Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get that Kool-Aid outa my face...
...cuz I am so ready to take a big drink.

Nobody can cover Eifert, Geno is ruining practice, Burfict coming along, the young CB's look very ready, Alford has scary speed, Andy is tearing it up in the no huddle, AJ on a mission, Whit and Andre in the best shape of their lives, on and on.

Stop it.  Just please stop it.  I am not strong enough to resist.

There is a different feel to things.  Ignore it.

I tell myself I have to look at like this--

Yes, it looks like a duck and walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, but I'm gonna have to see it fly.

I tell myself this.  Does no good.

Am I the only one barely restraining the giddy welling up inside?  Anybody got some words of discouragement to put out any of the fire?  This is not a question I would normally ask.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2015, 12:44 PM)McC Wrote: ...cuz I am so ready to take a big drink.

Nobody can cover Eifert, Geno is ruining practice, Burfict coming along, the young CB's look very ready, Alford has scary speed, Andy is tearing it up in the no huddle, AJ on a mission, Whit and Andre in the best shape of their lives, on and on.

Yes, it looks like a duck and walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, but I'm gonna have to see it fly.

Am I the only one barely restraining the giddy welling up inside?  Anybody got some words of discouragement to put out any of the fire?  This is not a question I would normally ask.

Haha!!! Things are definitely looking good.  I am excited too.

Just keep in mind, this is the Bengals and we have the same HC. ThumbsUp
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote

Well I hate to do it to you then, but I got a feeling Dre Kirkpatrick will have a breakout year. He was money in college and he's ready to be the franchise face of the team. That's exactly the kind of fire you want to see in a defender at the start of a season. 
Reply/Quote

I prefer optimism and hope versus gloom and doom. I am mature enough to understand failure (losses) is the reality when there are 32 NFL teams and one prize. I am a gambler and the odds do not favor any NFL team in August. If we lose or have a bad year, I can kick, scream and vent numerous ways.

I prefer to be optimistic starting out (pre-season) with a team that has proven they can compete with the big boys, if they fail this year, life will go on. I don't have the need to be able to tell others I told you so, I was the smart one and you were dumb for taking an optimistic view of a team 4-23-1 and the best record overall of all teams in the AFCN under AD and company starting AD's rookie year going against proven NFL QB's like Flacco and Ben R.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
There's a lot to be optimistic about. Geno getting better, Eifert and Jones back, Hill in #1 spot from the beginning, Gio hopefully busting the plays open he does, defense hopefully better, OC with a year under his belt of knowing the players, same with DC, Andy hopefully better and on and on.

But like PAPinhead said - Marvin Lewis is still calling the shots so ..................
Reply/Quote
I'm sure Giggles will find a way to NOT use the weapons we have. It's how he rolls.....
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
There will be yet another slew of injuries, Dalton will continue to be a choker... etc etc

Don't drink the Kool Aid. Make these guys prove it.
Reply/Quote
How is Dre going to have a breakout season if he can't even cover Eifert in practice! Ninja

On a lighter note, I'm going to coin a nickname for Eifert....iFart, as in "I fart in your general direction when I catch the ball and burn you for a TD" or he's like a fart in the wind; there and GONE!
Reply/Quote
[Image: remember_Jonestown.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2015, 04:34 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: [Image: remember_Jonestown.jpg]

Is that a joke?  I can't seem to find the punchline.
Reply/Quote
I'm not excited about this team at all. I don't deny the talent and great players we have across this roster but we still have the same coach and qb running this team. We will never succeed with the Lewis+Dalton combo.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2015, 04:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How is Dre going to have a breakout season if he can't even cover Eifert in practice! Ninja

On a lighter note, I'm going to coin a nickname for Eifert....iFart, as in "I fart in your general direction when I catch the ball and burn you for a TD" or he's like a fart in the wind; there and GONE!

Pretty much sums up Eifert's 2014 season.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Unless we stay close to fully healthy, I fear this team will lay down and allow the weakness created by whatever position hit hardest to sink it. Last year it was the WR position going into the playoffs.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
I'm drinking the Kool-Aid when it comes to a surprise draft pick in C.J, who I didn't think much of when his name came across the screen. And I'm liking what I'm hearing from some emerging undrafted free agents. Some people to watch closely during the preseason. Hopefully the Kool-Aid still refreshing by the end of the next couple weeks. It'll be a good sign going into the regular season.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2015, 04:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How is Dre going to have a breakout season if he can't even cover Eifert in practice! Ninja

You do realize that a corner almost never goes up against a TE right. The only time it would happen would be during zone coverage where the TE runs a corner route. That is popular in the red zone but the point is to generally get your TE on a LB to make a matchup problem. 

Sometimes I think I'm the only person that really knows anything about football in the room.
Reply/Quote
Never fear, I am here to douse your dillusions of greatness.

Dalton is still Dalton.
Marvin Jones is already injured again.
The drop off after Jones is dramatic.
Eifert is unproven.
Burfict is a stupid tackle away from retirement.
Geno is an all-star practice player. Let's see what he does when it counts.
Our LB's are garbage after the fragile Burfict.
Our corners are young and/or unproven.
The Ben-gals are merely average.
Paul Brown is dead.
Sam Wyche is coaching high school ball.
Joe Pong is still Joe Pong.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2015, 09:19 PM)Utts Wrote: Never fear, I am here to douse your dillusions of greatness.

Dalton is still Dalton.
Marvin Jones is already injured again.
The drop off after Jones is dramatic.
Eifert is unproven.
Burfict is a stupid tackle away from retirement.
Geno is an all-star practice player. Let's see what he does when it counts.
Our LB's are garbage after the fragile Burfict.
Our corners are young and/or unproven.
The Ben-gals are merely average.
Paul Brown is dead.
Sam Wyche is coaching high school ball.
Joe Pong is still Joe Pong.

You had me at "Dalton is still Dalton."
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2015, 04:34 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: [Image: remember_Jonestown.jpg]

(08-09-2015, 05:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Is that a joke?  I can't seem to find the punchline.

This isn't a joke. Just drink the cool aid like you're told! 
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2015, 09:09 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: You do realize that a corner almost never goes up against a TE right. The only time it would happen would be during zone coverage where the TE runs a corner route. That is popular in the red zone but the point is to generally get your TE on a LB to make a matchup problem. 

Sometimes I think I'm the only person that really knows anything about football in the room.
Or when the TE lines up in the slot and the defense runs a nickle. Or if said TE lines up outside which Eifert can do...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I'm drinking it...just keep it coming.

All I ask is please don't break my heart again...Please, I don't think I can take another disappointment.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote