Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giovani Bernard
Giovani Bernard needs more reps. Just sayin'. That 61 yard touchdown run after catch was sick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It was a reception but I hear ya. He is the best back on the team with that craphole of a line.

I made a thread saying to start Mixon while back. Meh Ill take that back as Gio should be the starter because he is better in the passing game, period.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Agreed. Hill fumbled, let's not forget that! Sad Hill is running hard, I think, because they're trying to get Mixon to steal his job.

Bernard needs more touches for sure. In open space after he makes the first man miss, watch out.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I agree, but... If they threw that particular pass to any of our RBs I think they all would have scored. All Gio had to do was run a straight line to the endzone
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 08:03 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Bernard needs more touches for sure. In open space after he makes the first man miss, watch out.

Bingo. Why is it we are the only ones (rarely the coaches do) that recognize Gio in space is smart but Gio up the gut isn’t the dumbest play calling ever. Why do we continue to use him as a BIG BACK who can pound the rock. Good grief! Morons.

Play into his strengths. He is w/o a doubt a potent weapon when utilized appropriately.
Reply/Quote
I said in another thread:

Gio should be starter and get bigger share of work.

Mixon should be spell back and get 2nd biggest share.

Hill should be 3rd string or traded for an O-lineman.
Reply/Quote
I would prefer Mixion but Bernard should be getting his touches as well. Honestly it's hard to evulate Mixion, Hill, and Him because of the offensive line.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Hill fumbles and Gio gets the next carry then they go right back to Hill not really holding people accountable doing that. They should of made Hill sit out a drive. A rookie Ross fumbles and he does not get a touch the rest of the game. Just don't understand the reasoning behind some of these decisions the coach is making.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 08:40 PM)Whacked Wrote: Bingo. Why is it we are the only ones (rarely the coaches do) that recognize Gio in space is smart but Gio up the gut isn’t the dumbest play calling ever. Why do we continue to use him as a BIG BACK who can pound the rock. Good grief! Morons.

Play into his strengths. He is w/o a doubt a potent weapon when utilized appropriately.

[Image: strategery.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 09:41 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Hill fumbles and Gio gets the next carry then they go right back to Hill not really holding people accountable doing that. They should of made Hill sit out a drive. A rookie Ross fumbles and he does not get a touch the rest of the game. Just don't understand the reasoning behind some of these decisions the coach is making.

I still don't believe Ross is actually hurt. They're holding him out for some other reason 
Reply/Quote
I'd stick with the hot hand and that's clearly Gio.

This line can't block worth a ______ though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 11:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'd stick with the hot hand and that's clearly Gio.

I might not have updated numbers, but I think right now with Hill in, they are running at nearly 58% of the time. 
It isn't all on the OL when the defense doesn't have to respect the pass simply by the players on the field regardless of formation. 

It's the little things like that, that keep us a JV franchise. 
Reply/Quote
Nothing not to like about Gio but doubt he can last a whole season getting the lions share of the load.

But with our horrid OL a scat back like Gio is going to give us the best chance.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 07:57 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Giovani Bernard needs more reps.  Just sayin'.  That 61 yard touchdown run after catch was sick.

Gio should be in the backfield WITH Mixon.  If Gio heads one way for an outlet pass, there will surely be attention drawn his way...should help open up the middle for Mixon.  Plus, Gio can motion in to the slot.  He is an much bigger threat in space than Lafell. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 11:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'd stick with the hot hand and that's clearly Gio.

Am I the only one that has noticed that Hill seems to get much bigger holes than Mixon?  Of course, he doesn't do much with them, but I see openings that Mixon doesn't get.  

Just once, I would like to see this oline fire directly off the ball and hit the guy in front of him instead of this stupid slide and no cutback scheme.  
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 08:03 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Agreed. Hill fumbled, let's not forget that! Sad Hill is running hard, I think, because they're trying to get Mixon to steal his job.

Bernard needs more touches for sure. In open space after he makes the first man miss, watch out.

I'd argue the fumble is another reason why he should barely see the field. He's had fumbling problems in the past. His "hard running" still isn't better than Gio is playing and Mixon is the future. Hill can rot on the bench for the rest of the year. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Gio is looking very good. And part of the reason why is that he is not getting too many carries. Leave his role exactly what it is.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Can we all just recognize for a moment that Bodine should have been flagged on that play? I mean he grabbed a DB's face mask away from the play basically clothes lining him for no reason while Gio was in front of him. I screamed as it happened as I thought it was coming back for sure.

Not to get off topic, but this just reminded me of that moment.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 08:44 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I'd argue the fumble is another reason why he should barely see the field. He's had fumbling problems in the past. His "hard running" still isn't better than Gio is playing and Mixon is the future. Hill can rot on the bench for the rest of the year. 

It would be cool if the Vikings traded us a pick for Hill with Cook injured with an ACL injury.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 10:04 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I still don't believe Ross is actually hurt. They're holding him out for some other reason 

The best weapon is kept secret. Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote