Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Given recent events, do you see the US trending this way ?
Is "the fear" changing the political landscape ?
Will the US follow the recent trends ?
If so, does Trump win ?

http://news.yahoo.com/marine-le-pen-her-niece-set-lead-far-111250372.html
Two things:
1.The cross eyed chick is still hot.
2.Unfortunately, fear does change the landscape. That's, in part, how Hitler rose to power — by painting a picture of fear that Jews were eating up the middle class and that foreign powers were preventing Germany from being the power it was. Which sounds pretty much like Trumps platform (coincidentally, I just finished getting a round of hate mail for an editorial comparing the appeals of Trump to Hitler).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-07-2015, 01:16 AM)Benton Wrote: Two things:
1.The cross eyed chick is still hot.
2.Unfortunately, fear does change the landscape. That's, in part, how Hitler rose to power — by painting a picture of fear that Jews were eating up the middle class and that foreign powers were preventing Germany from being the power it was. Which sounds pretty much like Trumps platform (coincidentally, I just finished getting a round of hate mail for an editorial comparing the appeals of Trump to Hitler).

Hotness helps sell the platform. 

Is the editorial anything you can share ?
Would love to see it.
Trump is un-electable....I've talked to more than a few that despise Hillary but would vote for her over Trump. I'd go with a write-in, not sure who.
The only way trump gets the nomination is if progressives want to make sure they win.   Hillary is basically a neocon.

National Front is winning because the people are Tired of the nonsense. Same reason UKIP moves the needle in England. And why the Polands moved right.

The equal to this would be if a tea party candidate won. Ted Cruz looks like the best bet at this point. And that doesn't mean tea party is the same as national front in policy.... But they are grass roots movements taking hold.
(12-07-2015, 02:05 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Trump is un-electable....I've talked to more than a few that despise Hillary but would vote for her over Trump.  I'd go with a write-in, not sure who.

(12-07-2015, 02:15 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The only way trump gets the nomination is if progressives want to make sure they win.   Hillary is basically a neocon.

National Front is winning because the people are Tired of the nonsense.   Same reason UKIP moves the needle in England.   And why the Polands moved right.  

The equal to this would be if a tea party candidate won.   Ted Cruz looks like the best bet at this point.    And that doesn't mean tea party is the same as national front in policy.... But they are grass roots movements taking hold.

I can't get behind anyone.
I'm sick of the system.

At this point, I'm willing to just give it to Ralph Nader for his tenacity.
(12-07-2015, 10:08 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I can't get behind anyone.
I'm sick of the system.

At this point, I'm willing to just give it to Ralph Nader for his tenacity.

Dear lord .... Nader lol

Would love Rand but not looking great.... The only one close to rand is Cruz. At least he will give back power to the congress that they have given away for 100 years.
(12-07-2015, 10:14 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Dear lord .... Nader lol

Would love Rand but not looking great.... The only one close to rand is Cruz.   At least he will give back power to the congress that they have given away for 100 years.

And what leads you to believe this? That's a serious question, no trap.
(12-08-2015, 12:37 AM)Benton Wrote: And what leads you to believe this? That's a serious question, no trap.

I have been paying attention to him since he won his senate race.   I think there is only 2 candidates who would give up powers that the executive has slowly been given .  Those 2 candidates are Rand and Cruz.   Obviously I am more convinced of Rand on this but I think Cruz will do as well.  Maybe not go as far as Rand would but he will go far enough.

The only people I trust to do the right thing in the senate is Rand, Cruz and Mike Lee.
(12-08-2015, 01:03 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I have been paying attention to him since he won his senate race.   I think there is only 2 candidates who would give up powers that the executive has slowly been given .  Those 2 candidates are Rand and Cruz.   Obviously I am more convinced of Rand on this but I think Cruz will do as well.  Maybe not go as far as Rand would but he will go far enough.

The only people I trust to do the right thing in the senate is Rand, Cruz and Mike Lee.

So it's just opinion through observation?
(12-08-2015, 01:03 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I have been paying attention to him since he won his senate race.   I think there is only 2 candidates who would give up powers that the executive has slowly been given .  Those 2 candidates are Rand and Cruz.   Obviously I am more convinced of Rand on this but I think Cruz will do as well.  Maybe not go as far as Rand would but he will go far enough.

Paying attention to what?

What have you observed specifically that makes you think he will give up executive powers once he is the executive?  Is it the respect he shows to other branches of government like the Supreme Court?
(12-08-2015, 02:27 AM)Benton Wrote: So it's just opinion through observation?

Lol. he has been asked about this topic numerous times and has been consistent in his answers.

Whether you believe it or not isn't my concern . Feel free to take the lazy approach of just discounting anything I type because blowhards here don't like hearing a blunt conservative voice.
(12-08-2015, 03:16 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lol.  he has been asked about this topic numerous times and has been consistent in his answers.  

Whether you believe it or not isn't my concern .  Feel free to take the lazy approach of just discounting anything I type because blowhards here don't like hearing a blunt conservative voice.

LOL
It's not about you, it's about Cruz. And I've seen nothing to make me think he would do anything different than the last several presidents and continue to abuse the power of the office. He doesn't like the Constitution when it goes against him (gun control/first amendment comparisons, freedom of religion comments). He doesn't like the Supreme Court (wants to get rid of judges he doesn't like).

So, what's he in favor of? The inept Congress he's a part of?
(12-08-2015, 03:36 PM)Benton Wrote: LOL
It's not about you, it's about Cruz. And I've seen nothing to make me think he would do anything different than the last several presidents and continue to abuse the power of the office. He doesn't like the Constitution when it goes against him (gun control/first amendment comparisons, freedom of religion comments). He doesn't like the Supreme Court (wants to get rid of judges he doesn't like).

So, what's he in favor of? The inept Congress he's a part of?

He addresses this in his blaze hour long interview. If I can find it somewhere I will post it. It won't let me post the actual blaze video here ... So I can't show you that unless you are a subscriber. Which something tells me you are not. Lol
(12-08-2015, 03:45 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He addresses this in his blaze hour long interview.   If I can find it somewhere  I will post it.   It won't let me post the actual blaze video here ... So I can't show you that unless you are a subscriber.   Which something tells me you are not. Lol

Is this the one?
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
(12-09-2015, 07:12 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote:

Is this the one?

I will need to watch it to make sure. I will try and watch it this evening.
Yes it is trending this way.