Poll: Will Mike Brown exercise Ogbuehi's 5th year option?
This poll is closed.
Yes
15.38%
4 15.38%
No
84.62%
22 84.62%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will Bengals GM do?
Predict what Mikey Brown will do when it comes time to exercising the 5th year option on Ogbuehi's contract.

This is not what should the Bengals do, but rather predict what they will do.

Keep in mind that the 5th option will likely cost the team between $9 and 10M and that that money becomes guaranteed for injury, and Ogbuehi has ended each of his first 3 years injured.

Also keep in mind that this would be the first 1st round pick the Bengals would not have exercised is they don't.

Happy guessing!

Will Mike Brown exercise Ogbuehi's 5th year option?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
He would have to improve greatly to get that excercised.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 11:52 PM)Go Cards Wrote: He would have to improve greatly to get that excercised.

The team will have to decide by early May.

Reply/Quote
Is this a trick question like a WWJD thing?  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 11:29 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Predict what Mikey Brown will do when it comes time to exercising the 5th year option on Ogbuehi's contract.

Keep in mind that the 5th option will likely cost the team between $9 and 10M and that that money becomes guaranteed for injury, and Ogbuehi has ended each of his first 3 years injured.

Also keep in mind that this would be the first 1st round pick the Bengals would not have exercised is they don't.

Happy guessing!

Why do you think they will extend him?

I don't see anyway it happens.  If they could lock him up cheap then they might consider it, but I believe it would cost them over $10 million.  Mike loves his money too much to give that much to Ogbuehi.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2018, 12:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Why do you think they will extend him?

I don't see anyway it happens.  If they could lock him up cheap then they might consider it, but I believe it would cost them over $10 million.  Mike loves his money too much to give that much to Ogbuehi.

Agree with this

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Nothing happens.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
He will show a little better and it will give them delusional hope that he will be better.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2018, 12:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Why do you think they will extend him?

Exactly right
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 11:29 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Predict what Mikey Brown will do when it comes time to exercising the 5th year option on Ogbuehi's contract.

Happy guessing!

No, but won't stop them from negotiating a 3 year deal for less money and not guaranteed for injury like happens with 5th year is picked up
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Happy guessing!

In a world where Ogbuehi is worth 10 million dollars ; How much would Whit be worth?
Reply/Quote
Even Mike Brown isn't dumb enough to think Ogbuehi has been successful and worth that option.
It makes too much sense to let Ogbuehi sink or swim in this final year. If he actually develops (and I mean REALLY develops, not just going from abysmal to bad), I think it makes sense for Brown to consider a normal contract extension. If he sucks (again), let the flop walk.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
According to Jim O and Paul Dehner:

"Expect the team to decline the fifth-year option on his rookie contract in the coming months."
Reply/Quote
Hell no, even if he gets to be a decent player he will be expensive.

If he is not a decent player by then he won't be worth it.

Either way no.
Reply/Quote
I say no...

But they could pick it up originally.. (as they can drop it any time before the next league year)

So I think even if they pick it up they don't go thru with it. (my opinion) Heres hoping they can extend Dennard to avoid paying him 5th year option money. (I think that's this year)
Reply/Quote