Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gil Brandt- Mixon Will Have 1,000 Yards This Season
(06-26-2018, 03:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Let them keep underestimating us...... they’ll never give us credit until they absolutely have to since we’re such a small market, in the same division as the Ravens and Steelers, and were the joke of the NFL in the 90s.

They ignore the improvements because there’s no money in giving us the credit we deserve.

Yeah, we are always better when we are under the radar anyways.

Just another reason why i expect a big year from this team.
Reply/Quote
well as to this article...

Considering mixon had over 900 yards last year and split time.... And we improved the OL I think theres a good chance he can hit 1000 this season.

Not sure what the benchmark for a good RB season is anymore
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 05:16 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well as to this article...  

Considering mixon had over 900 yards last year and split time....   And we improved the OL I think theres a good chance he can hit 1000 this season.

Not sure what the benchmark for a good RB season is anymore

Used to be 1000 yards back in the day.

Now it is more like 1250 +

Depends on how many touches the main guy gets, sounds like Mixon is going to get a bunch.
Reply/Quote
That’s just over 60 yards per game. He should have confidence now and the line should be more stout. If the game plan is to establish the run early, he should top 1200 yards.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 05:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Used to be 1000 yards back in the day.

Depends on how many touches the main guy gets, sounds like Mixon is going to get a bunch.

Eh that's good as long as Gio gets his snaps.. I feel we underused Gio last year and he was the best back on the field.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 05:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Used to be 1000 yards back in the day.

Don't know about that since it's more of a passing league now.

Like I pointed out, last year there was only 9 rushers (10 if you count Elliot) that topped a thousand yards, but 2002 to 2012 had at least 15 players with over a thousand yards rushing, and 2006 even had 23, but it's been below 10 (or just over) since 2012.

There's also teams using multiple players in the backfield now, even if they're not getting a lot of carries.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 05:56 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Eh that's good as long as Gio gets his snaps.. I feel we underused Gio last year and he was the best back on the field.

Gio definately needs a lot of touches as well especially as a 3rd down back.

He can pick up the blitz well too, just like Mixon. That is what i like about these guys they have similar traits, both
have great hands, can run routes, are explosive and both can pick up the blitz. Would be nice to see both of them
on the field at the same time at times.

(06-26-2018, 06:07 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Don't know about that since it's more of a passing league now.

Like I pointed out, last year there was only 9 rushers (10 if you count Elliot) that topped a thousand yards, but 2002 to 2012 had at least 15 players with over a thousand yards rushing, and 2006 even had 23, but it's been below 10 (or just over) since 2012.

There's also teams using multiple players in the backfield now, even if they're not getting a lot of carries.

That is all true, nice post Brad.
Reply/Quote
I really don't understand where some of you get such high hopes for Mixon. Don't get me wrong. I really hope you're all right and he goes off. To me he just looked like another NFL running back and he got caught from behind last year several times by much bigger and I'd hope slower d-linemen when he had a hold to run through. Again, I hope you're all right but I think to much home town bias has some you wearing blinders.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 08:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He got 913 yds last year, behind an oline that played like blind nuns, and with having to share carries with 2 other running backs. He breaks 1000+ easily this year.... I put him at more like 1400....

Wtf you talking about bro?! My aunts a blind nun. You trying to say she is soft?
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 09:02 PM)Mer Wrote: I really don't understand where some of you get such high hopes for Mixon. Don't get me wrong. I really hope you're all right and he goes off. To me he just looked like another NFL running back and he got caught from behind last year several times by much bigger and I'd hope slower d-linemen when he had a hold to run through. Again, I hope you're all right but I think to much home town bias has some you wearing blinders.

People thought he was arguably the best RB in the draft last year. And the class was loaded. He fell for apparent reasons that were not talent related. 

He had almost 1000 yards as a rookie on a historically bad Bengals O. 

There is a shitload of room for improvement.

Im sure an offseason full of the country and potential employers watching you punch a chick on video and then sharing their opinion is a little draining.

You say he got caught from behind but now he is supposedly slimmer and trimmer and had an offseason a little less mentally trying than coming in as a rookie.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 09:02 PM)Mer Wrote: I really don't understand where some of you get such high hopes for Mixon. Don't get me wrong. I really hope you're all right and he goes off. To me he just looked like another NFL running back and he got caught from behind last year several times by much bigger and I'd hope slower d-linemen when he had a hold to run through. Again, I hope you're all right but I think to much home town bias has some you wearing blinders.
Watch this
Look at his vision and moves 

and tell me how you don't see anything special!

He's patient but hits a hole/opening fast as soon as he sees it/it opens and he has all kinds of moves to make guys miss, and not to mention that he has a bit of power sometimes and can break tackles.

He's the real deal!
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 09:25 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: People thought he was arguably the best RB in the draft last year. And the class was loaded. He fell for apparent reasons that were not talent related. 

Im sure an offseason full of the country and potential employers watching you punch a chick on video and then sharing their opinion is a little draining.

You say he got caught from behind but now he is supposedly slimmer and trimmer and had an offseason a little less mentally trying than coming in as a rookie.

I am rooting for him. I just know on this board as well as the old one that people tend to guzzle the Kool Aid too much at times.

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 10:00 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Watch this
Look at his vision and moves 

and tell me how you don't see anything special!

He's patient but hits a hole/opening fast as soon as he sees it/it opens and he has all kinds of moves to make guys miss, and not to mention that he has a bit of power sometimes and can break tackles.

He's the real deal!

Thanks for the video! I love Bengal's highlight films.

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 06:07 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Don't know about that since it's more of a passing league now.

1250+ yards from scrimmage... Running or receiving.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 09:25 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: People thought he was arguably the best RB in the draft last year. And the class was loaded. He fell for apparent reasons that were not talent related. 

I think he was trying to be Bell and it took awhile for him to remember, just be Joe Mixon. He was to patient on a few runs and he realized that, or maybe a coach told to hit the hole sooner.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2018, 10:24 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: 1250+ yards from scrimmage... Running or receiving.

I think he EASILY gets past that..............

I'd say at least 1,250 on the ground and 400 yards receiving (I originally was going to say 500 or 600 receiving but I think Gio will take some of those away).
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2018, 12:50 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I think he was trying to be Bell and it took awhile for him to remember, just be Joe Mixon. He was to patient on a few runs and he realized that, or maybe a coach told to hit the hole sooner.

What hole?

What are these hole thingies?

Didn't see many of them last year.

Should see some this year with the additions of Glenn and Price and most notably Pollack coaching these guys up.

We might be able to see that vision that Mixon shown in college that was said to be the best in like a decade.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2018, 01:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What hole?

What are these hole thingies?

Didn't see many of them last year.

Should see some this year with the additions of Glenn and Price and most notably Pollack coaching these guys up.

We might be able to see that vision that Mixon shown in college that was said to be the best in like a decade.

LoL, your right, what was I thinking!!  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2018, 07:22 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I don’t think he will get much over 1000 if he does. I think Lazor will be mixing it up somewhat like the Saints have done with 2 very good backs to rely on. Gio is more of the screen guy in our previous game plan, but what Lazor does with it this year is anyone’s guess. With that in mind, he should go well beyond 1000 in APY.

I think he will definitely be a key fantasy person because he won't have Hill vulture his TDs in goal line and I think he will get quite a bit more attempts in the passing game.  He will also have the benefit (yes, benefit) of having Gio spell him and help to keep him fresh.  He actually improved as the season wore on last year, which is rare for a rookie.   

I have high hopes for Gio, as he is my dark horse this year for the player that no one is talking about (at least not a lot) and ends up having a massive season.  A lot of attention is going to Mixon, but when Gio has been healthy, he has been very good.   It has been a long, long time since the Bengals had two backs that averaged over 4.2 ypc, but this could be the season.  (I'm drooling now).  And I don't see Lazor as the guy that will just run the ball on first down, 2nd and medium, 3rd and long (the dreaded draw), but will mix in the run at various points and especially use his ability to go no-huddle when the opposing defense sees Eifert and Kroft on the field with Ross and Green and lines up in nickel.  Just put one of those TEs on the line and pound the shit out of the tiny defensive players. Hewitt could excel here as well.  

Back to Mixon:  My biggest reason for optimism is the blocking scheme is going to be more what he was familiar with and he was already clocked as one of the fastest RBs hitting the LOS.  If there is a hole, he will pound it.  (That's what she said....Does that ever stop being funny?  It hasn't for me....)

Man, I can't wait for football, even though I usually suffer through training camps and preseason fearing injuries.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2018, 07:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think he will definitely be a key fantasy person because he won't have Hill vulture his TDs in goal line and I think he will get quite a bit more attempts in the passing game. 

I'd grab him for my fantasy team if he were available.  Maybe even in the first round.  I think he's going to put up solid numbers with Hill gone this year.  And as fred said, he should be playing in the second half with the lead most of the season, behind a better OL also.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote