Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GodHatesBengals support?
Ok, it's obvious I missed something (wish I could say that was unusual). I noticed when I got on here one day that GodHatesBengals was on a "temporary suspension" and just figured the dude pushed things a bit too far (most likely in the PnR subforum) and had to wait a couple days or a week before he could post again.

I get on today and see a lot of people with his avi and with some people saying to "free" him in their sigs. I look it up and sure enough he had now been banned.

So, basically, can someone catch me up? What the hell's going on?
[Image: giphy.gif]
First of all, I'm glad to see so many others on board with the movement. I didn't expect people to pick up on it, so hopefully the mods don't scold me for this Ninja

Anyway, I won't get into a huge ordeal with this, but I'll give you the shortened version. GHB likes to jab at people sometimes, and while I don't always agree with the guy, he didn't do anything any worse than what MANY other board members here do on a regular basis. Unless we're all just missing something crazy that he's done that was deleted before anyone could see it, this is the least deserving ban that's been given out on these boards. Many on the other "side" that he would argue with have done just as much, if not more to deserve punishment than he did.

WTS, I don't think the others should be punished either (nobody should in this case), but IMO there's more reason to punish a guy that got caught using an alt or a guy using racial slurs than anything that GHB has done recently.
Its not everyday I can agree with the OP, but I was wondering about this too.

And, I agree with pretty much everything in post #2. GHB was a fun member. He's teased me and some other folks, but I've never seen anything that would merit a sanction.

I thought there was many an unjust banning at the old place, and I think for some it was a game just to try to get banned. I think others do that here, too, but I don't think GHB was one of them. Maybe he's being made a scapegoat to try to reign some other people in? Whatever, hope dude comes back.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(10-23-2015, 09:50 AM)xxlt Wrote: Its not everyday I can agree with the OP, but I was wondering about this too.

And, I agree with pretty much everything in post #2. GHB was a fun member. He's teased me and some other folks, but I've never seen anything that would merit a sanction.

I thought there was many an unjust banning at the old place, and I think for some it was a game just to try to get banned. I think others do that here, too, but I don't think GHB was one of them. Maybe he's being made a scapegoat to try to reign some other people in? Whatever, hope dude comes back.

I do too. I'd love to see a mod or admin chime in and say that he isn't actually perma banned. There are many people with flat out troll accounts, and he wasn't/isn't one of them. At least he provided substance even when he would be messing with somebody. He didn't go much further across any line than myself or many others do regularly.

If he is perma banned with no explanation of him doing something that the rest of us have missed that has since been deleted, I know that I'll be taking my Bengals discussing elsewhere, and I believe I know of at least 1 or 2 others that will do the same.
I'm not going to comment one way or the other on whether or not his suspension or banning was justified. I'm just going to say that we don't know the decisions made and the discussions had in regards to his posting. The moderators on the old boards had the policy of not discussing these sorts of actions and it is likely that the moderators here will do the same. The reason for this is a good one in that the type of environment that discussion would foster would become even more toxic than one where a banning is perceived as unjust.

The fact that this thread and other discussions about GHB have been allowed to continue just shows that they are providing more leeway than existed on the old boards where this discussion would have been deleted and potential infractions issued to those involved. If you have concerns about things like this, address them directly with a moderator or admin. They may not provide all of the details but it is better than public displays.

Phil, I know you didn't intend this as a "I'm questioning the mods" type of thing, but I don't want it to turn into that, which is the way I fear this is heading. Things like that can bring down a board in a hurry.
It is sort of like when the St Louis Rams WRs walked out of the tunnel with their "Hands Up". They had no idea what they were truely supporting; they just felt the need to make a statement about an injustice that they assumed was going on.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-23-2015, 10:29 AM)bfine32 Wrote: It is sort of like when the St Louis Rams WRs walked out of the tunnel with their "Hands Up". They had no idea what they were truely supporting; they just felt the need to make a statement about an injustice that they assumed was going on.  

Saying that we don't know what we're supporting is asinine.

Why don't you come back with some of your alts to bash us too?
He's not "perma-banned".
He'll be back relatively soon.
That's all I'm saying.
Wink
(10-23-2015, 10:31 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Saying that we don't know what we're supporting is asinine.

Why don't you come back with some of your alts to bash us too?

Prime example of believing what you hear.

WTS, bye.

(10-23-2015, 10:37 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Prime example of believing what you hear.

WTS, bye.

You cried to the mods, played the victim, and pouted when GHB poked some fun at you.

He accidentally did it in a forum outside of PnR without realizing that it was a different subforum, you again cried like a baby and got the mods involved. That's what happened. There's no guessing here.

Where are your alts at to back up your side? You'll need them. Funny how you don't get punished for having multiple personalities on here. Also, weren't you supposed to "leave" on your own? Wow, that lasted what, 3 or 4 days? You really showed us! We all said that you'd be right back because this is all you have in life.
(10-23-2015, 10:29 AM)bfine32 Wrote: It is sort of like when the St Louis Rams WRs walked out of the tunnel with their "Hands Up". They had no idea what they were truely supporting; they just felt the need to make a statement about an injustice that they assumed was going on.  
Feel free to enlighten us of his dastardly deeds.
Personally I didn't see much to warrant more than a warning. 
Of course,  there surely could have been much I had missed.
My bet is that someone asked a favor from a person of influence, to put a little pressure on the admins here.
Meh... we may never know the truth.
I'm with Matt in believing that Phil has honest intentions.

I'd hate to see anybody discontinue their membership here over presumptions. The mods were chosen in part, based on their objectivity and fairness. They've been outstanding in this regard so it's a safe presumption that GHB did something to warrant his status.

There's nothing wrong in disagreeing with their decisions, but doing so publicly isn't the way to go about it.

I'm as curious as anybody as to to what happened, but I also realize ( mods ) have a responsibility and I trust their judgement. That's why we chose them.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
The dude has issues.

I know I couldn't post in any forum without him chasing me to hurl personal insults.

I hope he does come back but in the same breath I hope he chills out on the stalking.
(10-23-2015, 10:47 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I'm with Matt in believing that Phil has honest intentions.

I'd hate to see anybody discontinue their membership here over presumptions. The mods were chosen in part, based on their objectivity and fairness. They've been outstanding in this regard so it's a safe presumption that GHB did something to warrant his status.

There's nothing wrong in disagreeing with their decisions, but doing so publicly isn't the way to go about it.

I'm as curious as anybody as to to what happened, but I also realize ( mods ) have a responsibility and I trust their judgement. That's why we chose them.

The mods were chosen based on their objectivity and fairness as regular posters.

I worked with a girl in the past that seemed like she would make a great supervisor. She finally got a supervisor role but didn't really handle her job very well overall. Not everybody that makes a great poster ends up being a great mod. Some do though. I think most here have been fair thus far in the first 6 months of the board.
(10-23-2015, 10:44 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Feel free to enlighten us of his dastardly deeds.
My bet is that someone asked a favor from a person of influence, to put a little pressure on the admins here.

Ain't no way. 

We chose these guys to be mods based on the character they've presented to us over the years. It's unfair to them and the rest of the members here to think they'd offer favors or anything like that.

It's an unenviable position to be a mod. But we nominated these guys and they've been outstanding and deserve the Benifit of doubt. 
(10-23-2015, 10:44 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Feel free to enlighten us of his dastardly deeds.

Unlike others here. I have no idea what he did to get banned.

I doubt it was "poking fun at me".

If the assertion is I asked the mods privately for anything; then that is a false assertion, and not the first one.

As Bels mentioned earlier, this thread has turned into an indictment of the mods and others not banned.

(10-23-2015, 10:48 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The dude has issues.  

I know I couldn't post in any forum without him chasing me to hurl personal insults.  

I hope he does come back but in the same breath I hope he chills out on the stalking.

I hope that you and bfine cut the "stalking" accusation which in turn causes an argument every time.

Looking at public information on a message board isn't "stalking" anybody. Cut the bullshit. It's obnoxious.
(10-23-2015, 10:53 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I hope that you and bfine cut the "stalking" accusation which in turn causes an argument every time.

Looking at public information on a message board isn't "stalking" anybody. Cut the bullshit. It's obnoxious.

Yes it's perfectly normal to post in the same threads in multiple forums and hurl an insult at the same poster.
(10-23-2015, 10:50 AM)djs7685 Wrote: The mods were chosen based on their objectivity and fairness as regular posters.

I worked with a girl in the past that seemed like she would make a great supervisor. She finally got a supervisor role but didn't really handle her job very well overall. Not everybody that makes a great poster ends up being a great mod. Some do though. I think most here have been fair thus far in the first 6 months of the board.

what leads you to believe any one of them have changed since this boards inception?

I may be naive but I tend to see the good in people and the mods we've chosen were nearly unanimous. I realize people become power drunk but I just don't see it here. 

We don't know why GHB has been suspended/banned. But they deserve the Benifit of doubt in their decision. If they were corrupt, I can think of at least 3 members that woulda be banned long ago. 
(10-23-2015, 10:52 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Ain't no way. 

We chose these guys to be mods based on the character they've presented to us over the years. It's unfair to them and the rest of the members here to think they'd offer favors or anything like that.

It's an unenviable position to be a mod. But we nominated these guys and they've been outstanding and deserve the Benifit of doubt. 

Not what I'm suggesting.
Those guys are golden.
You, of all people, should be able to read deep enough into what I'm suggesting.