Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Germaine Pratt...we'll see ya
0% this dude is back in stripes next year.

ZT values the locker room and a players character. Pratt won't stop tweeting bullshit and with the way he treated Ossai after the KC loss...this guy dug his grave.

It kind of reminds me of Spain last year. He threw the other OL under the bus after the SB loss and the Bengals showed no interest in him coming back.

I'd look for the Bengals to re-up Logan Wilson this off-season while Pratt walks. I just can't see them bringing him back.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I can't say that I completely agree with the OP's sentiment on this one. I feel like the chance that Pratt is re-signed is likely closer to 65% than zero. The dude has developed into a really solid, all-around LB, his coverage game was pretty much excellent this season. It's unfortunate that an emotional moment was caught on camera, following the KC game, as those are private team moments that cameras should not have been present. That type of thing happens in every locker room following a tough, close defeat. I'm willing to bet that Pratt and Ossai have spoken with each other about that incident and more than likely put it behind them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2023, 11:43 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: 0% this dude is back in stripes next year.

ZT values the locker room and a players character. Pratt won't stop tweeting bullshit and with the way he treated Ossai after the KC loss...this guy dug his grave.

It kind of reminds me of Spain last year. He threw the other OL under the bus after the SB loss and the Bengals showed no interest in him coming back.

I'd look for the Bengals to re-up Logan Wilson this off-season while Pratt walks. I just can't see them bringing him back.

Logan does seem to be the current defensive player emerging as the most likely to get a long term contract to remain with the team. He's steady on defense and a leader.
Reply/Quote
I mean we re-uped Eli Apple last year. So running your mouth isn't the deciding factor
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2023, 12:02 PM)bonesaw Wrote: I mean we re-uped Eli Apple last year.  So running your mouth isn't the deciding factor

Running your mouth at players on other teams is one thing, running your mouth about players on your team and your role on the team is another thing... 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I thought Pratt apologized for his rant. I accept that action from him.
Reply/Quote
For context…I think?

Reply/Quote
Pratt has been very solid for the Bengals and the Ossai thing was in the heat of the moment. Agree with Sunset that this has been rectified by now and they've moved forward.

Ossai probably yelled at himself after the play, $hi+ happens in realtime and they both know that, just happened at a very unfortunate time. But many plays throughout that game were blundered that may have changed the outcome.

Don't blame Pratt for wanting more plays on the field as well. In fact I want every player to be hungry for PT and salivating to receive it.

Now I know nothing about what he is saying in his tweets. But if they're detrimental to the team and it's chemistry then it is time to move on. Once again I don't know what he said to really form an opinion on that side.

Think it will come down to how much Jack he is seeking. But if another team offers him more PT then I expect he is leaving whether the Bengals want to keep him or not.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2023, 12:26 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: For context…I think?

I wouldn't read too much into these Tweets as anything bad. I view them as a dude with too much free time in the offseason. He's bored and tweeting after getting in some workouts, chatting it up with the agent, or whatever.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2023, 11:43 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: 0% this dude is back in stripes next year.

Folks don't want to admit it, but Spain was not retained because he is not very good and slow off the ball. Is good once he engages, but is too slow to engage the good rushers and has no chance against the elite pass rushers. There is a reason the Rams attacked that spot on the most crucial play of the SB.   

The calvary will point to PFF scores and I will offer that no team in the entire NFL even glanced at him and most are in need of OL and even ones who are not need depth.  

His mouth may not have helped his cause but his play on the field ultimately buried him. Hopefully he comes back to the league next year and proves me wrong, really want everybody to succeed and do well. Unfortunately the world does not spin in this direction and there will always be the good, the bad, and the ugly. . 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

A team made of all choir boys won’t get it done either. Need A few players who are passionate about winning and have an edge to them take losing personally and don’t quietly go home and just count their paycheck after a tough loss. Solid linebacker he didn’t commit an off the field felony
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2023, 12:26 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: For context…I think?

On his second tweet i can’t blame him for being upset at his lack of 3rd down play time

He earned it

No one can tell me he would’ve went from an above average 2 down guy to total ass on 3rd down. Great IQ, great hands, great speed.

He does have to understand though that in todays league coming out in nickle with 2 linebackers is hard to do against a lot of the better teams we play. The league is all about spreading out defenses now and I’d just rather have a DB out there more times than an extra LB. But it did seem like he was never even given a chance to TRY. That’s not good coaching.

I know we love Akeem Davis-Gaither and i love him too so I’m not sad to see Pratt go i just wish we would’ve turned that 3rd down stone before he left so we could definitively say he’s good or bad at it.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I’m putting it on the record right now and will eat crow if his 2023-2024 season is trash

I think Pratt can and WILL be a successful 3 down linebacker for his next team. And we will have sellers remorse on his behalf. I don’t think he’ll be all pro or some shit but we are gonna be salty he’s gone
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I'd be highly surprised if Pratt doesn't return.

If he doesn't, we can conclude the apology he issued was probably viewed as hollow.

If it was genuine and the team h as moved on, we all know Cincy pays its own, much more often than not.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2023, 12:44 PM)Housh Wrote: No one can tell me he would’ve went from an above average 2 down guy to total ass on 3rd down.

Ehhh... wouldn't be the first time a guy gets worse with increased responsibilities.

There were numerous people who thought BJ Hill would actually put up much better stats in 2022 than he did in 2021 with the increased playing time. He went from 47% of the snaps to 79% of the snaps and ended up with 1 less solo tackle, 2.5 less sacks, 2 less TFL, and 1 less QB Hit.

Some guys just look a lot better when their exposure is limited and they're able to mostly only be in situations where they thrive. Also when they get a bit more rest and are able to put more effort towards when they are on the field, because they don't have to worry about being out there every down.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
So false narratives here can NEVER be removed no matter how many times they are addressed. Quinten Spain did not throw his teammates under the bus after the Superbowl. If fact he did just the opposite. He admitted he "messed up":

Quote:“Didn’t do s*** all game on me I know y’all was watching and waiting for me to mess up,” he tweeted.

As to Pratt: I thought that was nipped in the bud both here and in the Bengals. He's a solid teammate if the compensations matches the skill, he'll be back, if not he'll walk.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2023, 12:40 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The calvary will point to PFF scores and I will offer that no team in the entire NFL even glanced at him and most are in need of OL and even ones who are not need depth.  

As a life-long Cavalry Scout I cannot let this lie. CALVARY is the name of the hill on which Jesus was crucified. CAVALRY are the bad*** MFers 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
The big question regarding Pratt is, who do the coaches think is the better player: Pratt or Wilson. Because I don't think they should give second contracts to both. That's a lot of money to give to off ball line backers.

So, if the Bengals feel Pratt is better than Wilson, I think we'll re-sign Pratt.

The thing is....I don't think the Bengals feel that way.

So Pratt is probably gone.

Unless the market just totally whiffs on him and we get him back for like 5M AAV.
Reply/Quote
Much like Bates I'm just not a huge fan. It's not that I dislike the guy or think he's overrated but what he thinks of himself is way more than what he's really worth. I saw several moments in games where he is not providing full effort. The same cannot be said about Logan Wilson...that guy is providing his best effort on every play and he is hands down the better LB of the two and deserves a contract extension. ADG and Bailey are more than serviceable in place of Pratt and more money is saved to use towards keeping your core together.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2023, 02:35 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I'd be highly surprised if Pratt doesn't return.

If he doesn't, we can conclude the apology he issued was probably viewed as hollow.

If it was genuine and the team h as moved on, we all know Cincy pays its own, much more often than not.

IMO his apology isn't the issue.

The issue is extending both Pratt and Wilson.  They won't extend both because it's too many resources into that position group.  They will pick one to extend and one to let go.
Reply/Quote