Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gio, Ross & Lawson out for Miami
(10-04-2018, 04:59 PM)thillan Wrote: Dang, no Ross really hurts. Hoping Lawson can play.

Lol. Drugs are bad
Reply/Quote
All the more reason for Erickson to ball out.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 05:19 PM)JumboTron Wrote: [Image: ryan-confused.gif]

(10-04-2018, 07:51 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Lol.   Drugs are bad

I mean, he did just score a TD in our last game.

To OP: Does this mean we see Rawls as our lead back?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I give Ross credit for doing his job on Sunday. Two targets, two catches including a touchdown. That's progress.

But I don't buy that he's affecting defenses at this point. Nobody is adjusting coverage for Ross at this stage. He played fewer snaps than Erickson on Sunday.

Not saying that Ross doesn't have the potential to be a disrupter, but right now a decent game from Erikson, Malone, or Core could easily replace his output.

It's a much bigger deal that Eifert is out. Kroft and Uzomah will need to step up.
Reply/Quote
That sucks. I hope we’re getting all our injuries out of the way early this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Gio being hurt hurts

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 09:59 PM)Roland Wrote: I give Ross credit for doing his job on Sunday.  Two targets, two catches including a touchdown.  That's progress.

But I don't buy that he's affecting defenses at this point.  Nobody is adjusting coverage for Ross at this stage.  He played fewer snaps than Erickson on Sunday.  

Not saying that Ross doesn't have the potential to be a disrupter, but right now a decent game from Erikson, Malone, or Core could easily replace his output.

It's a much bigger deal that Eifert is out.   Kroft and Uzomah will need to step up.

I wouldn't say I strongly disagree with ya, but the threat of Ross deep trumps anything Erickson, Malone or Core could bring to the table. If Ross runs a fly route or a deep post, safeties have to respect that, because he can beat guys. 

The numbers thus far aren't great, but I feel good having a WR3 with Ross' potential. Both for the home-run play and his growth as a player. Physically, the guy is special, and no other WR (sans Green) can say that...as much as some wish otherwise. Now if he can just get his head on straight, we could potentially have the best WR trio in team history.

Ross has that ability to be an x-factor type of player. The type of guy that Chris Henry almost looked like for a minute.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Ross's mere speed and ability to kick it into.2nd gear is enough to make DC take notice.
some guys are fast then there are some that are blazing fast.thats Ross.
Im.disappointed Malone hasnt done more this year.
if Tate does something productive Sunday that isnt good for Malone.
Reply/Quote
The Offense has many weapons, it's the D that concerns the most, good thing that the B is back.
Reply/Quote
Think Gio will be missed more so than Ross.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 12:49 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Think Gio will be missed more so than Ross.

Count me in with this as well.  While I do agree that the home threat helps things....let us not forget that Ross was not on the field when we marched it down and scored with 16 seconds left.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Erickson/Malone can get it done on the field as a #3, plus the tight ends. Ross is not a big a hit as losing AJ would be. Mixon will be back as well, so we can pound the ball....
Reply/Quote
Why discuss hypotheticals on injuries? Today is a key day for players being confirmed out all across the league.

I saw nothing definitive yet on anyone other than Price out.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
It really only takes either Malone or Core to speed by someone for 1 long reception to make up for Ross not being out there .. I'm not saying either will, but it is possible  .. Heck, perhaps the human sloth will go screeching past defenders for the long reception, but I kind of doubt he'll suddenly become faster for just 1 game .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
so if Mixon can't go, who's our starting (and backup) RBs? Lol, fun for Andy.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 10:01 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Why discuss hypotheticals on injuries? Today is a key day for players being confirmed out all across the league.

I saw nothing definitive yet on anyone other than Price out.

Because this is the home of speculation where anyone can make wild guesses and accusations, where even the worst player on the team can suddenly become the  greatest Bengal of all time for a day and the opposite is true where really good players can be bums and we can demand that Mikey trade them for a  pack of gum...?
Why, if not for hypotheticals we'd have nothing to discuss, just a bunch of guys sitting here staring at each other... duh..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
If Boyd stays on his tear, I think we will be fine. Does he even have any drops so far?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 12:09 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: If Boyd stays on his tear, I think we will be fine. Does he even have any drops so far?

Well, he will now. Way to go jinxy!

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 12:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, he will now. Way to go jinxy!

Don't worry, I'm going to be there for this one.  I have been to 5 games, and they've never lost.  Ooops, did I just jinx again?   Ninja
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
as long as grampa goes fishing we will win
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote