Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Get your popcorn popping
Prigozhyn in Russia threatening to take on the Russian army. 
Telegram channels are lighting up and Russian internet is being shut down. They've crossed into Ros-on-Don saying they'll destroy anyone in their way in Russia.. Some reports say they're already headed towards Moscow..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Quote:“If anyone gets in the way, we will destroy everyone. We go to the end, ”Prigozhyn
So much for a boring Friday night..

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
That's crazy.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
I’m not sure they make enough whiskey for me to think about stuff like this.

Russia just gave nukes to their neighbor Belarus right? And now they are looking at the guy who leads mercenaries on their behalf, who happen to kidnap, castrate, torture, rape, and sledge hammer skulls of their victims, coming after the Russian military. Meanwhile there were already internal uprisings by groups who are/were not affiliated with the mercenaries trying to sabotage the unjust war.

Man. Putin really shit the bed. And as much as I hate the guy. The thought of one of these maniacs who has been going around raping, murdering, and mutilating people getting ahold of nukes is not a thought I am comfortable with.
Reply/Quote
I was actually telling someone this was going to happen a month or so ago.

Not because I actually knew it would happen, but because the writing was on the wall. There has been multiple reports of Russian in fighting and defections for months and it seemed clear that at some point the tide was going to turn on Putin.

My only question is how much did Ukraine know about this attempted coup? Interesting that it's taking place right when Ukraine is initiating its counter offensive

I dont think this is something that's just going to blow over either. The Wagner Mercenary Group reportedly has approximately 25,000 troops and have apparently taken two Russian cities already.
Reply/Quote
Meanwhile the global supply of popcorn has become critically low.. Russia is in full civil war at the moment. We'll see how much is a ruse .. 

Reply/Quote
I wonder..Is Putin still a genius? Ask Donald.  

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2023, 10:29 AM)grampahol Wrote: I wonder..Is Putin still a genius? Ask Donald.  

Can any of you go a single thread without mentioning Trump?
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2023, 11:24 AM)basballguy Wrote: Can any of you go a single thread without mentioning Trump?

No we can't.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2023, 10:11 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: I was actually telling someone this was going to happen a month or so ago.

Not because I actually knew it would happen, but because the writing was on the wall. There has been multiple reports of Russian in fighting and defections for months and it seemed clear that at some point the tide was going to turn on Putin.

My only question is how much did Ukraine know about this attempted coup? Interesting that it's taking place right when Ukraine is initiating its counter offensive

I dont think this is something that's just going to blow over either. The Wagner Mercenary Group reportedly has approximately 25,000 troops and have apparently taken two Russian cities already.

When you rely heavily on mercenaries for your manpower, you have to countermeasure for the possibility that they will do mercenary things at some point.  Ukrainian/Western entities would be negligent if they had the funds available and didn't try to sway Wagner to work for a new employer.
Reply/Quote
Apparently, it is a CIA coup ordered by Pres Biden to distract the world from Hunter's problems. This, of course, immediately following them sinking the Titanic submarine to do the same thing

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Ok so I haven't looked into to this at all, but with the war in Ukraine basically being played out for months on social media and modern technology that allows the media to geolocate pictures and videos, I have to ask.....is this real or a Russian Ruse?

Eventually, our satellites and intelligence will know the truth, but I wonder where we are at the moment?

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2023, 11:24 AM)basballguy Wrote: Can any of you go a single thread without mentioning Trump?

Trump has a decent chance of being president again if Biden trips like 2 more times in the next 500 days.  I don't know how many times this has to be mentioned...we have 2 political parties and one of them has decided to completely sell it's soul to Donald Trump.

Donald Trump is one of the most relevant people on the planet, so no, expecting Americans to talk about anything political without mentioning Trump is like wondering why people in Jungle Noise keep talking about Joe Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2023, 12:33 PM)Stewy Wrote: Ok so I haven't looked into to this at all, but with the war in Ukraine basically being played out for months on social media and modern technology that allows the media to geolocate pictures and videos, I have to ask.....is this real or a Russian Ruse?

Eventually, our satellites and intelligence will know the truth, but I wonder where we are at the moment?

Thoughts?

All signs point to it being true so far. All of the major outlets are reporting it and Moscow is being reinforced with major security measures. The mayor of Moscow has urged residents to stay off the streets and all work has been called off for Monday.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2023, 01:24 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: All signs point to it being true so far. All of the major outlets are reporting it and Moscow is being reinforced with major security measures. The mayor of Moscow has urged residents to stay off the streets and all work has been called off for Monday.

Three day weekend?  Lucky stiffs!

Seriously, I hope people who think a civil war would turn the USA into a mega super power overnight are paying attention to stuff like this.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2023, 12:33 PM)Stewy Wrote: Ok so I haven't looked into to this at all, but with the war in Ukraine basically being played out for months on social media and modern technology that allows the media to geolocate pictures and videos, I have to ask.....is this real or a Russian Ruse?

Thoughts?

I think it's real.

There's been multiple occasions throughout this war where things have been claimed and the other side would immediately shoot it down as false reporting. Everyone appears to be unanmous on what's currently taking place in Russia.

It's also being reported that flights out of Moscow have sold out. If that's true, I think that's signficant because it means the Russian general public is being told the same thing in a time where Putin has been censoring everything about the war. It's also been reported that Putin himself has fled Moscow.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2023, 12:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Trump has a decent chance of being president again if Biden trips like 2 more times in the next 500 days.  I don't know how many times this has to be mentioned...we have 2 political parties and one of them has decided to completely sell it's soul to Donald Trump.

Donald Trump is one of the most relevant people on the planet, so no, expecting Americans to talk about anything political without mentioning Trump is like wondering why people in Jungle Noise keep talking about Joe Burrow.

You really think that old coot has any chance of winning an election??  If so, you have much more faith than I.

Also, you must really be terrified of some Trump to compare him in the same breath as Joe Burrow.   Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2023, 02:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You really think that old coot has any chance of winning an election??  If so, you have much more faith than I.

Also, you must really be terrified of some Trump to compare him in the same breath as Joe Burrow.   Cool

I think you are being facetious but relevance does not equal awesomeness.  And I also don't think someone who hasn't voted for a democrat since 2008 being extremely uneasy with the current and future state of the GOP is cause for a Barry Horrowitz-style pat on the back.
Reply/Quote
So they went back to Ukraine.

Complete fools.

Reply/Quote

No, they can't.

He'll be dead 20 years from now and he'll somehow get mentioned in a thread about nuclear fusion.
Reply/Quote