Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Gio > Mixon ?
Gio blocks better and has better vision. I would take Gio if I had to pick.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 12:02 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I love having Gio on the team and this is in now way meant to slight him, but did you all forget how long it took Gio to get back to form after taking that shot from Pittsburgh?

Which shot are you talking about? 2015?

(11-02-2020, 12:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Titans defense isn’t good either. And Gio wouldn’t have been the main reason for the win had we beat the Browns. Burrow had 406 yds and 4 TD.

Worth noting that Burrow's 2 best QB Rating games of the year have come in Gio starts.

Maybe Burrow is able to get that 406 yds and 4 TD because he is getting a little extra time and a highly competent blitz pickup to preserve his pocket and give him longer to throw.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Maybe not such a hot take as I thought.... some people have agreed.

Ideally we use both but so far we run 1 into the ground and never use the other.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 11:40 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Gio

Keeps the defense honest are we running or passing?

Better blocker

However can't run 25-30 times a game

Mixon

Elite runner with a competent O-Line   (which we don't have)

Not a good blocker

Rarely used like Gio

Thoughts?  Was Mixon an overpay?  I say yes personally but would love to see other thoughts

Gio is not a better runner that is for sure, but against teams that blitz all the time Gio should be used more until Mixon gets 
better at picking it up. What is nice about Mixon is he is young and can get better in this department. Honestly against the 
Steelers in a couple weeks I would use Gio more cause they will blitz like crazy just like the Ravens did.
Reply/Quote