Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Law forbids recording data, of any kind, in Wyoming
Quote:The new law is of breathtaking scope. It makes it a crime to “collect resource data” from any “open land,” meaning any land outside of a city or town, whether it’s federal, state, or privately owned. The statute defines the word collect as any method to “preserve information in any form,” including taking a “photograph” so long as the person gathering that information intends to submit it to a federal or state agency. In other words, if you discover an environmental disaster in Wyoming, even one that poses an imminent threat to public health, you’re obliged, according to this law, to keep it to yourself.

Link to the Stink
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
(10-15-2015, 11:36 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: [/i]

Link to the Stink

Would never hold up under judicial review

Link to the Stink

I wouldn't take that to mean you couldn't report an environmental disaster or a crime. Collecting resource data is a little vague. I wouldn't expect it to hold up for long. If it prevents cataloging or collecting data on the environment, there's a dozen or so groups that will work to get it repealed. If it extends to things like photographs or other media, then it violates 1st amendment rights.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Link to the Stink

Obama banned all photos/video from the gulf oil spill.

http://oilspillsolutionsnow.org/?p=81
Unfortunately this is probably where things will be going. Which means we lose more freedoms.

Having a camera and recording device on you at all times will ruin us.

Everytime this topic comes up all I can think of is the black mirror episode white bear