Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gio on Pollack (with commentary)
“Seeing Frank in the meeting room, you knew once he stepped up there it was a change,” Bernard said. Completely opposite ends of the spectrum with Paul. “That’s not a good thing (it sure as hell IS a good thing) or a bad thing, it’s just a different feel. You can understand that they want to change the mentality of the offensive line as well as the running backs." How could that NOT be a good thing?

“He’s just the opposite of Paul,” Thank GOD!!!!! Bernard said. “A little bit more vocal. I’m not saying that Paul was never vocal. (Pollack) is just a more in-your-face kind of guy. Whether that’s a good thing or bad thing, it doesn’t really matter. It’s just a different type of feel.”

The Nati just got nastier, and I don't think it's just with Pollack. Teryl Austin strikes me as being more in the mold of Mike Zimmer. More on this when I finish my full eval of the draft, UDFAs, and the off-season in general.

WHO DEY!!
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think we could have replaced the previous staff with duct taped gerbils who smelled like shit and they would have improved things? That’s how bad the staff sucked imo.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 11:12 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think we could have replaced the previous staff with duct taped gerbils who smelled like shit and they would have improved things? That’s how bad the staff sucked imo.

Richard Gere could explain the smell, but how do you explain the duct tape? 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 11:03 PM)Shady Wrote: “Seeing Frank in the meeting room, you knew once he stepped up there it was a change,” Bernard said. Completely opposite ends of the spectrum with Paul. “That’s not a good thing (it sure as hell IS a good thing) or a bad thing, it’s just a different feel. You can understand that they want to change the mentality of the offensive line as well as the running backs." How could that NOT be a good thing?

“He’s just the opposite of Paul,” Thank GOD!!!!! Bernard said. “A little bit more vocal. I’m not saying that Paul was never vocal. (Pollack) is just a more in-your-face kind of guy. Whether that’s a good thing or bad thing, it doesn’t really matter. It’s just a different type of feel.”

The Nati just got nastier, and I don't think it's just with Pollack. Teryl Austin strikes me as being more in the mold of Mike Zimmer. More on this when I finish my full eval of the draft, UDFAs, and the off-season in general.

WHO DEY!!

Music to my ears

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Does he think by repeatedly say “it’s not a good thing or a bad thing”, everybody’s not going to know what he really means? We know.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 11:51 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Does he think by repeatedly say “it’s not a good thing or a bad thing”, everybody’s not going to know what he really means? We know.

And who says diplomacy is dead ? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 11:51 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Does he think by repeatedly say “it’s not a good thing or a bad thing”, everybody’s not going to know what he really means? We know.

Everybody knows except Paul. Gio just doesn’t want to hurt his feelings. Mighty nice of him to spare dumbo’s feelings
Reply/Quote
Quote:(Pollack) is just a more in-your-face kind of guy.

I LOVE THAT!

Bring emotion and intensity to this team! Have them line-up with a purpose and a desire to get the job done! We've needed that since Marvin got here, and we'll especially need it on a line that's not filled with All-Pro players!
Reply/Quote
In your face methodology doesn't win you superbowls... unfortunately. But it sure is fun to watch those getting chewed. Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2018, 01:28 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: In your face methodology doesn't win you superbowls... unfortunately.  But it sure is fun to watch those getting chewed. Big Grin

I think it varies. The more the coach oversees, the more reserved I think they should be. Absolutely no problem with a position coach (especially an Oline coach) getting pissed off.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2018, 11:15 PM)Shady Wrote: Richard Gere could explain the smell, but how do you explain the duct tape? 

It's so they can't claw ur innards. Duh!
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2018, 03:33 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: It's so they can't claw ur innards. Duh!

and/or some kind of bondage. 

BTW: this topic could only arise from a conversation involving Paul Alexander. Now, what are you going to do with that image in your brain? 
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2018, 03:40 AM)Shady Wrote: and/or some kind of bondage. 

BTW: this topic could only arise from a conversation involving Paul Alexander. Now, what are you going to do with that image in your brain? 

Stab an ice pick in my ear and fill my head with bleach til it goes away.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2018, 04:18 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: Stab an ice pick in my ear and fill my head with bleach til it goes away.

[Image: Bleach.jpg]

Reply/Quote

Actually you don't know.

There is more to coaching than screaming and squealing.  That is why Buddy Ryan sucked as a head coach while soft spoken Tony Dungy was one of the greatest of all time.

I think in high school and college a grown man screaming at a boy might be effective, but when grown men start yelling at other grown men there has to be something to respect behind that yelling or else the man getting yelled at will not respond. And if a grown man respects another mans knowledge then that other man does not have to scream at him to teach him. 

Obviously I am not saying that all screaming coaches suck, but I think way too many fans put way too much weight on how loud a coach can scream or pitch a fit.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2018, 12:07 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Everybody knows except Paul. Gio just doesn’t want to hurt his feelings. Mighty nice of him to spare dumbo’s feelings

According to all of you guys Alexander is working for a better franchise now.

So why the hell would he care about what a Bengal has to say?
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2018, 09:28 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually you don't know.

There is more to coaching than screaming and squealing.  That is why Buddy Ryan sucked as a head coach while soft spoken Tony Dungy was one of the greatest of all time.

I think in high school and college a grown man screaming at a boy might be effective, but when grown men start yelling at other grown men there has to be something to respect behind that yelling or else the man getting yelled at will not respond. And if a grown man respects another mans knowledge then that other man does not have to scream at him to teach him. 

Obviously I am not saying that all screaming coaches suck, but I think way too many fans put way too much weight on how loud a coach can scream or pitch a fit.

You can say "grown men" all you want but ... and this is, of course, a big but ... most of these guys are in their early-to-mid-20's.

If you're, say 45, you can probably remember your early-to-mid-20's well enough to know that you weren't a grown man at that age. You thought you were but if you're honest with yourself, you'd admit that you were very immature.

Hell, I'm almost 70 and I know I certainly was immature way back then. My wife would say I'm immature now, tho, so who knows.
Reply/Quote
Our running game has been in the bottom 1/3 of the league for most of the last several years and yes we haven't had Walter Payton or Barry Sanders in their prime, but, our RB's overall have been decent and should have been putting up better numbers than they have.

A lot of the reason why and of this I have little doubt was PA ! Fan in Kettering posted a thread with like 3 games left last season talking about how our blocking technique/scheme had changed and I was skeptical but he was spot on and it showed ! Lazor had taken over.

I'm excited a bit for the season, I'm just cautious because I know Mike and Merv are still running the show.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2018, 09:42 AM)PV Bengal Wrote: You can say "grown men" all you want but ... and this is, of course, a big but ... most of these guys are in their early-to-mid-20's.

If you're, say 45, you can probably remember your early-to-mid-20's well enough to know that you weren't a grown man at that age. You thought you were but if you're honest with yourself, you'd admit that you were very immature.

Hell, I'm almost 70 and I know I certainly was immature way back then. My wife would say I'm immature now, tho, so who knows.

at 20 your still a man and these guys in the nfl are sure as hell grown
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2018, 10:35 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: at 20 your still a man and these guys in the nfl are sure as hell grown

Yeah, Jeremy Hill melting down on the sideline after his fumble reminded me of one word.... mature..... NOT!!! Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote