Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gio, Ross & Lawson out for Miami
(10-04-2018, 06:19 PM)Whacked Wrote: ^ Agreed on Kroft. He is Eifert Jr IMO.  No Eifert but TBH, gets it done nicely.

Uzi is better than Kroft is the passing game. I think Uzi is the most underrated player on this team. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 12:49 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Think Gio will be missed more so than Ross.

Of course he will. Gio touches the ball a lot more than Ross, even with Mixon around. This doesn't mean Ross stretching the field or being a playmaking threat won't be missed. I think some people (not you) don't understand what made this offense great through 4 games. It wasn't just the play calling of Lazor or the improved blocking/run game.

It was also the sheer amount of threats we had for defenses to account for. As always, AJ Green. Boyd has emerged to say the least (leads team in catches and yards with a healthy AJ Green!). Ross has a pair of TDs and has flashed his potential. Teams have to account for that speed. Eifert was being handled carefully, but made big plays when he was in. That's not even getting to Mixon and Gio and how the run game is averaging 4.5 YPC (thanks, Lazor and Pollack).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 12:38 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Uzi is better than Kroft is the passing game. I think Uzi is the most underrated player on this team. 

Uzi is more athletic IMO, but Kroft has been the more productive player when called upon. Kroft had 7 TD's last year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Questionable might just be the most useless phrase in professional sports. Every time I read it I think "no shit!'
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 01:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Uzi is more athletic IMO, but Kroft has been the more productive player when called upon. Kroft had 7 TD's last year.

Neither was invited to the combine, but based on their Pro Day workouts Kroft is more athletic while Uzo was bigger.

Both are 6'5" but Uzo (264) was 17 lbs heavier than Kroft (247)

Their 40 times were almost identical (Uzo 4.63, Kroft 4.67)

Kroft was just slightly better at the broad jump (120" to 118"), vertical (34" to 31"), and 3-cone (7.12 to 7.22).

Only big difference was in short shuttle (Kroft 4.20, Uzo 4.57)
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 01:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Neither was invited to the combine, but based on their Pro Day workouts Kroft is more athletic while Uzo was bigger.

Both are 6'5" but Uzo (264) was 17 lbs heavier than Kroft (247)

Their 40 times were almost identical (Uzo 4.63, Kroft 4.67)

Kroft was just slightly better at the broad jump (120" to 118"), vertical (34" to 31"), and 3-cone (7.12 to 7.22).

Only big difference was in short shuttle (Kroft 4.20, Uzo 4.57)

Interesting. Seems like Uzi gets more chunk plays though.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 05:23 PM)thillan Wrote: Lol, just wait. Xavien Howard is no joke at corner, and he's gonna be on Green. With no Ross, windows are gonna get smaller for our receivers because we won't have a burner to space the field as much. 

So, back to our old game plan then: Green has to beat his man, which is always possible with the beast he is. Will just be a bit more difficult now.

This is the debate:  Do you move Boyd outside and play Erickson in the slot, or do you keep Boyd in the slot and go with a combination of Core and Malone at X?

I am hoping for the latter.  I think Boyd will eat early and often and Mixon will also likely be a big part of the passing attack.  I hope someone like Uzomah or Kroft has a huge game to give putzburgh something else to worry about.  
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 05:31 PM)thillan Wrote: I will say, the Dolphins seem REALLY beat up. Not to the extent that Atlanta is, but we are definitely in a healthier position than they are at this point, even with the Eifert injury. So things might be going downhill for them.. just not sure at this point. Hard team to read.

And they are traveling a second consecutive week.  Miami is notorious for being able to "hang around" and win a lot of close games in the fourth quarter.  I hope the Bengals can start fast and force the Dolphins to throw with a hungry pass rush coming after them.  
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 01:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Uzi is more athletic IMO, but Kroft has been the more productive player when called upon. Kroft had 7 TD's last year.

IMO TDs are a poor metric for performance. 
Reply/Quote
Crap I didnt realize we drafted Kroft in the 3rd round...
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 05:03 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: IMO TDs are a poor metric for performance. 

Care expanding on that a little bit? I'm just a bit surprised to hear it is all. I'll take any guy on my team who has a nose for the end zone.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 05:10 PM)thillan Wrote: Care expanding on that a little bit? I'm just a bit surprised to hear it is all. I'll take any guy on my team who has a nose for the end zone.

Player A can have 300 yards rushing, 100 yards receiving, and 0 TDs during a game. 

Player B can have 20 yards rushing, 10 yards receiving and 3 TDs during a game. 

Who, in your opinion, had the better game? 

What if player A had a 95 yard rush that went all the way down to the five yard line, got tired and had to be spelled, while his backup came in and rushed for 5 yards and picked up the TD? Who had the better series and who was more productive to get the actual touchdown? I would say player A. 

In fantasy football, touchdowns are important. In real life, I would rather have the guy that's racking up yards and has a high YPC or YPR. The touchdowns will come, its who made up the majority of the yards to get that touchdown is what im interested in. 
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 04:46 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: And they are traveling a second consecutive week.  Miami is notorious for being able to "hang around" and win a lot of close games in the fourth quarter.  I hope the Bengals can start fast and force the Dolphins to throw with a hungry pass rush coming after them.  

Dalton has a knack for 4th qtr comebacks it seems as well...

Hopefully we don't have to worry about as we cruise to a 54-9 win....

With Dalton throwing a NFL Record 8 TDs
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 05:18 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Player A can have 300 yards rushing, 100 yards receiving, and 0 TDs during a game. 

What if player A had a 95 yard rush that went all the way down to the five yard line, got tired and had to be spelled, while his backup came in and rushed for 5 yards and picked up the TD? Who had the better series and who was more productive to get the actual touchdown? I would say player A. 

In fantasy football, touchdowns are important. In real life, I would rather have the guy that's racking up yards and has a high YPC or YPR. The touchdowns will come, its who made up the majority of the yards to get that touchdown is what im interested in. 

idk.... idk  All them yards are nice but if they don't end in points for the team they don't help
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 05:18 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Player A can have 300 yards rushing, 100 yards receiving, and 0 TDs during a game. 

Interesting. I don't entirely disagree with you, I just think football is more complex than just that. I try to dive further than the stats.

For example, I think a guy like LeGarrette Blount is similar to the Player B mold, but he's carved out a nice role for himself in the NFL. Dude can come in and get you an extremely important 3rd and short, 4th and short, or goal line run. If you didn't have him, things aren't as simple (depending on the rest of the roster). 

Kinda similar to what Buck Allen is doing for the Ravens this season.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 05:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: idk.... idk  All them yards are nice but if they don't end in points for the team they don't help

(10-05-2018, 05:26 PM)thillan Wrote: Interesting. I don't entirely disagree with you, I just think football is more complex than just that. I try to dive further than the stats.

For example, I think a guy like LeGarrette Blount is similar to the Player B mold, but he's carved out a nice role for himself in the NFL. Dude can come in and get you an extremely important 3rd and short, 4th and short, or goal line run. If you didn't have him, things aren't as simple (depending on the rest of the roster). 

Kinda similar to what Buck Allen is doing for the Ravens this season.

I dont think TDs are unimportant, I would just look at other metrics when evaluating players, thats all. 
Reply/Quote
So is Lawson out or not
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 05:03 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: IMO TDs are a poor metric for performance. 

(10-05-2018, 05:31 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I dont think TDs are unimportant, I would just look at other metrics when evaluating players, thats all. 

Your last post I can agree with. I do put some weight on TDs though. I mean, look at how we viewed Tyler Eifert. His best year he only had 615 yards. It was the 13 TDs in 13 games that had everyone excited. Red zone ability counts for something, and we've had struggles with that in the past (particularly the 2016 season). 

Even if you don't look at TD's, Kroft had decent numbers last year (42 catches and 404 yards). People may look at those numbers and shrug, but Uzomah has 43 catches for 404 yards (3 TDs) in his entire 4 year career, including this season.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2018, 06:51 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: So is Lawson out or not

No.

Eifert, Price, Ross and Bernard are the only guys ruled out so far.
Reply/Quote
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/10/5/17943070/dolphins-bengals-injury-report-john-ross-giovani-bernard-cameron-wake

So a guy who had 2 full practices in a week (including the one closest to the game, even if it IS a walkthrough), are going to sit?

Please.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote