Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Giants is a must win to save season
We are 3 -4 - 1 6 and 2 more than likely will be required 9 -6 - 1 will probably accomplish a wild card give wildcard to either Raiders or Broncos. Chiefs are the competition for the other spot they have 3 losses. They still have broncos twice and Raiders once. Bengals have had brutal first half with regards to schedule with losses to 4 teams in the top 5 of the power rankings with 3 on the road. Bengals tied a above average team on a neutral field. The giants game can be catalyst to salvaging the season to proceed with going on a run for another post season game and hopefully we finally win 1 because once we get there its about matchups. we avenge the steelers loss last year perhaps or defeat whoever comes out of the AFC south. Ending the playoff drought would be nice.
Reply/Quote
Fire up the 747.....this season is toast.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 01:38 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: We are 3 -4 - 1 6 and 2 more than likely will be required 9 -6 - 1 will probably accomplish a wild card give wildcard to either Raiders or Broncos. Chiefs are the competition for the other spot they have 3 losses. They still have broncos twice and Raiders once. Bengals have had brutal first half with regards to schedule with losses to 4 teams in the top 5 of the power rankings with 3 on the road. Bengals tied a above average team on a neutral field. The giants game can be catalyst to salvaging the season to proceed with going on a run for another post season game and hopefully we finally win 1 because once we get there its about matchups. we avenge the steelers loss last year perhaps or defeat whoever comes out of the AFC south. Ending the playoff drought would be nice.

Unfortunately it'll all be about the pass defense and getting pressure again .vs. the Giants.  

Got to have a plan for Beckham. Aside from him there's not a whole lot else..think they're last in rushing yards.

They're very middling on defense too so I can see us putting some points on them.

It's in New York though and I'm still feeling pessimistic about our pass D so we'll see
Reply/Quote
Unless our defense takes time this bye week to reflect on piss poor showings, Eli Manning will shred us.
Reply/Quote
Let me ask you this, how exactly do ties factor into the W-L column or percentage, for playoffs for example? Like hypothetically what if a team finished 9-5-2 ? Would they get in over a 10-5-1 team?
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 02:09 PM)740Bengal Wrote: Let me ask you this, how exactly do ties factor into the W-L column or percentage, for playoffs for example?  Like hypothetically what if a team finished 9-5-2 ?  Would they get in over a 10-5-1 team?

A tie counts as half a win. 9-5-2 would be the equivalent of 10-6.  10-5-1 would beat 9-5-2.
Reply/Quote
How many games in a row are going to be deemed "must win to save the season" before fans accept this season is done. We can't compete with the contenders and sneaking into the playoffs and losing in the first round will just keep Marv employed that much longer. I say use the rest of the season as practice, get some young guys like Fisher, Vigil and hopefully Jackson some experience.
Reply/Quote
Next three games are must wins really. Bills are ahead of us, and we need moral uplift by beating a winning Giants football team to propel that.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
No one knows what is a "must win" because no one knows how the Steelers and Ravens will finish out. Hell 8-10 could win the Division for all we know at this point.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 02:27 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: How many games in a row are going to be deemed "must win to save the season" before fans accept this season is done. 

It will take a couple more for me.

I have seen teams improve and turn their season around.  So you can't say it is "over" already.
Reply/Quote
Our tough schedule isn't really over.

Reply/Quote
There's no saving this season fellas.

This coaching staff has to be shown the door before we'll truly be competitive again. Oh we may do a dead cat bounce and actually look good some in 2nd half but don't let it fool ya. We're 3 or 4 rungs below the top teams in all aspects of the game, especially coaching.

Even if we do somehow back into a playoff berth (which I highly doubt) we'll just get embarrassed again by superior coaching.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 01:49 PM)Wyche Wrote: Fire up the 747.....this season is toast.

Unfortunately, I agree with you.  Most of the guys have probably started planning their January vacations.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 02:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you can't say it is "over" already.

I can and I will...

It's over...

c'est fini

Esso's su

Es's

Ele's sobre

Se's
Reply/Quote
Not really.

Ravens beat Steelers.

Puts Pittsburgh and Baltimore at 4-4. If we then sweep Baltimore, beat Pittsburgh and beat Cleveland, we're at 7 wins, which in the right scenario, could contend for the North.

If we win the RIGHT games, 8-7-1 could win the AFC North. Probably will take 9-6-1 at the worst, but stranger things have happened. Pittsburgh and Baltimore's schedules are NOT easy.
Reply/Quote
Here's the problem:

The defense isn't playing worth a crap. IF they were, this team would be 5-3 going into the bye week. Instead, the defense looks like they can't cover anyone. I don't know what has happened, there's no way this team should be this bad in the secondary. My only explaination is that there is some real truth to the "mutiny" against Coyle that was reported earlier this season and that they are playing a coverage scheme that isn't suited to their personnel.

Either way, they've got to get it fixed - and I'm not convinced it's a personnel issue.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 03:07 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Even if we do somehow back into a playoff berth (which I highly doubt) we'll just get embarrassed again by superior coaching.

Yeah, but we could start a new thing..... most consecutive 1st round playoff losses.... Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
It's not over until the fat lady sings !

But be warned

she has already sprayed her mouth wash and gargled. She is almost through tuning up for her grand finale shortly if a big turn around does not happen quickly.

Would say no way, even am starting to doubt it per our line play on both sides.

But Eiffert seemed to change the look a little and still clinging to hope for now.

What about our 1st round draft pick, the secondary sure could use a shot in the arm if he were to return.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 03:43 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Not really.

Ravens beat Steelers.

Puts Pittsburgh and Baltimore at 4-4.  If we then sweep Baltimore, beat Pittsburgh and beat Cleveland, we're at 7 wins, which in the right scenario, could contend for the North.

If we win the RIGHT games, 8-7-1 could win the AFC North.  Probably will take 9-6-1 at the worst, but stranger things have happened.  Pittsburgh and Baltimore's schedules are NOT easy.

Reply/Quote
We've said that about the Cowboys, then the Dolphins, then the Browns, then the Redskins, and now the Giants.

Every game is a must win from this point on. Denver has a tie breaker over us. Raiders have a 4-1 record in the conference. Chiefs also have 4 wins in the conference. Have a head to head game against both Texans and Bills, who are very much in the AFC playoff picture.

There's a ton of important games coming up. Season isn't over, but now every game is extremely important.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote