADG is what makes Pratt leaving bearable.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2023, 03:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, Pratt is a 2 down stack LB'er pretty much that can make a good play here and there in coverage. The reason I would like
him back is how he rips at the ball and shows up in the big moments most of the time. But it would have to be for around 10 mil
a year at the most. Still think he moves on and we extend Logan once it is time and ADG becomes a big time player for us.

The emergence of ADG is what makes Pratt leaving bearable.

Logan is extension eligible now.

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2023, 04:21 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Logan is extension eligible now.

Get'er done. Mellow
Reply/Quote
It will be interesting to see if positional value and the LB Free Market effects Germaine Pratt's contract.

TJ Edwards
David Long Jr
Bobby Okereke
Kyzir White
Azeez Al-Shaair
Tremaine Edmunds
Deion Jones
Anthony Walker
Denzel Perryman
Rashaan Evans
Leighton Vander Esch
Corey Littleton
Kwon Alexander
Drue Tranquill

Sione Takitaki
Cody Barton
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Anyone hating on Pratt for his emotional response after a gut wrenching loss is clueless. This is the highest level of sports, best athletes in the world. To succeed here your drive and desire has to be elite level. Pratt was yelling because he cares. Pratt was yelling at no one other than talking out loud and saying what we all said to our TVs when Ossai hit Mahomes.

Pratt has been a baller and has developed to a really good player. I don’t think we’ll resign him bc we have bigger fish to fry, but losing him will hurt.

If he signed for $8M/year or less I would love it.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 03:58 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Anyone hating on Pratt for his emotional response after a gut wrenching loss is clueless. This is the highest level of sports, best athletes in the world. To succeed here your drive and desire has to be elite level. Pratt was yelling because he cares. Pratt was yelling at no one other than talking out loud and saying what we all said to our TVs when Ossai hit Mahomes.

Pratt has been a baller and has developed to a really good player. I don’t think we’ll resign him bc we have bigger fish to fry,  but losing him will hurt.

Guys like him that are good in coverage don't just grow on trees.  He's been here during the darkest of time and has grown into a good player through the turnaround.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 03:58 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Anyone hating on Pratt for his emotional response after a gut wrenching loss is clueless. This is the highest level of sports, best athletes in the world. To succeed here your drive and desire has to be elite level. Pratt was yelling because he cares. Pratt was yelling at no one other than talking out loud and saying what we all said to our TVs when Ossai hit Mahomes.

Pratt has been a baller and has developed to a really good player. I don’t think we’ll resign him bc we have bigger fish to fry,  but losing him will hurt.

I agree and all for bringing him back, it hurts to lose any player who is playing in their prime. Especially next season if we do as
ADG will probably have some bone headed plays early in his career. I do think ADG could end up being better than Pratt though 
eventually, especially in coverage and in pass rushing situations on the blitz. Also think ADG could be just as good at creating TO's
to a point, namely interceptions, but the way Pratt strips the ball out is rare and he done his thing in the biggest games.

That is something to wonder about if indeed Germaine does go somewhere else for big dough.

(02-08-2023, 04:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Guys like him that are good in coverage don't just grow on trees.  He's been here during the darkest of time and has grown into a good player through the turnaround.

Pratt is a 2 down LB'er though, which could hurt his chances of getting a monster contract somewhere else.

I think ADG could be a 3 down LB like Logan, I know Pratt shown he CAN be good in coverage, but he is a bit thick in today's NFL.

ADG has length and more range IMO.
Reply/Quote

Pratt was absolutely talking about Ossai, no need to sugarcoat it.  According to Lapham Pratt apologized to Ossai so....

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2023, 06:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree and all for bringing him back, it hurts to lose any player who is playing in their prime. Especially next season if we do as
ADG will probably have some bone headed plays early in his career. I do think ADG could end up being better than Pratt though 
eventually, especially in coverage and in pass rushing situations on the blitz. Also think ADG could be just as good at creating TO's
to a point, namely interceptions, but the way Pratt strips the ball out is rare and he done his thing in the biggest games.

That is something to wonder about if indeed Germaine does go somewhere else for big dough.

Pratt is a 2 down LB'er though, which could hurt his chances of getting a monster contract somewhere else.

I think ADG could be a 3 down LB like Logan, I know Pratt shown he CAN be good in coverage, but he is a bit thick in today's NFL.

ADG has length and more range IMO.

That's true Nate, he likely could.  But, unless he wants to sacrifice some athleticism to put some more mass on for run stopping, having him out there for 3 downs would not improve the situation.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Pratt is a 3 down LB

He is gonna make whatever team he’s on very happy
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2023, 06:23 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Pratt was absolutely talking about Ossai, no need to sugarcoat it.  According to Lapham Pratt apologized to Ossai so....

Yea of course he was talking about him. Big difference in yelling out frustration, versus yelling in someone’s face at them.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2023, 07:49 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Yea of course he was talking about him. Big difference in yelling out frustration, versus yelling in someone’s face at them.

It was still out of line and not a good look, definitely out of character with this locker room.  

Reply/Quote