Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gio gets an extension
Bengals and Gio agree to a 3 year extension worth $15.5m.

Thoughts?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/06/08/giovani-bernard-contract-extension-cincinnati/85610336/
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Per PFT Bengals and bernard are close to a 3 yr 15.5 million extension. Deal will include an additional 6 mil for this season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 04:19 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Bengals and Gio agree to a 3 year extension worth $15.5m.

Thoughts?

Provide a link Ninja
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 04:22 PM)TGISunday Wrote: Provide a link Ninja

There
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Awesome. Keeping Gio is huge for us.

It also means that we can start focusing on Zeitler's extension.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 04:19 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Bengals and Gio agree to a 3 year extension worth $15.5m.

Thoughts?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/06/08/giovani-bernard-contract-extension-cincinnati/85610336/

Pretty amazing. A year ago people were wondering if he would get traded after the year Hill had in 2014. Aren't we glad he didn't?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nice. Good for Gio.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Best news of the entire offseason in my opinion. I have had nightmares of Gio running wild in a different uniform. I don't want to see that.. ever.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 04:30 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Best news of the entire offseason in my opinion. I have had nightmares of Gio running wild in a different uniform. I don't want to see that.. ever.

Amen to that  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
You have to feel really good about this. Quality guy and a very good player.
Reply/Quote
I like it, keep them coming.
:)
Reply/Quote
Love it; Hope we get Hill done to!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
he's still young and 3 more years only puts him at 28. Its a good deal for both team and player.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Damn good deal to get him for the rest of his prime RB years. Glad they got that done.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Gio ..get yourself a nice newer used van.

Reply/Quote
Nice! Keep a quality player and at a good price, so we still have the money to work on Big Z.
Reply/Quote

Thoughts?

Very happy about this.  Well deserved.
Reply/Quote
PFT says he's being paid like a top 10 back. The average salary is a little high, IMO, but I'd rather Gio make 5-6 million per than lose him. He's definitely been a key offensive player for us. So even though I think it's a little high, I'm still happy with the news. An extra 1-2 million isn't a huge problem.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Three year "extension" means we now have him locked up for four more years, correct?
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 06:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Three year "extension" means we now have him locked up for four more years, correct?

correct.

Guy's like Gio make me proud to be a Bengals fan and Im so glad we locked this kid up.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote