Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gilberry "Tosses" DeShaun Watson from Tuscaloosa Bar
Think he was just protecting his job.

Because obviously good guys like Whit, Zeitler, Peko, Nelson, Jones, Sanu, and Burkhead are not welcome.

Dalton and AJ better turn into Bonnie and Clyde or they will be next.

I kid, I kid folks, put the pitchforks and torches away please. Am too old to run.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 11:12 AM)grampahol Wrote: Yes, the bed where the TV is mounted on the wall at the foot of the bed. 
Strange..you must be the only other Bengals fan in the state. Beautiful morning today in South Carolina, eh? I'm just outside of Elgin which is technically just a traffic light with a post office and a few restaurants.

Got a good Army buddy from Elgin area. He grew up with Fisher DeBerry's soon. Used always get free tickets to USAF games when we were stationed in Colorado Springs. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 01:19 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. Clemson just beat Alabama in the championship. Regardless of whether you consider them "rivals", I'm sure they aren't fond of each other right now. Point stands.

2. Speculation. Neither of us were there, and you don't know how Wallace would've reacted if Watson would've stayed. Does he have a long history of violence?

3. Wallace is employed by the Bengals, so of course it's about the team. He represents the Bengals with all off field actions. Fortunately, this isn't a big deal though. For a team that unapologetically employs and defends a player like Pacman Jones, and looks at players like Joe Mixon, Wallace Gilberry asking some dude to leave a bar seems like it should rank around 534th on a list of "worst transgressions" by Bengals players over the last decade+.

Let's be real...if the guy they asked to leave was you or I instead of a star college QB and top prospect, we wouldn't even know about this. Was it dooshy? You bet. A lot of professional athletes are dooshy off the field. Wake me when they arrest Gilberry.

Just on the Mixon point, I read that he was 17 when it happened, it was four years ago, and he's had no other incidents, so I'm willing to give him a second chance if all those points are true.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 03:56 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Just on the Mixon point, I read that he was 17 when it happened, it was four years ago, and he's had no other incidents, so I'm willing to give him a second chance if all those points are true.

Agreed. I was just using Mixon for a point. The Bengals bring in players with checkered pasts all the time. We've had more than our fair share of arrests. So I just don't see this as a huge deal. It's not like he punched a bartender or some girl. It was immature and kinda dooshy, but no laws were broken.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2017, 11:07 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: Its small potatoes, but still makes Gilberry look classless. If I were a player on the back 9 of my career, I'd be doing everything I could not to make waves. Keep a low profile Gilberry, you aren't a stud, at this point you are barely a depth contributor.

No it doesn't make anyone look classless...

All it does it show how people will jump on the littlest thing that has nothing to do with anything.

Is he in trouble... No
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2017, 11:07 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: Its small potatoes, but still makes Gilberry look classless. If I were a player on the back 9 of my career, I'd be doing everything I could not to make waves. Keep a low profile Gilberry, you aren't a stud, at this point you are barely a depth contributor.

In fact, I think it's the showing the opposite of what you think about Gilberry.

Watson hanging out at a bar that has a heavy Crimson Tide volume is not a smart move on his part. Had he stayed, it would've ended in a fight and a potential loss of draft position for Watson. The 2 players telling him to leave, prevented this and possible save the idiot millions of dollars as well.

This is one of those scenes where common sense should've kicked in.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2017, 11:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Clemson and Bama aren't really Rivals. They don't even play in the same conference. 

There were no arrests or physical altercations because Watson took the high road

Of course this is no reason to gripe about the team. It's gripping about a 32 year old man acting like he's still a child in school.

Swapping National Championships 2 years in a row can make fans bitter of the other team.

Was there no arrests of physical altercations because Watson was asked to leave by a couple of players from the other team in a bar that their team/fans frequent? Had he stayed, there very well could have been. Alcohol can make stupid people brave.

I don't see Gilberry as acting like he's still a child in school, just hanging out with some friends and alumni.
Reply/Quote
Gilberry very likely won't be on the roster come the start of the season unless an injury occurs. He's simply insurance. I fully expect the Bengals draft 1-2 DEs, Gilberry will be cut, and this will be a non-issue from a Bengals perspective.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote