Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
G- Trai Turner
He's been on a steady decline for 4 years now and is more conducive to their system in Carolina.

I would much rather draft someone and groom them+control for 4 years and cheaper money or go after someone who is younger and better (Ie: Glasgow), than Turner.

If it's between Turner and John Miller, I keep Miller 10/10 times.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 01:35 PM)Au165 Wrote: One thing going for us right now is we will have no highly paid guys on the line outside Hopkins with Glenn's coming off the books. We have a window while Jonah is on his rookie deal to pay one high priced linemen as the Bengals have historically looked at total money invested in each unit as how they determine the pay. With only Hopkins getting paid, I think a high priced Guard and even a mid tier tackle could be doable pending if they go big at CB. You could essentially offer anyone a 3 year deal that is 10+ as our one "tackle" contract on the line (Guard or tackle) and then it would be up when Jonah needs extended. 

True.

I'm just pessimistic after seeing the news being reported (accurate or not) that the Bengals won't be going for the top-tier guys.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 01:35 PM)Au165 Wrote: One thing going for us right now is we will have no highly paid guys on the line outside Hopkins with Glenn's coming off the books. We have a window while Jonah is on his rookie deal to pay one high priced linemen as the Bengals have historically looked at total money invested in each unit as how they determine the pay. With only Hopkins getting paid, I think a high priced Guard and even a mid tier tackle could be doable pending if they go big at CB. You could essentially offer anyone a 3 year deal that is 10+ as our one "tackle" contract on the line (Guard or tackle) and then it would be up when Jonah needs extended. 

Love it, I truly think players like Turner, Glasgow and Fieler may be in the mix for us this FA for once.
Reply/Quote
He’s just been traded to LAC straight up for LT Russell Okung.
Reply/Quote
Trai Turner is being traded to the Chargers for LT Russell Okung

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 07:49 PM)Au165 Wrote: He’s just been traded to LAC straight up for LT Russell Okung.

(03-04-2020, 07:50 PM)pally Wrote: Trai Turner is being traded to the Chargers for LT Russell Okung

Damn another one bites the dust.

Glasgow or Fieler or one of the OT's please...
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 07:50 PM)pally Wrote: Trai Turner is being traded to the Chargers for LT Russell Okung

Not sure why Carolina would do that trade. Maybe there are some locker room issues with Turner.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 08:27 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Not sure why Carolina would do that trade. Maybe there are some locker room issues with Turner.

I wouldn't be surprised when this deal is final if it included draft picks.  Okung is 5 years older than Turner and is on the downside of his career

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 08:34 PM)pally Wrote: I wouldn't be surprised when this deal is final if it included draft picks.  Okung is 5 years older than Turner and is on the downside of his career

Perhaps they figure that they can kick Okung in to Turner's vacated RG spot, and use the cash saved toward replacing Keuchly or attracting one of the free agent QBs that are about to hit the market?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Lots of speculation right now on twitter that Carolina plans to tank this year for Lawrence.
Reply/Quote