Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Go get Patricia
Rather have the guy he replaced. But sure bring him a long too.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 06:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Agreed; hell Bill may not be all that without TB12

Eh, I think Bill will have plenty of success without Brady.

Everyone points to "Brady is gone and the Pats are struggling" but they also have one of if not the longest list of players who opted out due to Covid. These three alone tackle Marcus Cannon, linebacker Dont'a Hightower, and safety Patrick Chung would make a huge impact on their win loss record.

I mean, hell he made people think Matt Cassell was a good QB... so..

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Absolutely not. I don’t like Patricia at all.

Plus, the last defensive minded guy we got from Detroit was worse than Bresnahan and Anarumo
Reply/Quote
So, I changed my stance on wanting Patricia

https://sports.yahoo.com/current-former-lions-players-matt-patricia-bob-quinn-firing-social-media-230037328.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAACcNQLaWeckZZOcr6PRBKUm2PQZedIc64LBvttLuq-Kr8P6fG0S7mHQCieypNWKCvA_p9nf0QO4vxWDLxgodxfKUG1JjVs8FxYTRshysRjvWur-sy8BNyBLCun-XURLoiMa6KyimwYmEdho0KgfWZzcRBiKQA2etlWctkcv0kLB5

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2020/11/ex-lions-players-dont-hold-back-in-aftermath-of-matt-patricia-bob-quinns-firing.html

We already have issues with players and coaches, and we brought in Turner after his history of being terrible coach and disliked, probably not the smartest play to bring in another guy that players are celebrating about him being fired.

Side note to all of this, you have to wonder what would have been said about Paul Brown, Vince Lombardi, Don Shula, John Madden, and the other great coaches of the past had the players had the access to the media and social media that they do now.

Would players have been calling out Madden or Brown for being too tough on them too or is it just the insanity of today's world that everything has to be P.C. and if you hurt my feelings I'm going to run to the internet and cry?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 03:17 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So, I changed my stance on wanting Patricia

https://sports.yahoo.com/current-former-lions-players-matt-patricia-bob-quinn-firing-social-media-230037328.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAACcNQLaWeckZZOcr6PRBKUm2PQZedIc64LBvttLuq-Kr8P6fG0S7mHQCieypNWKCvA_p9nf0QO4vxWDLxgodxfKUG1JjVs8FxYTRshysRjvWur-sy8BNyBLCun-XURLoiMa6KyimwYmEdho0KgfWZzcRBiKQA2etlWctkcv0kLB5

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2020/11/ex-lions-players-dont-hold-back-in-aftermath-of-matt-patricia-bob-quinns-firing.html

We already have issues with players and coaches, and we brought in Turner after his history of being terrible coach and disliked, probably not the smartest play to bring in another guy that players are celebrating about him being fired.

Side note to all of this, you have to wonder what would have been said about Paul Brown, Vince Lombardi, Don Shula, John Madden, and the other great coaches of the past had the players had the access to the media and social media that they do now.

Would players have been calling out Madden or Brown for being too tough on them too or is it just the insanity of today's world that everything has to be P.C. and if you hurt my feelings I'm going to run to the internet and cry?

I think winning cures everything. It’s these bums who suck at their job and are colossal assholes that are the problem.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 05:49 PM)Benton Wrote: https://www.mlive.com/lions/2019/03/agents-say-matt-patricia-locker-room-dysfunction-make-detroit-one-of-the-worst-destinations-for-players.html

Whatever

Although the article sounds like Cincinnati is on the list for being in the Rust Belt more than citing Detroit: 

That's quite expected and it's AGENTS not Players. Huge difference, these 4 cities are not necessarily known for shelling out the big bucks on FA's, so of course it's a "bad" destination in the eyes of an Agent. Even Drew R has said he absolutely hates negotiating with the Bengals.

Raiders seemed like an outlier? I know with them being in LV now they are probably a "hot" place for players to want to go to, maybe it's cause Al's not there any more dishing out stupid contracts for mediocre players and drafting first round busts.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 04:55 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Matt Patricia got the boot today. Go get him make his a consultant and give him Lou's job next year. Guy is a great DC but crapy head coach.

So many on here are buying into "toxic culture" with Bengals and if that is true.. we should just add another "toxic coach" from accounts out of Detroit..

PS:  sometimes though that is the scapegoat answer from players also when players don;t perform the way they should...
Reply/Quote
If he loses 100 pounds, hire him.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 10:53 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: If he loses 100 pounds, hire him.

Yeah, who wants an overweight coach...

[Image: usa_today_13991130.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 11:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, who wants an overweight coach...

[Image: usa_today_13991130.jpg]

[Image: 193wxp0ekwqcsgif.gif]

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 05:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Unless Bill B. called him back to NE, or another high profile team came calling for him to take over their Defense (think Dallas), I think that the Bengals have enough defensive talent to at least entertain his interest.

I was scrolling replies before I responded and I was thinking the same thing.  The chance to play in that sorry division with QBs like Wentz, Who knows in Wash and Dallas, and Daniel Jones?  Compared to coming to the AFC North?  No thanks.

If he would come here, I would jump at the chance to have him as he seemed to have Piggy's number.  That being said, I don't see it happening and he doesn't exactly fit the coach "profile" that the Browns would want on the sideline.  Make fun of that all you want, but I don't think they would relish a guy that looked like a homeless man holding the headset.  

Interesting how he was all "cleaned up" when he first joined Detroit, and then....ugh.  
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 01:47 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Absolutely not. I don’t like Patricia at all.

Plus, the last defensive minded guy we got from Detroit was worse than Bresnahan and Anarumo

Good point.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2020, 05:49 PM)Benton Wrote: https://www.mlive.com/lions/2019/03/agents-say-matt-patricia-locker-room-dysfunction-make-detroit-one-of-the-worst-destinations-for-players.html

Whatever

Although the article sounds like Cincinnati is on the list for being in the Rust Belt more than citing Detroit: 

Why Buffalo, I wonder?  That team seems to be on the rise and their coach is beloved.  Reading on, the Detroit players complained about the intensity of the training camp with lots of yelling going on.  

That, after complaining of the climate and not as much "sex" as in the south and west?   

Seriously, you are NFL players and you can't get laid, and training camp is too hard?  You pretty much just summed up why you always suck (Detroit).  I suggest you grow a set and realize that winning takes work.  Sissies.  That article makes me want to puke.

Bring the guy to Cincy and let him make a really hard camp and yell at these guys.  We keep saying that we need a hard ass disciplinarian but this guy actually has some skins on the wall.  Anarumo has nothing.  
Reply/Quote
Guys have been racing to hate on him now that he is gone. He is someone players just couldn't respect. It's a personality that won't work here, as it doesn't do well, period. For all the years Marvin was here and the poor performances that would happen, I don't remember players lining up to throw shade at him. Being a coach with a ring doesn't mean he would work out here.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 11:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, who wants an overweight coach...

There's always exceptions in life, Reid has the Lombardi pass. Patricia doesnt as a HC. 

Losing 100 lbs would be a good motivator for this team.

"Look, this is how it's done."--Patricia
Reply/Quote
Being a hardass doesn't make you a good coach or leader. Understanding X's and O's, understanding how to get the most out of players, and understanding personnel do. Mike Zimmer isn't a good coach because he's a hard ass. He's a good coach because he's a good coach. He just happens to be a hard ass. Players respect him because he's a good coach.

Patricia is not a good coach or leader. Pass. Simple as that.
Reply/Quote
Why not?  They did allow Troy Blackburn into the family, he and Patricia look like they could pass as brothers, or at least cousins.   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 01:55 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: There's always exceptions in life, Reid has the Lombardi pass. Patricia doesnt as a HC. 

Losing 100 lbs would be a good motivator for this team.

"Look, this is how it's done."--Patricia

But he didn't before 2020.

And yet he was still a desirable coach.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 02:52 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: But he didn't before 2020.

And yet he was still a desirable coach.

I agree, but we are the Bengals... we have to have saviors not coaches every year, you know, trying to save the franchise Hehe
Reply/Quote
Get Josh McDaniels at HC then make Bill O'Brien the OC and Patricia the DC.
Reply/Quote