Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gilberry "Tosses" DeShaun Watson from Tuscaloosa Bar
Apparently Wallace and a current Bama player made Watson leave a local Tuscaloosa establishment Friday evening. Kind of a douche move imo. See for yourself.
http://www.independentmail.com/story/sports/2017/04/01/deshaun-watson-told-leave-tuscaloosa-bar/99903578/
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2017, 03:46 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Apparently Wallace and a current Bama player made Watson leave a local Tuscaloosa establishment Friday evening.  Kind of a douche move imo.  See for yourself.
http://www.independentmail.com/story/sports/2017/04/01/deshaun-watson-told-leave-tuscaloosa-bar/99903578/

Well, compared to a certain cornerback... the Bengals will probably honor him with a Gilberry day at the stadium.

More like dingle berry imho..
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
I thought Gilberry has been in the league for at least 3 years? Played for us, went to Pitt for a year then cane back to the Bengals. Am I thinking of someone else?
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2017, 04:12 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I thought Gilberry has been in the league for at least 3 years? Played for us, went to Pitt for a year then cane back to the Bengals. Am I thinking of someone else?

Gilberry is entering his 10th year in the NFL, and had hist first stint with the Bengals 2012-2015.  Spent part the 2016 season in Detroit and was released mid-season.  Bengals signed Gilberry in November and was inked to a one year extension Thursday.
Reply/Quote
These grown men should be ashamed of themselves.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2017, 04:43 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Gilberry is entering his 10th year in the NFL, and had hist first stint with the Bengals 2012-2015.  Spent part the 2016 season in Detroit and was released mid-season.  Bengals signed Gilberry in November and was inked to a one year extension Thursday.

He's earned his signing bonus!

In the big scheme of things who the hell cares, but as the OP said, what a douche thing to do.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2017, 05:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: These grown men should be ashamed of themselves.

Absolutely agree! This is just the right environment & locker room for a troubled young player to stay out of trouble & on the right path.

What great veteran leadership we have in Cincy and it starts at the top. So proud of the Bengals. They're undoubtedly headed for great success in year 14 of the regime.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2017, 03:46 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Apparently Wallace and a current Bama player made Watson leave a local Tuscaloosa establishment Friday evening.  Kind of a douche move imo.  See for yourself.

Ahhhhhhhhh  Hilarious

Watson not showing a lot of brains by showing up there. Not a good start to fitting in on an NFL team.

Reply/Quote

*Explicit language duh

Reply/Quote
Gilberry doesn't like quarterbacks..
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2017, 07:49 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Gilberry doesn't like quarterbacks..

He is a D lineman, so whats the problem?
[Image: forumpic2.jpg]
When I die, I will get to shake Mr. Paul Browns hand and hear him say "Damn, you never stopped believing, did you?"
Reply/Quote
Watson needed to think twice before strutting into a bar so obviously an Alabama watering hole. Shades of strutting into a biker club house wearing the kutt of a rival.
Reply/Quote
This reminds me of when myself and Wyche's Warrior tossed RavensFan82 (from the Ravens message board) out of a Zaxbys in Hoboken, New Jersey. No cell phone video exists of the incident.

RavensFan82 came in flamboyantly strutting his Ravens wares and we were having no part of it.
Reply/Quote
So Wallace made a player from a rival school leave a bar that Alabama players apparently frequent?

And there were no arrests or physical altercations?

There are plenty of legit gripes with this team, but this wouldn't qualify, IMO.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
This should make things interesting if Cleveland picks him now.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2017, 10:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So Wallace made a player from a rival school leave a bar that Alabama players apparently frequent?

There are plenty of legit gripes with this team, but this wouldn't qualify, IMO.

Its small potatoes, but still makes Gilberry look classless. If I were a player on the back 9 of my career, I'd be doing everything I could not to make waves. Keep a low profile Gilberry, you aren't a stud, at this point you are barely a depth contributor.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2017, 11:04 PM)TKUHL Wrote: This should make things interesting if Cleveland picks him now.

The bad part about this would be that Gilberry would still be here for it to matter. If Gilberry is on this roster during the regular season, something has gone terribly wrong.
Reply/Quote
Dude didn't really even touch him. Then again, I think we're all used to Gilberry not wrapping up the QB.

Gilberry just seems like that 32 year old that still hangs out with college guys and thinks he's cool
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2017, 10:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So Wallace made a player from a rival school leave a bar that Alabama players apparently frequent?

Clemson and Bama aren't really Rivals. They don't even play in the same conference. 

There were no arrests or physical altercations because Watson took the high road

Of course this is no reason to gripe about the team. It's gripping about a 32 year old man acting like he's still a child in school.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2017, 11:12 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Dude didn't really even touch him. Then again, I think we're all used to Gilberry not wrapping up the QB.

Gilberry just seems like that 32 year old that still hangs out with college guys and thinks he's cool
I though we resigned him? If not and he is still a FA it was nice for the media to point out that he's a Bengal.
Reply/Quote