Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jake Fisher changes number and position
(12-31-2015, 05:02 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: So is he allowed to line up at tackle? Is there such thing as reporting as ineligible? Maybe I'm overthinking it.

He can line up on the LOS
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What's the update on Hewitt? Is he done for good?
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 05:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He can line up on the LOS

But is he automatically a "tackle eligible" while lined up at tackle because of his number? 
Reply/Quote
This will be a highlight of the Super Bowl video, where they point out this move that got the running game jump started throughout the playoffs.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 05:07 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: But is he automatically a "tackle eligible" while lined up at tackle because of his number? 

He can line up on the LOS, covering a T without having to declare as eligible and the defense will have to assign someone to cover him--even if he stays in to block. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 05:07 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: But is he automatically a "tackle eligible" while lined up at tackle because of his number? 

He will be elgible as long as he lines up in an elgible position...just like any full back

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
This tells me that Hewitt's injury is really serious. It also tells me that the coaches won't try to implement Uzomah back at H-back, which is a good thing.

Good luck Fisher. Don't become a Dan Coats.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 05:15 PM)pally Wrote: He will be elgible as long as he lines up in an elgible position...just like any full back

So the position is ineligible regardless of number. Word. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 05:28 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: This tells me that Hewitt's injury is really serious. It also tells me that the coaches won't try to implement Uzomah back at H-back, which is a good thing.

Hes already caught a pass.
Reply/Quote
I'll say this one bright side of when Hue goes to wherever he's HC at next year... hopefully his replacement will bring in a proper FB. Hewitt has been bad this year and now they're using a 2nd round pick OT.

They need to find a modern day Vonta Leach or Greg Jones. Those guys still have to exist *somewhere* in the collegiate level, right? Then use the money saved by cheering Andre Smith's departure ($6.36m, really) as a downpayment to get Alex Mack.

Then proceed to run over everyone's face.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 05:35 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Hes already caught a pass.

And had 4 more ill advised red zone passes thrown his way that turned out poorly and could have been thrown at AJ Green, Marvin Jones, Giovani Bernard, or Tyler Eifert... you know, real position players with real hands/routes. The only of his 5 targets he caught was the one where he was entirely uncovered.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 04:23 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: The one who needs help is Andre Smith.  They should rotate him with Ogbuehi.

Ogbhuei will be at RT next year and when either Whit is done or Fisher is ready. He will bump to Left.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 05:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'll say this one bright side of when Hue goes to wherever he's HC at next year... hopefully his replacement will bring in a proper FB. Hewitt has been bad this year and now they're using a 2nd round pick OT.

They need to find a modern day Vonta Leach or Greg Jones. Those guys still have to exist *somewhere* in the collegiate level, right? Then use the money saved by cheering Andre Smith's departure ($6.36m, really) as a downpayment to get Alex Mack.

Then proceed to run over everyone's face.

I think the lack of a FB on the roster is a just a numbers thing. Plus we carry a lot of DL. Plus Hewitt surprised them and can play a bit of it all.

I remember on hard knocks Jay wanted to keep John Conner and Hue lobbied hard for Orson Charles and the HB position. Which is consistent to how he did in Oakland with Marcell Reece.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 05:33 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: So the position is ineligible regardless of number. Word. 

Eligibility is number based. That's why they changed his number to 44. Now he doesn't have to tell the ref every time he lines up as eligible.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 05:28 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: This tells me that Hewitt's injury is really serious. It also tells me that the coaches won't try to implement Uzomah back at H-back, which is a good thing.

Uzomah is just outmatched. He rarely blocked at Auburn. He didn't even have a TE coach at AU lol

I have been pleasantly surprised with Kroft.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 05:45 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Eligibility is number based. That's why they changed his number to 44. Now he doesn't have to tell the ref every time he lines up as eligible.

The real question is what happens if we need him to play some tackle. After the Pats and Ravens game last year I think there are new rules regarding eligible positions reporting as ineligible?

Anyone knows what the deal is?
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 05:45 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I think the lack of a FB on the roster is a just a numbers thing.   Plus we carry a lot of DL.    Plus Hewitt surprised them and can play a bit of it all.  

I remember on hard knocks Jay wanted to keep John Conner and Hue lobbied hard for Orson Charles and the HB position.     Which is consistent to how he did in Oakland with Marcell Reece.

I know it's a numbers thing, but I think it's finally time to admit mistake with some of these DL they have flooding their roster. They have five who are struggling to even be active.

Will Clarke: 12 games, 0 starts, 3 solo tackles, 1 ast tackle, 0.5 sacks, 1 Pdef
Brandon Thompson: 8 games, 0 starts, 3 solo tackles, 4 ast tackls, 0.5 sacks
Pat Sims: 8 games, 0 starts, 4 solo tackles, 12 ast tackles
Margus Hunt: 6 games, 0 starts, 1 solo tackle, 1 ast tackle
Marcus Hardison: 0 games

That's the sadest group of statlines for a position I have ever seen. I saw a drive where the Broncos did a hurry up offense while the Bengals had Hunt, Thompson, Sims, and Johnson out there for the DL. Guess what? They had all day to throw. The "rotation" only works if over half of it doesn't suck. Lol

Swap one of those guys out for a true FB. You really won't be missing much. (EDIT: A good slot WR wouldn't hurt either. Need a chain mover other than Bernard.)

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 05:58 PM)bengal kitten uk Wrote: The real question is what happens if we need him to play some tackle. After the Pats and Ravens game last year I think there are new rules regarding eligible positions reporting as ineligible?

Anyone knows what the deal is?

He can line up as an inline TE next to the tackle and block. If a tackle goes down, they have other backups.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 04:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 44

The universal number for slow white boys

If Jake Fisher becomes John Riggins (a "slow" white man who wore #44), I'll find that perfectly acceptable.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2015, 03:11 PM)Beaker Wrote: Jake Fisher.....lead blocking, catching passes and kicking asses.

I love it.

When does the action figure come out?
Reply/Quote