Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Gio > Mixon ?
(11-01-2020, 11:57 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Gio and Mixon. Belicheat called one of them the best running back in the game right now. Guess which?

[Image: c5cea973f5efc10b0e2682aced771fb0.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Perhaps a bad thread trying to pit the two against each other.

My opinion is that it needs to be a 50/50 split.... OR Mixon needs to be used like Gio going forward.

Mixon being used like he has is a waste of talent and money IMO... Gio in 2 games has shown much more.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 11:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: [Image: c5cea973f5efc10b0e2682aced771fb0.jpg]

How's the Patriots doing this year without the GOAT?
Reply/Quote
No Mixon is better and I don't think it's that close to be honest. Gio is probably the best #2 back in the league though or in top at least.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 11:59 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Perhaps a bad thread trying to pit the two against each other.

My opinion is that it needs to be a 50/50 split.... OR Mixon needs to be used like Gio going forward.

Mixon being used like he has is a waste of talent and money IMO... Gio in 2 games has shown much more.

I wouldn't say 50/50 but Gio has been underutilized by this staff. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:00 AM)J24 Wrote: No Mixon is better and I don't think it's that close to be honest. Gio is probably the best #2 back in the league though or in top at least.

Umm...he’s not even the best #2 in the division. That would be Hunt.

Reply/Quote
I love having Gio on the team and this is in now way meant to slight him, but did you all forget how long it took Gio to get back to form after taking that shot from Pittsburgh?
Reply/Quote
Burrow is leading us into a direction where we need players like Gio more than a bell cow like Mixon.

We either need to use Mixon like Gio or try our best to get rid of that contract.

That money can be used elsewhere and we all know it.
Reply/Quote
They both need to play. They both have their roles. I’d like to see them rotate series, with a bit of mix and match for specific scenarios. I believe we’ve even seen some plays with both of them on the field at the same time, this year.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:07 AM)QueenCity Wrote: Burrow is leading us into a direction where we need players like Gio more than a bell cow like Mixon.

We either need to use Mixon like Gio or try our best to get rid of that contract.

One of our 2 wins was because of Joe Mixon. 181 yds 3 TD.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:25 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: One of our 2 wins was because of Joe Mixon. 181 yds 3 TD.

To play devils advocate.. the Jags are dog sh**.

Plus Gio should have 2 wins if you count the BS against the Browns last week
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:28 AM)QueenCity Wrote: To play devils advocate.. the Jags are dog sh**.

The Titans defense isn’t good either. And Gio wouldn’t have been the main reason for the win had we beat the Browns. Burrow had 406 yds and 4 TD.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:01 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Umm...he’s not even the best #2 in the division. That would be Hunt.

Well hes top 5  or top 10 then. Any ways he is a pretty damn good back up RB that was the point of the post.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:07 AM)QueenCity Wrote: Burrow is leading us into a direction where we need players like Gio more than a bell cow like Mixon.

What "we" could use more of is better run blocking. Mixon will hurt a defense more and more often with just a little better blocking, than Gio will. Mixon can do it for longer too. 

Gio needs to be used more but he doesn't need to replace Mixon. Mixon is a top 5-7 talent with just a little bit of blocking. 

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:28 AM)QueenCity Wrote: To play devils advocate.. the Jags are dog sh**.

He's carried 28 times for 99 yards (3.5ypc) with 1 TD the last two weeks. Add in 8 catches for 75 yards and 2 more TDs and that's still less than Mixon did in one game against dog sh**. The Titans D could easily be considered dog sh** as well. 

Reply/Quote
In todays nfl you need both. Do I think we overpaid? Hell yes!!! You dont pay rbs big money. But they do need 2 solid rbs
Reply/Quote
Mixon is quite capable of having a game like Cook did in Green Bay today. I think he’s right around the same level.

Reply/Quote
Use Mixon like we did Ickey.
Use 'Stash like we did James Brooks.
Use Perine like we did Stanley Wilson minus the dope.

Keep improving the Oline and make them all better.
Reply/Quote
Mixon is the better RB but his running style can complicate the playbook. I would rather have a Nick Chubb type that is more versatile - using Mixon almost hurts our ability to incorporate other players on the team on offense.
Reply/Quote
This isn't a QB controversy. We have both, we play both. Been that way and can stay that way. RBs have a way of getting injured/falling off. Keep those tires rotated.
Reply/Quote