Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Go get Patricia
He doesn't seem well liked and success mostly existed in the Patriots world. Pass.
Reply/Quote
I remember what it was.. it was their stud corner that Matt Patricia chased out of town. This guy was a lot younger than Dunlap. Forget his name off the top of my head. But I remember not being impressed with some of Matt’s antics. Calling him out in front of the team and trying to embarrass him.etc.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
A couple of things there:

First, he won't come here right now, as taking a job right now would most likely void any remaining contract money.

Second, Belicheck has a HUGE presence on the NE defense. As such I don't know how much of a positive impact Patricia made on those defenses.

Third, as it has already been stated, he has openly carried that Belicheck air of "I know all, you know nothing" without the resume to back it up. That shit can easily rub the players the wrong way. For instance, he reportedly was a complete prick upon arriving in Detroit and immediately had issues in the locker room.
Reply/Quote
Slay? I think that’s who it was
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 06:10 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I remember what it was.. it was their stud corner that Matt Patricia chased out of town. This guy was a lot younger than Dunlap. Forget his name off the top of my head. But I remember not being impressed with some of Matt’s antics. Calling him out in front of the team and trying to embarrass him.etc.

Quandre Diggs.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 05:38 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Fair, but the previous ones failed in epic fashion, Romeo Crennel, Eric Mangini, Matt Patricia

Agreed; hell Bill may not be all that without TB12
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Matt Patricia might fit in Cincinnati perfectly. In fact, he is well known in Detroit for holding practice sessions outside in the cold and ice even though the Lions have an indoor practice facility.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn’t hesitate to bring Matt Patricia in as DC.He could really benefit this defense once he has all the players back healthy.He won’t be without a job for long.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 06:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Agreed; hell Bill may not be all that without TB12

He never was.

I believe he has 2 winning seasons without Brady under the helm, and one was an All-Star squad where Brady did start the first game.
Reply/Quote
He will be right back on New England... Count on it. .
Reply/Quote
No thanks on Matt Patricia. His defense got worse every year in Detroit and the New England defense benefited greatly from having amazing field position to work with.

Also, he keeps a pencil above his ear even though his play card is laminated.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
Noticed that Detroit also fired the GM. Gaah

If JDR doesn't fit with Taylor, I don't think Patricia would fit; also not with this Front Office.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Detroit is the Bengals of the NFC.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 08:59 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Detroit is the Bengals of the NFC.

Exactly...
Reply/Quote
My in-laws are Lions fans (misery loves company). I told my father in-law and brother in-law that people would love to have Patricia as the Bengals DC. My father-in-law promptly sent me a massive text explaining all the ways that Matt Patricia is a garbage coach and talking about how horrendous the defense was under his oversight, lol. He was mad that anyone would ever want to give the dude another job. Like legit angry at me for bringing it up.

Perhaps he's not the answer, lol.
Reply/Quote
The Lions need to hire Zac Taylor as head coach. He’s an offensive genius and he’s a great playcaller.
Reply/Quote
Meh
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Rather have Wade Phillips.

Reply/Quote
But, we don't WANT coaches that say mean things to players...... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 10:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: But, we don't WANT coaches that say mean things to players...... Ninja

Correction, we don’t want coaches that are terrible leaders of men.
Reply/Quote