Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Go a head and flame me.
(01-03-2016, 08:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Sam Wyche was winless in the playoffs as well when he went 12-4

So was Forest Gregg as well I believe

Neither made the playoffs before those seasons.

Both won their first 2 playoff games.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Did you edit the post title and still get it wrong?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 08:21 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: you can have your past stats.. and I can have mine.. bottom line we hare in position to do it.. 12-4 and at home

Marvin has had a home playoff game before. And the whole team came out flat.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 08:22 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Did you edit the post title and still get it wrong?

Not in his mind  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 08:22 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: Marvin has had a home playoff game before. And the whole team came out flat.

and we were 12-4 before and made it to the super bowl...  Who Dey baby
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 08:22 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Did you edit the post title and still get it wrong?

It was a semi-edit.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 08:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It was a semi-edit.

Right now he's googling his sentence trying to figure it out

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 08:12 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: Because I'm going by the last 4 years I am a troll?

You're not a troll...you just have a defeatist loser mentality. The Bengals post their best start to a season ever, tie the franchise record for wins in a season, win the division, make it to their fifth consecutive playoff appearance....and you have already thrown in the towel.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 08:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Sam Wyche was winless in the playoffs as well when he went 12-4

So was Forest Gregg as well I believe
In Gregg's first playoff appearance as a HC, he also took his team to the SB, only to lose it to Joe Montana.

In Wyche's first playoff appearance as a HC, he took his team to the SB, beating HoF QB Jim Kelly and HoF WR Andre Reed to do so... but lost in the SB to Joe Montana and Jerry-freaking-Rice.

Meanwhile Marvin Lewis is 0-6 in the playoffs and has lost to Ben Roethlisberger, Mark Sanchez, TJ Yates, Matt Schaub, Phillip Rivers, and Andrew Luck.

I don't see any Joe Montana or Jerry Rice types in that list.. but yes, StL, you're right. Wyche, Gregg, and Lewis are totally the same. Going to the SB on your first postseason trip vs 0-6 is mindblowingly similar. Lol Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 08:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: In Gregg's first playoff appearance as a HC, he also took his team to the SB, only to lose it to Joe Montana.

In Wyche's first playoff appearance as a HC, he took his team to the SB, beating HoF QB Jim Kelly and HoF WR Andre Reed to do so... but lost in the SB to Joe Montana and Jerry-freaking-Rice.

Meanwhile Marvin Lewis is 0-6 in the playoffs and has lost to Ben Roethlisberger, Mark Sanchez, TJ Yates, Matt Schaub, Phillip Rivers, and Andrew Luck.

I don't see any Joe Montana or Jerry Rice types in that list.. but yes, StL, you're right. Wyche, Gregg, and Lewis are totally the same. Going to the SB on your first postseason trip vs 0-6 is mindblowingly similar. Lol Ninja

Marvin has never been 12-4, so the vibes are looking good.. in the end we are debating what is on paper.. not what is on the field
Reply/Quote
I'm glad I've always had a different outlook than the OP.

Those that have the same outlook: See what you look like?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
there are many people who are pessimistic about our playoff game...no sense in spoiling the day with it though. How about you enjoy the win?
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
some of you could really benefit from moving to colorado or washington...or get laid every once in a while
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 09:36 PM)thegimp Wrote: some of you could really benefit from moving to colorado or washington...or get laid every once in a while

What is this "get laid"  you speak of?  

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 08:46 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Marvin has never been 12-4, so the vibes are looking good.. in the end we are debating what is on paper.. not what is on the field
From the past 6 losses from marvin in the post season, we can assume what's going to be on the field, and it's probably not going to look good
Reply/Quote
The three longest tenured coaches currently in the NFL:

Belichick- 4 SB Rings
Coughlin- 2 SB Rings
Lewis- 0 Playoff Wins

Im confused, why are certain guys flaming the OP because he doubts Lewis will actually get this team prepared for a victory this year, especially in light of playing a team that has beat him 18-7 since he became head coach for Cincy?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 09:36 PM)thegimp Wrote: some of you could really benefit from moving to colorado or washington...or get laid every once in a while

have you thought about not being a douchebag?  It might work wonders for you.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 09:38 PM)GodFather Wrote: The three longest tenured coaches currently in the NFL:

Belichick- 4 SB Rings
Coughlin- 2 SB Rings
Lewis- 0 Playoff Wins

Im confused, why are certain guys flaming the OP because he doubts Lewis will actually get this team prepared for a victory this year, especially in light of playing a team that has beat him 18-7 since he became head coach for Cincy?

for starters, he created the thread to be negative and invite the flaming...

He's saying what a lot of us are thinking, but why spoil the day?  We're 12-4!  I'll be pissed about having to play (and probably lose to) the steelers tomorrow.  For now, i'm enjoying the ride.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 09:38 PM)GodFather Wrote: The three longest tenured coaches currently in the NFL:

Belichick- 4 SB Rings
Coughlin- 2 SB Rings
Lewis- 0 Playoff Wins

Do you get it? Marvin has shown so much improvement since that last 6 playoff debacles 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 09:46 PM)basballguy Wrote: have you thought about not being a douchebag?  It might work wonders for you.

if thats what you think i have going on...its actually already working wonders for me
Reply/Quote