Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting it off my chest
(01-20-2016, 10:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: There is a big difference between defending a dirty hit and saying that it wasn't an intentional act and he should apologize for it.

But, conversely, you're going to hate the Steelers no matter what also. 

Smirk
But you are right that the Shazier and Amendola hits were the same...neither player hit had protection under the rules as a defenseless player.  
Other than that one player had the ball and saw the hit coming...the other was hit without any chance to prepare for it.
Oh, and the Amendola hit should not have been flagged from what I have read.

I'll only hate the scum bags on that team, just as any team (including my own). I've yet to meet a Steelers fan who can say the same.

Read the rule book. Crown of the helmet and outside the tackle box - flag. Period. By the rule. The NFL is simple covering it's ass after the shenanigans on Wild Card weekend.

But then if you knew the rules, you'd have to acknowledge when a rule is broken, and that goes against the STEELUHS FUUBAWL mentality.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 11:05 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I'll only hate the scum bags on that team, just as any team (including my own). I've yet to meet a Steelers fan who can say the same.

Read the rule book. Crown of the helmet and outside the tackle box - flag. Period. By the rule. The NFL is simple covering it's ass after the shenanigans on Wild Card weekend.

But then if you knew the rules, you'd have to acknowledge when a rule is broken, and that goes against the STEELUHS FUUBAWL mentality.

Exactly.  Its just a giant conspiracy.  And everybody knows about it...that's what makes it so brilliant!

[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 11:14 AM)GMDino Wrote: Exactly.  Its just a giant conspiracy.  And everybody knows about it...that's what makes it so brilliant!

Ignoring the fact that at this point you're just trying to troll and proving everything I've said about Steelers fans applies to you as well (and I really didn't think it did), by the book it was an illegal hit.

Whether or not you can accept the reality of the matter is not my problem.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 10:49 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote:  I've already said I don't condone his antics one way or another.

One way or the other? What the **** is that supposed to mean? You either condone his antics or you don't.

You just like to hear yourself talk don't you?
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 01:34 PM)Vlad Wrote: Dur I'm gonna respond before I read the entire topic because I'm a water head herp derp

In simple terms for the simple boy - I don't condone his antics whether he apologizes for them or not.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
I think what Shazier meant to say was ... "I meant to hit you with the crown of my helmet and I knew it was illegal but I did it anyway because I knew I'd get away with it because I play for the Squealers. That having been said, I'm sorry that you got hurt."

Of course, to say all of that ... while using some words of more than one syllable ... would be too difficult for Shazier to say.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 10:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: But you are right that the Shazier and Amendola hits were the same...neither player hit had protection under the rules as a defenseless player.  
Other than that one player had the ball and saw the hit coming...the other was hit without any chance to prepare for it.
Oh, and the Amendola hit should not have been flagged from what I have read.

Clearly having issues with reading what forum this is still.....

Smack is elsewhere.

However let's help you with other failed reading.

http://www.wmur.com/sports/patriots/patriots-receiver-danny-amendola-fined-23k-for-blindside-block/37594286

Cause you know they like to fine guys for things that shouldn't be flagged. Dude, either get your shit together or be silent.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2016, 04:53 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Clearly having issues with reading what forum this is still.....

Smack is elsewhere.

However let's help you with other failed reading.

http://www.wmur.com/sports/patriots/patriots-receiver-danny-amendola-fined-23k-for-blindside-block/37594286

Cause you know they like to fine guys for things that shouldn't be flagged. Dude, either get your shit together or be silent.

K, I wasn't talking smack.  I was responding to the post in a respectful manner.

However despite your link the play should not have been flagged because he did not lead with his helmet and the player who was hit is not given "defenseless" status.  That is all.

The league fining someone for a nasty hit that could have injured someone isn't new.  And it doesn't mean what happened was a foul.  I wouldn't take BB's side in a fight for my life, but he's right that it is not illegal under the rules.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote