Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghostbusters Reboot Trailer
....is absolutely awful.

Ghostbusters Reboot

Music is nice and updated and the ghosts look solid.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2016, 01:08 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: ....is absolutely awful.

Ghostbusters Reboot

Music is nice and updated and the ghosts look solid.

If the trailer sucks, how good can the movie be? 

All they have is better technology.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2016, 01:26 PM)McC Wrote: If the trailer sucks, how good can the movie be? 

All they have is better technology.  

Everything feels forced. 

You have one funny actress (Wiig) and a bunch of others shoehorned into other roles. There's no chemistry or connection with them.

I put the over/under on Melissa McCarthy falling down and it's supposed to be funny because she's fat moments at an even 10 right now. 
Reply/Quote
only thing i liked about that trailer are all the shots of Manhattan as it's one of my favorite cities to visit. I actually visited the hook and ladder used for the outside shots of the headquarters. It was right around the corner from my hotel in Tribecca.

I don't see myself going to the theater to watch this.
Reply/Quote
Tongue 
it was ok, but couldn't they have found somebody besides McCarthy? She's the new Adam Sandler. Was funny for a while, but we've seen everything she's got to offer.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ummmm.

So, exactly what was wrong with that trailer again?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2016, 09:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ummmm.

So, exactly what was wrong with that trailer again?

Bad acting.
Forced jokes.
No chemistry.
It looks like Scooby Doo Monsters Unleashed.
It wasn't funny.
Trying too hard to make the characters female versions of the originals instead of new characters. 
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2016, 10:09 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Bad acting.
Forced jokes.
No chemistry.
It looks like Scooby Doo Monsters Unleashed.
It wasn't funny.
Trying too hard to make the characters female versions of the originals instead of new characters. 

Yup. Hard pass.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Not interested.... what made the originals great isnt there....

This is a SONY money grab nothing more. and a horrible idea.

Ghostbusters the Video game will remain my 3rd and final movie. (all original cast voice acting and original writers Ramis,Aykroyd wrote the script)
Reply/Quote
is it me or instead of pulling out of the original headquarters garage (which they showed) they are pulling out of a Chinese restaurant garage? dafuq?
Reply/Quote
For some reason the trailer would never play for me.

But I will say this. From my own personal experience it is hard to judge a movie by the trailer. Most people just see what they want to se. If they are excited about the movie they like the trailer. If they are against it then they hate the trailer.

for example this trailer may be total trash, but I don't know how you could claim there is "no chemistry" between the actors based on a 60 second clip.

I am looking for another link that will play for me.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 03:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: For some reason the trailer would never play for me.

But I will say this.  From my own personal experience it is hard to judge a movie by the trailer.  Most people just see what they want to se.  If they are excited about the movie they like the trailer.  If they are against it then they hate the trailer.

for example this trailer may be total trash, but I don't know how you could claim there is "no chemistry" between the actors based on a 60 second clip.

I am looking for another link that will play for me.

Okay, I just watched the trailer and it looks like crap.

Not "bad" just nothing new.  And that is lame.
Reply/Quote
As an avid Ghostbusters fan, I gotta say, I liked it overall. I actually laughed a couple times. I didn't like the scene in the library (felt like plagiarism instead of an homage) and I didn't like the new weapons, but I'm cautiously optimistic this will be a decent movie, possibly better than GB2.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2016, 01:28 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Everything feels forced. 

You have one funny actress (Wiig) and a bunch of others shoehorned into other roles. There's no chemistry or connection with them.

I put the over/under on Melissa McCarthy falling down and it's supposed to be funny because she's fat moments at an even 10 right now. 

Kate McKinnon is pretty funny. Melissa McCarthy and Leslie Jones are one dimensional.
Bad trailer. The beginning is awkward (makes it look like a sequel at first and doesn't draw you in). The jokes we saw seemed forced. There was no chemistry.

This is a fan recut. It's much better

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2016/03/04/someone_recut_the_new_ghostbusters_trailer_and_made_it_so_so_much_better.html

I'd see this movie.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 07:30 PM)PhilHos Wrote: As an avid Ghostbusters fan, I gotta say, I liked it overall. I actually laughed a couple times. I didn't like the scene in the library (felt like plagiarism instead of an homage) and I didn't like the new weapons, but I'm cautiously optimistic this will be a decent movie, possibly better than GB2.

It seemed too actiony. Especially the brass knuckles weapon.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2016, 10:44 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Kate McKinnon is pretty funny. Melissa McCarthy and Leslie Jones are one dimensional.
Bad trailer. The beginning is awkward (makes it look like a sequel at first and doesn't draw you in). The jokes we saw seemed forced. There was no chemistry.

This is a fan recut. It's much better

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2016/03/04/someone_recut_the_new_ghostbusters_trailer_and_made_it_so_so_much_better.html

I'd see this movie.

The only way I will see it is if my cousin who is 8 wants me to take her to see it. 
McKinnon can be funny on SNL, but in this she looks flat and forced.
I cannot stand Melissa McCarthy. It's really an unreasonable hatred. 
Reply/Quote
Melissa McCarthy is awful and the black girl just seems like a stereotype
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2016, 11:04 PM)eoxyod Wrote: Melissa McCarthy is awful and the black girl just seems like a stereotype

I don't get why she's always yelling. Is that just her, a shrieking, wide-eyed angry black lady? That's all she seems to play.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2016, 11:40 PM)Benton Wrote: I don't get why she's always yelling. Is that just her, a shrieking, wide-eyed angry black lady? That's all she seems to play.

There are some people getting on her for her stereotypical portrayal of just that character. 

I never really thought there was any way they could even come close to the original.  Some hubris involved with even thinking they could.  The approach now is bury the audience in flash and maybe they won't miss what made the original so good.

And Bill Murray ain't walking in the door and whoever wrote it will never be Harold Ramis or Dan Aykroyd.  They were kinda doomed before they started.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2016, 02:17 AM)McC Wrote: There are some people getting on her for her stereotypical portrayal of just that character. 

I never really thought there was any way they could even come close to the original.  Some hubris involved with even thinking they could.  The approach now is bury the audience in flash and maybe they won't miss what made the original so good.

And Bill Murray ain't walking in the door and whoever wrote it will never be Harold Ramis or Dan Aykroyd.  They were kinda doomed before they started.

IMO, the biggest mistake was making this some weird reboot movie. Their best chance was to have this be a straight up sequel. Have the opening credits be a kind of cartoonified history of the 'busters since GB 2 (various ghosts caught, funny situations, Venkman dies but comes back as a ghost, etc) and then have the opening of the move be the original GBs fighting a couple of basic ghosts, but clearly are struggling and they talk of finally passing the mantle or they could be working alongside new recruits but there are issues with the new guys/gals. Right there's your jumping off point. The movie would be basically the new guys/gals figuring out how to work as a team or how to deal with cynics in today's technologically advanced society or a myriad of other possible story lines. All the while there's some evil villain demon or god-like being or whatever lurking, slowly making his move. All the comedy should come from the characters interactions, not from pratfalls or spouting trying-to-be-funny lines.

Heck, have the new movie basically stay as it is, but be set in the GB universe. Say that after Vigo, paranormal activity died down and the GB's moved on, except for Ray maybe moonlighting as a GB on the side and soon the GBs were completely forgotten. Now, a new threat emerges, and 3 female scientists stumble into the paranormal and then continue on with the story of the new GB.

I'm not even a professional writer (or Ghost Writer Mellow) and I've already come up with plausible ways of making this a full on sequel. 

The potential was there, but of course, someone probably wanted to do this their way. God, if this franchise dies because of this movie, I will be royally pissed. Friggin' Hollywood. :angry:
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote