Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jake Fisher changes number and position
give him loads of props for doing what is in the best interest of the teams. Players willing to be flexible last in the league...players who aren't are named Tebow

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Sans the false start early, I'd say he did well in his role.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 06:49 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Sans the false start early, I'd say he did well in his role.

I noticed he looked early a few times today(got away with it). But all in all I like him in that role 

Reply/Quote
I thought Fisher did a real nice job. I feel much better about the run game after watching him spring Hill a few times.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 06:57 PM)Beaker Wrote: I thought Fisher did a real nice job. I feel much better about the run game after watching him spring Hill a few times.

It was a promising start.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
They just need to mix it up with him and stop telegraphing where the run is going to go.

That kind of crap may work with the depleted Ratbirds but it ain't gonna fly against better opponents with more to lose.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 08:38 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: They just need to mix it up with him and stop telegraphing where the run is going to go.

That kind of crap may work with the depleted Ratbirds but it ain't gonna fly against better opponents with more to lose.

I like when they just lined him up as a FB and let him lead block.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 08:38 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: They just need to mix it up with him and stop telegraphing where the run is going to go.

They didn't telegraph anything, in my opinion.

There was a number of times he was lined up on the weak side of the field and hit the A or B gap on that side, only to have the back go to the strong side.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 05:02 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: So is he allowed to line up at tackle? Is there such thing as reporting as ineligible? Maybe I'm overthinking it.

No he wouldnt be able to line up as an OT but could line up as a TE.

He did pretty well as a fullback i thought
Reply/Quote
Hill looked good. Maybe Fisher being a lead blocker helped.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 03:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/31/bengals-rookie-gets-new-number-new-role/

This could be interesting...

[Image: 1Z73OML.jpg]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
So if this experiement continues to go well What does the Future hold for Fisher and Hewitt..

Does hewitt get his starting FB role back or do you use him more @ TE.

Does Fisher Stay @ FB/HB/TE spot or does he go back to being an route running OT?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 04:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: So if this experiement continues to go well  What does the Future hold for Fisher and Hewitt..

Does hewitt get his starting FB role back or do you use him more @ TE.    

Does Fisher Stay @ FB/HB/TE spot or does he go back to being an route running OT?

Hewitt retains his job. Hewitt is a great player at his position.

Fisher can go back to what he was doing previously or just be a fill in player for 7 or so positions. Kid is versatile.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 04:09 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Hewitt retains his job. Hewitt is a great player at his position.

Fisher can go back to what he was doing previously or just be a fill in player for 7 or so positions. Kid is versatile.

Just saying thats one big FullBack...
Reply/Quote
Fisher did a good job considering he had a week to get ready for his new job. I would like us to use him more from a true FB spot and stop motioning him out. I felt bad for Baltimore defenders when Fisher was running at full steam towards them.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I loved this move and thought Fisher did a great job at FB. Him and Og sprung Hill for the big TD.

Fisher is so damn versatile and i believe Og was also lined up as a TE on that play.

I love the 2 first picks now from the Draft. Dudes are two very versatile players.
Reply/Quote