Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get rid of Dennard
Do it now.

The fair catch interference was inexcusable. No excuses.

This isn't practically his "first year" on special teams. You don't do shit like that.

He's a first round bust. Let's not invest more in him like we did Margus.

Unlike Margus, Dennard can't make plays on special teams.
Reply/Quote
Wasn't there someone on here just the other day who posted that a team would trade away a 1st round pick for Dennard?

LOL
Reply/Quote
We need better Safety play.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They should blow this D up and start over next year. Too many guys aren't playing up to their contracts. Burfict, Jones, Maualuga, Dansby, Williams, Iloka, Peko, and MJ are all overpaid and underperforming. These guys can't even get their assignments right.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:31 PM)Whatever Wrote: They should blow this D up and start over next year.  Too many guys aren't playing up to their contracts.  Burfict, Jones, Maualuga, Dansby, Williams, Iloka, Peko, and MJ are all overpaid and underperforming.  These guys can't even get their assignments right.

Burfict wasn't or isn't that bad. Just in coverage. 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:38 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Burfict wasn't or isn't that bad. Just in coverage. 

Well in today's NFL that's not a good thing.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:50 PM)J24 Wrote: Well in today's NFL that's not a good thing.

He makes enough plays to justify his stay, and I think most fans agree.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:24 PM)treee Wrote: We need better Safety play.

Between that and the coaches seemingly having our CBs play 10 yards off every receiver is why our Defense can't do anything. 

This is a coaching problem more than anything, yea Iloka and Williams have played like shit but with our Dline and CBs we should still be better.

I think the main problem is coaching, when you play 10 yards off of every Receiver and TE on the field most coaches halfway competent realize that they can throw short passes for 5-10 yards damn near every play while at the same time negating the pass rush completely because you are out there throwing quick pass to wide open receivers.

We can blame players all we want but at the end of the day the defensive coaches have made terrible decisions that have led to our entire Defense playing worse.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:02 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Do it now.

This isn't practically his "first year" on special teams. You don't do shit like that.

I blame lack of coaching on this. When you have an undisciplined team point the finger to coaching.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 04:12 PM)GodFather Wrote: I blame lack of coaching on this. When you have an undisciplined team point the finger to coaching.

I was about to post the same thing.

When you have all of these 1st Round draft picks...it has to be more than just constantly picking the wrong players. It's poor coaching.

The lack of discipline...when you have the meltdown in the playoffs that we had last year with Burfict and Jones...and you bring those players back with no penalty...the team is going to meltdown and not be disciplined.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:31 PM)Whatever Wrote: They should blow this D up and start over next year.  Too many guys aren't playing up to their contracts.  Burfict, Jones, Maualuga, Dansby, Williams, Iloka, Peko, and MJ are all overpaid and underperforming.  These guys can't even get their assignments right.

I'd add a few coaches who are overpaid and vastly underperforming. If I include the HC and offensive coaches the list would be longer. Sick
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:02 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Do it now.

said this on another thread but Dennard's lack of progression is one of the most disappointing things about the current team.

Originally i thought it was down to Marv and his debilitating conservatism when it comes to playing young guys/draftees. 

Yet another guy who was raved about in pre-season but is a bust right now.  I'm getting real p*ssed off with these recent draftees failing to challenge and replace aging starters. 

I'm sure he'll have one decent game this year at which point someone will crow 'I told you so' whilst conveniently forgetting we have had 3 years of zero contribution 
Reply/Quote
If Dennard were a free agent next offseason, I can't decide if:
1) no one would sign him, or
2) if Zimmer would sign him and turn him into an excellent player.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 04:12 PM)GodFather Wrote: I blame lack of coaching on this. When you have an undisciplined team point the finger to coaching.

Yeah, special teams has been anything but special this year.

Marvin Lewis has never really had a disciplined team here.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:31 PM)Whatever Wrote: They should blow this D up and start over next year. Too many guys aren't playing up to their contracts. Burfict, Jones, Maualuga, Dansby, Williams, Iloka, Peko, and MJ are all overpaid and underperforming. These guys can't even get their assignments right.

That's on Paul Guenther. How a coach can waste talent like this is inexcusable.
Reply/Quote
Another week another first round pick cut by the OP.
Reply/Quote
Why would we cut Dennard and hang onto Brown and Lewis-Harris? He's better than both of them. WTS I'd like to see K. Russell get a little PT.

Also is WJIII eligible to come back this year?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 09:01 PM)lostpoet2 Wrote: If Dennard were a free agent next offseason, I can't decide if:
2) if Zimmerman would sign him and turn him into an excellent player.

If Dennard were a free agent next offseason, I can't decide if:

3) who is Zimmerman?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 10:02 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: If Dennard were a free agent next offseason, I can't decide if:

3) who is Zimmerman?

Sorry, auto correct on phone
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 09:01 PM)lostpoet2 Wrote: If Dennard were a free agent next offseason, I can't decide if:
2) if Zimmer would sign him and turn him into an excellent player.

Lots of teams would come calling since he's a former first rounder and DBs are always needed.

As for part 2 of that statement, keep this in mind, Zimmer makes Terrance Newman look like an All-Pro every time they work together...pretty sure he'd turn Dennard into Revis. 

Simply put the faults of this team are completely a result of the coaching.

How many times do you hear the NFL "experts" and such talk about the depth and talent of this team, and in that regard, they are right. This team has been deep and has been very talented for years. That means the coaching is just crap.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote