Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting it off my chest
(01-12-2016, 12:17 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Sorry, but you are a fool if you believe this crap. He had plenty of time to go to Gio''s side during the game as Gio was down for at least 5 minutes, he didn't because he was too busy celebrating he hurt the man.

In all seriousness, the Steelers staff may have told their players not to go to them. For the exact reason we saw the situation with Burfict, Porter, and Jones turn out the way it did. Not sure if that is the case, but it's quite possible.
Reply/Quote
I honestly don't think Shazier MEANT to hurt Gio. I just thought it was a bit petty celebrating on the sideline. I have no issue with him being happy with the play and giving/getting high-fives, but, he was celebrating knowing Gio was still on the ground. I mean, even Burfict went over to AB to check on him but was rebuffed by one of the Steeler medical personnel.

Meh, it's over. Maybe one of these days these two teams will get back to playing football.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:29 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: http://cin.247sports.com/Bolt/Ryan-Shazier-clears-air-with-Giovani-Bernard--42741984

Shazier apologized to Gio today. Says he wasn't trying to hurt him.

Shazier pretty much has a clean record. I tend to think he is sincere.

And I'm sure more than a few Nazis apologized for what they did to Europe, the world, and the Jewish people.

But actions will always speak louder than words. And this is a player who not only celebrated an illegal hit (and it was illegal), but continued to celebrate for quite a while after people realized Bernard was hurt. He kept celebrating after Bernard got removed from the field. It's indicative of the team, the coaches, and the franchise that players like this are routinely praised and held with zero accountability

It was despicable. 

That being said, I cannot and will not offer a defense for the utterly inappropriate way Burfict, Jones, and Marvin Lewis acted. Nor will I defend the horrible show the fans put on. 

It was despicable.

There was so much wrong with the entirety of this football game. It's a black eye the Bengals sure as shit aren't recovering from anytime soon. It's a black eye the NFL will shift on to the Bengals to cover their own and the ref's asses.

It was all despicable.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:19 PM)Vlad Wrote: Burfie was goaded?? Aw poor baby.

You're only appalled because the sting of losing to the Steelers again hurts. Be appalled at Marvin, Burfict and your own organization, it's no ones fault but their own they lost.   

Both teams lost.  It will just take the Steelers one more week to feel the same pain.  The game would have been better served to be the AFCCG because they were probably the two best AFC teams.

That game was a blood bath.  Whichever team lost would likely not have won the next week.  Had the Bengals won they would have been without key players in NE.  As it stands Pitt is in the same shape, Big Ben's shoulder is wrecked and Antonio Brown is in the protocol.  They might be able to get AB back because he's really not hurt, but he still has to convince the doctor's of that somehow.  Even so they are still not going to beat Denver with a limp-armed QB.  

One things for sure, Pitt is no longer king and bully of the AFC North.  The balance of power is transferring and will continue to transfer because Ben is getting old.  Once he's done Pitt is done.  Kind of sad because it's a great rivalry.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 11:22 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: That game was a blood bath.  Whichever team lost would likely not have won the next week.  

That is still one more week than the Bengals have had since 1991..............We'll take it.   ThumbsUp
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:47 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: And I'm sure more than a few Nazis apologized for what they did to Europe, the world, and the Jewish people.

But actions will always speak louder than words. And this is a player who not only celebrated an illegal hit (and it was illegal), but continued to celebrate for quite a while after people realized Bernard was hurt. He kept celebrating after Bernard got removed from the field. It's indicative of the team, the coaches, and the franchise that players like this are routinely praised and held with zero accountability

It was despicable. 

That being said, I cannot and will not offer a defense for the utterly inappropriate way Burfict, Jones, and Marvin Lewis acted. Nor will I defend the horrible show the fans put on. 

It was despicable.

There was so much wrong with the entirety of this football game. It's a black eye the Bengals sure as shit aren't recovering from anytime soon. It's a black eye the NFL will shift on to the Bengals to cover their own and the ref's asses.

It was all despicable.

Hyperbole much?
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 11:08 AM)GMDino Wrote: Hyperbole much?

Only if you're making a direct connection. 

If you're gonna do something that you feel you should apologize for, don't ***** do it. If you insist on doing it, ***** own it.

I'd of rather Shazier came out and said he's glad he cleaned Bernard's clock instead of issuing a bullshit apology. At least then I could reconsider having lost all respect for the clown.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 04:28 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Only if you're making a direct connection. 

If you're gonna do something that you feel you should apologize for, don't ***** do it. If you insist on doing it, ***** own it.

I'd of rather Shazier came out and said he's glad he cleaned Bernard's clock instead of issuing a bullshit apology. At least then I could reconsider having lost all respect for the clown.

So you'd rather live in your world where it was deliberate and shazier lied about being sorry...than believe it was an accident and he feels bad;y about it.  Just so you can hate him more?
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 05:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: So you'd rather live in your world where it was deliberate and shazier lied about being sorry...than believe it was an accident and he feels bad;y about it.  Just so you can hate him more?

It was deliberate and nobody and their lame excuses are going to convince me otherwise. Had it not been deliberate, the jackass would've stopped celebrating as soon as he realized he'd actually done what he set out to do.

I'd rather live in a world where people own their actions for good or for ill instead of issuing empty apologies for actions they don't sincerely regret.

And I thought I made it pretty clear had he been honest about it I wouldn't hate him.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 05:22 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: It was deliberate and nobody and their lame excuses are going to convince me otherwise. Had it not been deliberate, the jackass would've stopped celebrating as soon as he realized he'd actually done what he set out to do.

I'd rather live in a world where people own their actions for good or for ill instead of issuing empty apologies for actions they don't sincerely regret.

And I thought I made it pretty clear had he been honest about it I wouldn't hate him.

Again, you'd be HAPPIER if he deliberately was trying to injure someone?

Weird.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 05:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: Again, you'd be HAPPIER if he deliberately was trying to injure someone?

Weird.

Yes. That's exactly what I'm saying. Except that's nowhere near what I'm saying and your transparent attempts to put words in my mouth is tiresome.

Perhaps if I write in crayon and upload the picture of it you'll understand.

Or if you understood what owning your actions meant.

Either one. I'll let the player decide.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 04:28 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Only if you're making a direct connection. 

I'd of rather Shazier came out and said he's glad he cleaned Bernard's clock instead of issuing a bullshit apology.
At least then I could reconsider having lost all respect for the clown.

(01-19-2016, 05:22 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: It was deliberate and nobody and their lame excuses are going to convince me otherwise. Had it not been deliberate, the jackass would've stopped celebrating as soon as he realized he'd actually done what he set out to do.

(01-19-2016, 05:39 PM)GMDino Wrote: Again, you'd be HAPPIER if he deliberately was trying to injure someone?

Weird.

(01-19-2016, 05:43 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Yes. That's exactly what I'm saying. Except that's nowhere near what I'm saying and your transparent attempts to put words in my mouth is tiresome.

Perhaps if I write in crayon and upload the picture of it you'll understand.

Or if you understood what owning your actions meant.

Either one. I'll let the player decide.

I just think that's weird.  I'd RATHER believe that Burfict wasn't trying to twist some guys ankle after the play or didn't go for a head/kill shot on AB that think they are out there TRYING to to deliberately hurt other players.

So someone apologizing for doing something wrong seems to be the right thing to do vs whatever it is you want them to do.

You can have your opinion...I just can't believe someone would want that. Rock On
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 09:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: I just think that's weird.  I'd RATHER believe that Burfict wasn't trying to twist some guys ankle after the play or didn't go for a head/kill shot on AB that think they are out there TRYING to to deliberately hurt other players.

So someone apologizing for doing something wrong seems to be the right thing to do vs whatever it is you want them to do.

You can have your opinion...I just can't believe someone would want that. Rock On

You think it's weird I'd rather people be honest than lying all the damn time?

Okay.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 08:04 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: You think it's weird I'd rather people be honest than lying all the damn time?

Okay.

No, I think its weird you would rather have players out there trying to injure people and weird that you won't believe that isn't the case.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 08:28 AM)GMDino Wrote: No, I think its weird you would rather have players out there trying to injure people and weird that you won't believe that isn't the case.

Show me where I said I wanted players out there trying to injure people. You can't because I didn't.

If you're going to sit there and keep trying to put those words in my mouth than I am done having this conversation with you.

I don't know how I can state it more clearly than "I don't want people trying to hurt other people, but if you're going to do it than you'd better own it instead of lying about it after the fact".

If I clean someone's clock and I dance about it for 3 minutes, my actions prove I'm not sorry about it, regardless of what I say 2 days after the fact.

If you still don't get it, sucks to suck. I'm done trying to explain it to you.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 09:45 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Show me where I said I wanted players out there trying to injure people. You can't because I didn't.

If you're going to sit there and keep trying to put those words in my mouth than I am done having this conversation with you.

I don't know how I can state it more clearly than "I don't want people trying to hurt other people, but if you're going to do it than you'd better own it instead of lying about it after the fact".

If I clean someone's clock and I dance about it for 3 minutes, my actions prove I'm not sorry about it, regardless of what I say 2 days after the fact.

If you still don't get it, sucks to suck. I'm done trying to explain it to you.

Saying you'd have more respect for the guy for saying he INTENDED to injure another player and not not saying it would be MORE wrong is saying you'd rather he be honest about it...and that you don't care as long as he's honest about it.

Beyond all that you would rather believe he's LYING when he says it was an accident because then you can say you have no respect for liars...no no respect for players who deliberately injure other players.

I don't think many (if any) players go out there WANTING to injure another player.  There are a few who want to hit hard and make the other player hurt and think about it (Harrison said that a few seasons ago.  Did you say how much respect you had for him for admitting it?)  There has been one the past few seasons who has tried to injure AFTER the play and try to do it in a sneaky manner (Burfict).

Sometimes there is a late hit or action AFTER the play when emotions get the better of people.  That is NOT going out to deliberately injure.

Either way I'll go with players apologizing over wanting them to "own up" to something that isn't true.

Rock On
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 09:56 AM)GMDino Wrote: Saying you'd have more respect for the guy for saying he INTENDED to injure another player and not not saying it would be MORE wrong is saying you'd rather he be honest about it...and that you don't care as long as he's honest about it.

Beyond all that you would rather believe he's LYING when he says it was an accident because then you can say you have no respect for liars...no no respect for players who deliberately injure other players.

I don't think many (if any) players go out there WANTING to injure another player.  There are a few who want to hit hard and make the other player hurt and think about it (Harrison said that a few seasons ago.  Did you say how much respect you had for him for admitting it?)  There has been one the past few seasons who has tried to injure AFTER the play and try to do it in a sneaky manner (Burfict).

Sometimes there is a late hit or action AFTER the play when emotions get the better of people.  That is NOT going out to deliberately injure.

Either way I'll go with players apologizing over wanting them to "own up" to something that isn't true.

Rock On

I had this nice long response all typed out about how you're now trying to twist my words (quick synopsis - I have no respect for Harrison but at least he's honest, I don't respect Burfict but at least he doesn't issue bullshit apologies, and I don't respect Shazier because he's a dancing clown), but my phone decided it wanted to change to Web view and deleted it. So I'll just type out the last sentence I had down.

I guess if Burfict had apologized for trying to crack open Brown's noggin, you'd be forced to respect him by your own admission. 
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 10:08 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I had this nice long response all typed out about how you're now trying to twist my words (quick synopsis - I have no respect for Harrison but at least he's honest, I don't respect Burfict but at least he doesn't issue bullshit apologies, and I don't respect Shazier because he's a dancing clown), but my phone decided it wanted to change to Web view and deleted it. So I'll just type out the last sentence I had down.

I guess if Burfict had apologized for trying to crack open Brown's noggin, you'd be forced to respect him by your own admission. 

If Burfict had said he didn't mean to injure AB?  It would have been better than silence which implies he DID mean to injure him.  Of course Burfict also has a history...a RECENT history...with after the play stuff that would cloud anything he does or says.

I would be "forced to respect him" but I'd feel better about him as a player and a human being.

Edit: I *did* find where Burfict issues an apology. To the cameraman he injured. After the team asked him to.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/11/6/9682050/bengals-want-vontaze-burfict-apology-for-hitting-cameraman

http://www.inquisitr.com/2549188/bengals-vontaze-burfict-apologizes-for-incident-with-cameraman/
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 10:13 AM)GMDino Wrote: If Burfict had said he didn't mean to injure AB?  It would have been better than silence which implies he DID mean to injure him.  Of course Burfict also has a history...a RECENT history...with after the play stuff that would cloud anything he does or says.

I would be "forced to respect him" but I'd feel better about him as a player and a human being.

Edit:  I *did* find where Burfict issues an apology.  To the cameraman he injured.  After the team asked him to.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/11/6/9682050/bengals-want-vontaze-burfict-apology-for-hitting-cameraman

http://www.inquisitr.com/2549188/bengals-vontaze-burfict-apologizes-for-incident-with-cameraman/

Good to know words make all the hurt in your world go away.

It's all besides the fact anyways. I've already said I don't condone his antics one way or another. At this point you're simply arguing with me for the sake of arguing.

I know you're gonna defend you boy right or wrong; Steelers fans have this uncanny knack for ignoring the bullshit their team does (it's why players who made a career out of head hunting are folk heroes to Steelers fans; STEELUHS FUUBAWL!!!). It just upsets me that a player like Amendola immediately gets labeled a dirty player for the hit he laid out on that Chiefs player while Shazier's hit (which was the exact same by the way) gets deemed clean by everyone because of the differences in uniform.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 10:49 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Good to know words make all the hurt in your world go away.

It's all besides the fact anyways. I've already said I don't condone his antics one way or another. At this point you're simply arguing with me for the sake of arguing.

I know you're gonna defend you boy right or wrong; Steelers fans have this uncanny knack for ignoring the bullshit their team does (it's why players who made a career out of head hunting are folk heroes to Steelers fans; STEELUHS FUUBAWL!!!). It just upsets me that a player like Amendola immediately gets labeled a dirty player for the hit he laid out on that Chiefs player while Shazier's hit (which was the exact same by the way) gets deemed clean by everyone because of the differences in uniform.

There is a big difference between defending a dirty hit and saying that it wasn't an intentional act and he should apologize for it.

But, conversely, you're going to hate the Steelers no matter what also. 

Quote:"why players who made a career out of head hunting are folk heroes to Steelers fans; STEELUHS FUUBAWL!!!"

Smirk
But you are right that the Shazier and Amendola hits were the same...neither player hit had protection under the rules as a defenseless player.  
Other than that one player had the ball and saw the hit coming...the other was hit without any chance to prepare for it.
Oh, and the Amendola hit should not have been flagged from what I have read.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote