Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give the new regime a chance
So far everyone is being really negative on the team. I feel we have the best WR in football on our team right now A QB who with the right guidance is better than Goff. A RB who might peak next year to become all pro. A pro bowl caliber number 2 WR A top 10 Defensive line with a mediocre secondary. With a new coach who by default will be better on gameday than what we had by a mile . its not all doom and gloom.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 09:24 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: So far everyone is being really negative on the team. I feel we have the best WR in football on our team right now A QB who with the right guidance is better than Goff. A RB who might peak next year to become all pro. A pro bowl caliber number 2 WR A top 10 Defensive line with a mediocre secondary. With a new coach who by default will be better on gameday than what we had by a mile . its not all doom and gloom.
Be prepared to be repeatedly told how wrong you are.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I think the upcoming draft will be a make or break point for many fans. The Bengals front office has to hit at least a couple home runs to restore the faith in what seems to be a mundane franchise.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Taylor said how good our offense started the season and did very well until injuries started piling up last year. I think these guys could be licking their chops at the potential with our current roster, and just have confidence that they will better coach up the players and revamp strength and conditioning to try and prevent more injuries. Our offense did start pretty hot last season, even with the likes of Hart blocking. So obviously the potential is there. I think these guys feel like they will get the most out of it. I hope they do.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 09:24 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: So far everyone is being really negative on the team. I feel we have the best WR in football on our team right now A QB who with the right guidance is better than Goff. A RB who might peak next year to become all pro. A pro bowl caliber number 2 WR A top 10 Defensive line with a mediocre secondary. With a new coach who by default will be better on gameday than what we had by a mile . its not all doom and gloom.

While I agree with you, the one problem is the oline has not been improved yet.  You win and lose in the trenches.  We'll see how it all works out moving forward.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

I love AJ Green, but no one outside of this message board is going to call him the best WR in football. Top 5 is a stretch at his age, with his durability issues.

Goff is awful. That McVay was able to get what he did from him last year speaks more to McVay than to Goff. 

Mixon is knocking on that door. Stud. Best RB of his draft. I posted that in a couple of game threads and people threw glass jars at me.

Top 10 DL is gonna be another no from me, dawg.

Mediocre is an acceptable descriptor of our defensive backfield.

But you conveniently leave out perhaps the most crucial unit of any American Football team - the OL. It's dreadful. And we are giving it increases in pay to congratulate it for being bad. 

You also fail to mention the LB corp, which is also abysmal. This unit has Hardy Nickerson Jr in the 2 deep. Yokozuna Burfict is the linchpin. Our big FA singing Preston Brown has the athletic ability of a pineapple. 

I do like Zac Taylor and watching him develop as a coach and change this franchise from the sidelines is my only source of excitement. I know we're going to find the next John Ross equivalent at #11, so I'd already pre-angry about that. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Our Oline wasn't the train wreck it was 2 seasons ago either. LB's were garbage I'm hoping for LB's in the draft and 1 decent guard
Reply/Quote
The problem with this assessment is that we don't have a new regime because the guy that is calling the shots Duke has been calling them for the last decade. If we want to win we have to stop wasting money on guys Like Hart and Brown.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

I hope we are great. But, AJ Green not playing 4 to 6 games a year and aging, nope not close to #1 receiver in football. I agree Boyd is a solid number 2. In the off season I look at addition minus subtractions via FA and draft. We are a 6-10 team in our division. Are we the same, better or worse roster wise. I don't know, it is way too early to tell. The same for others, but early on the Steelers lost their AJ Green (Is best WR in football) and Ravens lost 4 starting defensive players.

The Browns were better than us in 2018 and are making a huge push to improve on both sides of the ball. They are definitely head and shoulders above the rest as of now in the off season. Our one intangible is injuries. We had a ton of key injuries in 2018 so how much was talent, how much was injuries and how much was coaching? Time will tell.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
We're only a couple of days into free agency, and we still have the draft coming up, so I'm not jumping ship just yet. But where it stands now, the team has not gotten better on paper. The coaching staff is a complete unknown factor at this point, so all we have to go off of is the roster - which is mostly unchanged from last season. If anything, it's gotten worse since we lost Kroft.

That's the only question I'm asking right now. What have they done to get better? As of today, not much.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 09:41 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I love AJ Green, but no one outside of this message board is going to call him the best WR in football. Top 5 is a stretch at his age, with his durability issues.

Goff is awful. That McVay was able to get what he did from him last year speaks more to McVay than to Goff. 

Mixon is knocking on that door. Stud. Best RB of his draft. I posted that in a couple of game threads and people threw glass jars at me.

Top 10 DL is gonna be another no from me, dawg.

Mediocre is an acceptable descriptor of our defensive backfield.

But you conveniently leave out perhaps the most crucial unit of any American Football team - the OL. It's dreadful. And we are giving it increases in pay to congratulate it for being bad. 

You also fail to mention the LB corp, which is also abysmal. This unit has Hardy Nickerson Jr in the 2 deep. Yokozuna Burfict is the linchpin. Our big FA singing Preston Brown has the athletic ability of a pineapple. 

I do like Zac Taylor and watching him develop as a coach and change this franchise from the sidelines is my only source of excitement. I know we're going to find the next John Ross equivalent at #11, so I'd already pre-angry about that. 

And they're most likely not resigning dennard. So they're taking away a decent to good piece away from an already bad D. And kept the o-line in tact. I am still giving them a chance to prove me wrong, but we're still capable of drawing similarities from how they've done business before and how they are now. I'm not "doom and gloom", but I can't help but notice how they've approached the personal side of thing this year vs previous years.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
I'm giving them a chance, but so far they aren't making it very easy to do so. I think it's fair to have some reservations based upon a logical analysis of the history of the new guys and how the recent aspects of the off season have gone thus far.

Nothing wrong with that.
Reply/Quote

The problem is we are coming from 3 straight losing seasons. The team core is aging. The changes so far is the coaching staff. OL, LB and the defense have still lots of issues that need fixing. Injuries happen, but our back ups are none to back up anybody to be able to win.
Reply/Quote
They’ve literally done nothing since announcing Taylor as HC that has me excited.

And no, AJ is not the best WR in the league. Most would argue he’s not even the best in the division.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 10:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They’ve literally done nothing since announcing Taylor as HC that has me excited.

And no, AJ is not the best WR in the league. Most would argue he’s not even the best in the division.

With AB gone, who would you put over him now?  

EDIT:  Oops!  Forgot about OBJ.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 10:23 AM)Wyche Wrote: With AB gone, who would you put over him now?  

EDIT:  Oops!  Forgot about OBJ.

Some might also argue Jarvis Landry. I wouldn't, but a compelling case can be made. He was exceptional last year, is still young and has been very durable. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote

Negativity is the norm on here, but not as bad on here as the Troll Station Jungle Noise that use to be on Bengals.com. That was just people from other teams coming on to make fun of our Bengals. That site died a much needed death. So this site is indeed much less negative than the old one. At least people come on here happy about a Win.  On the old site, nobody posted after a win. The Trolls only posted insults after a loss. 

As for giving the new coaches a chance, I agree.  People batched and moaned about Marvin every year he was here, and I'm positive a couple just didn't like his color. OK, so now they have a new coach and staff, and many are complaining the second they are hired without one game being played.  That is indeed excessive nonsense and they have nothing to back up their complaints over.  For all they know this may end up being the Bengals best coaching staff ever.  They don't know and they wouldn't know.  Again, these coaches haven't coached one second of one game yet, so complaints about new coaches would just be ignorant at this point. 

Today is March 13th and at 4 PM Free Agency starts.  I say let the new coaches bring in some new players that they feel fit their coaching scheme. Considering Bengals have been around last the last 3 seasons, I think the players deserve as much blame as the fired coaches.  Some new players on this team very much in order. Free Agency and The Draft should send some last place players packing and pounding the pavement elsewhere. Some Marvin System Players won't fit in now, square pegs in round holes. 

So I Welcome the new coaches, Free Agency and The Draft and the Rebuild this last place team is making.  Just as team rebuilt in 2011 and went to 5 straight play-off seasons, with 2015 looking great until Dalton injured, now it is time to rebuild for the Roaring 20's. The 2019 Rebuild should start setting the path for success from 2020 to 2029.  Restore The Roar in the Roaring 20's. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 10:09 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm giving them a chance, but so far they aren't making it very easy to do so.  I think it's fair to have some reservations based upon a logical analysis of the history of the new guys and how the recent aspects of the off season have gone thus far.

Nothing wrong with that.

Well said.

Reply/Quote
re: The draft - Everyone cites the draft as the way to improve the team...and it can be.

But, EVERY TEAM in the NFL drafts and thinks they are going to improve their roster via the draft. And we have the smallest scouting staff in the NFL. It's far from a given that we're pull 1 or 2 starters that make us a lot better.

Take Price for instance. He was one of the worst, if not the worst starting Center in the league last year.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 10:28 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Some might also argue Jarvis Landry. I wouldn't, but a compelling case can be made. He was exceptional last year, is still young and has been very durable. 

Good point....I like Landry.  Chain mover.  He got me some wins even on the Dolphins in FF a couple years back.

Reply/Quote