Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Golden Tate TD vs Tyler Eifert TD
(10-20-2015, 12:23 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It DOES matter because it's a rule. Him going to the ground was a fluid motion as he was catching the ball. He didn't catch it, take steps (establishing a catch) and then go to the ground while being tackled. It was one continuous motion. 

Watch the play.  He took FOUR steps.  The first two were clearly in the field of play and that makes him a runner.  Once established as a runner the going to the ground rule is null and void.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 12:24 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Watch the play.  He took FOUR steps.  The first two were clearly in the field of play and that makes him a runner.  Once established as a runner the going to the ground rule is null and void.

I watched the play. 

Tate was in the end zone.
Eifert was outside the end zone.

Tate lost the ball before going to the gound (after getting 2 feet down in the end zone)
Eifert lost the ball as he was going to the ground (didn't complete the catch--by rule) ((stupid rule not withstanding))

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 12:27 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I watched the play. 

Tate was in the end zone.
Eifert was outside the end zone.

Tate lost the ball before going to the gound (after getting 2 feet down in the end zone)
Eifert lost the ball as he was going to the ground (didn't complete the catch--by rule) ((stupid rule not withstanding))

The same time Tate's 2nd foot is hitting the ground the ball is coming out. Tate never had clear possession ! It was an interception.

Eifert took two whole steps WITH clear possession under control in the field of play prior to crossing the goal line. Establishing himself as a runner. By the rules I grew up with and in my opinion are correct, the millisecond the nose of the football crosses the goal line it's a TD !

Like someone else said the Tate play at the 50 yard line is an interception 100% of the time.

The stupid Calvin Johnson rule has to be cleaned up. EVERYBODY says no one (including the refs) knows what a catch/TD is now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote