Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gil Brandt ranks the "Super Bowl-less" teams
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000500272/article/cardinals-bengals-headline-teams-vying-for-first-super-bowl-title

He ranks the Bengals as having the 2nd best odds of winning it all (out of all the ring-less teams).

1) Arizona Cardinals
Last season, Carson Palmer was limited to just six games by a shoulder issue and torn ACL -- and the Cardinals still won 11, making the playoffs for the first time since 2009. With Palmer healthy and ready for 2015, the Cards have the best shot of the bunch to break into the winners' circle. Another factor working in Arizona's favor: the presence of Bruce Arians, who is so good, he might be one of the most underrated coaches in the league even after winning the Coach of the Year award for the second time in three seasons.

2) Cincinnati Bengals
The Bengals are probably the deepest of the teams on this list. Cincinnati's offense, led by receiver A.J. Green and back Jeremy Hill, will be boosted by healthy returns from Marvin Jones and Tyler Eifert, while former Bengal Michael Johnson rejoined the talented defense after a year in Tampa Bay. This squad features a lot of good, young players -- including quarterback Andy Dalton, who, yes, I think is capable of winning a playoff game, his 0-4 lifetime record notwithstanding. The AFC North is tough, but coach Marvin Lewis can get Cincinnati, which should be competitive for a while, over the postseason hump.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I guess this begs the question would we rather have Arizona's roster right now? Or our own? (Including coaches)
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 12:40 AM)EatonFan Wrote: I guess this begs the question would we rather have Arizona's roster right now?  Or our own? (Including coaches)

I'd trade rosters with them if we also get Arians for Marv.

I think Arians is one of the best coaches in the league.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 01:00 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'd trade rosters with them if we also get Arians for Marv.

I like Arians as well . But I wish we had CP. Would feel a lot better with him running Hue's offense.

But all things being equal I say we beat Arizona If we met. That would be an awesome super bowl match up.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 12:40 AM)EatonFan Wrote: I guess this begs the question would we rather have Arizona's roster right now?  Or our own? (Including coaches)

HC = AZ
QB = toss up depending on health, but Palmer has played well in both Hue and Arians' offenses
RB = Bengals by a country mile
WR = toss up?  AZ has more depth, CIN has AJ Green
TE = Bengals (there is a chance Gresham ends up in AZ, I bet)
DEF = AZ until we see what Geunthereurer does this year and what AZ does sans Todd Bowles

I'd trade the roster for AZ's if it meant replacing Marvin with Arians, but I'm biased.  Gio and Hill for Ellington and ???? seems like the most egregious drop by far, though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 03:05 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I like Arians as well .  But I wish we had CP.   Would feel a lot better with him running Hue's offense.  

But all things being equal I say we beat Arizona If we met.   That would be an awesome super bowl match up.

Bengals @ Cardinals Nov. 22, 2015

Though you might mean in the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 03:05 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I like Arians as well .  But I wish we had CP.   Would feel a lot better with him running Hue's offense.  

I'd take AD over CP and not because I think AD is a better QB. It's just that Palmer has an injury history and I would never feel comfortable that he's going to make it through the season.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 12:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: HC = AZ
QB = toss up depending on health, but Palmer has played well in both Hue and Arians' offenses
DEF = AZ until we see what Geunthereurer does this year and what AZ does sans Todd Bowles

I'd trade the roster for AZ's if it meant replacing Marvin with Arians, but I'm biased.  Gio and Hill for Ellington and ???? seems like the most egregious drop by far, though.

David Johnson there backup RB will be a star this season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 12:20 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000500272/article/cardinals-bengals-headline-teams-vying-for-first-super-bowl-title

He ranks the Bengals as having the 2nd best odds of winning it all (out of all the ring-less teams).

1) Arizona Cardinals
Last season, Carson Palmer was limited to just six games by a shoulder issue and torn ACL -- and the Cardinals still won 11, making the playoffs for the first time since 2009. With Palmer healthy and ready for 2015, the Cards have the best shot of the bunch to break into the winners' circle. Another factor working in Arizona's favor: the presence of Bruce Arians, who is so good, he might be one of the most underrated coaches in the league even after winning the Coach of the Year award for the second time in three seasons.

2) Cincinnati Bengals
The Bengals are probably the deepest of the teams on this list. Cincinnati's offense, led by receiver A.J. Green and back Jeremy Hill, will be boosted by healthy returns from Marvin Jones and Tyler Eifert, while former Bengal Michael Johnson rejoined the talented defense after a year in Tampa Bay. This squad features a lot of good, young players -- including quarterback Andy Dalton, who, yes, I think is capable of winning a playoff game, his 0-4 lifetime record notwithstanding. The AFC North is tough, but coach Marvin Lewis can get Cincinnati, which should be competitive for a while, over the postseason hump.

It's funny, but last year I predicted a dark horse Super Bowl of Arizona vs Cincinnati and both teams ended up with major injuries.

With that in mind, I'm predicting a Colts/Steelers/Ravens vs Seattle/Green Bay Super Bowl. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 12:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: HC = AZ

I'd take our roster with their coaches, if we could do that...give me youth and health

(07-10-2015, 12:26 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'd take AD over CP and not because I think AD is a better QB. It's just that Palmer has an injury history and I would never feel comfortable that he's going to make it through the season.

Palmer has played 9, 15, 16, 6 games since leaving Cincinnati. 
Health is a legit concern and when it comes at the position of QB...it's weighted heavier than other spots
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 01:06 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I'd take our roster with their coaches, if we could do that...give me youth and health

Palmer has played 9, 15, 16, 6 games since leaving Cincinnati. 
Health is a legit concern and when it comes at the position of QB...it's weighted heavier than other spots

The 9 wasn't because of injury, and while his 08 and 14 campaigns were injury-riddled that's not too absurd for a guy who's been a starting QB for 10 years.  His left ACL tore because the cadaver ACL put in there in 2006 didn't have an unlimited shelf life.  Being insecure about his health at this point is valid, but it's interesting to note that he is much further along with his rehab than Sam Bradford who is younger and suffered the same injury much earlier in the year.

All the younger QBs the Cardinals have had recently that weren't old guys like Palmer and Werner got injured in no time, though.

Anywho, I feel like analysts are more likely to rely on Palmer's left ACL than Marvin Lewis' brain.
Reply/Quote
I can agree that  "on paper" we have a very good chance to win it all among the winless teams.

But when you add in all the if's I'm not so sure.

Can this team ever translate what we, in theory have, to success on the field (under ML) ???
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 01:00 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'd trade rosters with them if we also get Arians for Marv.

if you would change rosters and coaches why wouldnt you just root for the cardinals.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 02:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if you would change rosters and coaches why wouldnt you just root for the cardinals.

That's lame and stupid.

Most fans loyalty lies with the team, not players or coaches. 
He [Shake] is a BENGALS fan. Not a Marvin fan, not a Dalton fan....a Bengals fan.

When those guys leave, Shake will still be a Bengals fan. And probably not think twice about them unless we play them. 
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 02:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if you would change rosters and coaches why wouldnt you just root for the cardinals.

So you would not trade rosters and coaches with ANY other team in the league?   Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 02:08 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: So you would not trade rosters and coaches with ANY other team in the league?   Mellow

Maybe he means in the case where you'd swap an entire team, coaches and all.  
Reply/Quote

But all things being equal I say we beat Arizona If we met.   That would be an awesome super bowl match up.

As much as I though that he went out like a punk, I'd have liked to have seen what he could have done with AJ Green myself.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Tough one, but yes, I probably would. I would suggest we also have their practice facilities thrown in as a kicker  Ninja  Tongue
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2015, 02:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe he means in the case where you'd swap an entire team, coaches and all.  

As long as they wear the Orange and Black...

Aaron Rodgers in stripes with McCarthy at the helm? Yes please. 
Reply/Quote
Only thing I'd swap with Arizona is the weather.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote