Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good God I cant believe im saying this...
I was just looking at our schedule for next year, and I think the Bengals make the playoffs.

Home
Ravens
Browns
Pats
Steelers
Jets
49ers
Cardinals
Jaguars

Away
Browns
Steelers
Ravens
Bills
Dolphins
Raiders
Rams
Seahawks

We literally only play 3 teams that made the playoffs this year. Our division is going to be mediocre next year at best. I really think a healthy Bengals team has just as good of shot as any other team in our division to make the playoffs.

What am I doing?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Last place schedules are the shit huh?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Seahawks, Rams, Pats, Ravens all made the playoffs. Granted the Ravens weren’t real contenders but still counts as four teams.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Someone has to be the little ray of sunshine in our otherwise cloud of doom football world

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 03:33 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I was just looking at our schedule for next year, and I think the Bengals make the playoffs.

Home
Ravens
Browns
Pats
Steelers
Jets
49ers
Cardinals
Jaguars

Away
Browns
Steelers
Ravens
Bills
Dolphins
Raiders
Rams
Seahawks

We literally only play 3 teams that made the playoffs this year. Our division is going to be mediocre next year at best. I really think a healthy Bengals team has just as good of shot as any other team in our division to make the playoffs.

What am I doing?

Ah Weezy I'n not feeling for this old off season trick!

I have absolutely no doubt there are even Cardinals fans looking at us on the schedule and thinking 'Bengals at PBS ...sure fire road win!'

Things always get turned around and never play out as you seem....e.g. based on '18 record you could look at Jags at home and think a win but they could turn it around just as quick and be that defensive powerhouse 
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 03:33 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I was just looking at our schedule for next year, and I think the Bengals make the playoffs.

Home
Ravens
Browns
Pats
Steelers
Jets
49ers
Cardinals
Jaguars

Away
Browns
Steelers
Ravens
Bills
Dolphins
Raiders
Rams
Seahawks

What am I doing?

And hey we moved on from Marv which is what we needed to do most to get some freshness round here.

Want to see who our new HC is and how the Offseason goes before making predictions but that schedule could help our new HC out in his first year that is for sure. We had a tough schedule this year and still won 6 games with the worst Defense in the league and a crazy amount of injuries.
Reply/Quote
I saw it and thought just the opposite - 3 west coast games means 3 losses plus the usual losses in our division. Still a lot of changes to rosters/coaching but my guess right now would be 7-9.
Reply/Quote

Home
Ravens
Browns
Pats
Steelers
Jets
49ers
Cardinals
Jaguars

Away
Browns
Steelers
Ravens
Bills
Dolphins
Raiders
Rams
Seahawks

What am I doing?

Four of the teams you listed made the playoffs. Patriots, Ravens (x2), Seahawks, Rams.
Also, you're underrating the teams who went 7-9 or better and just missed the playoffs: Steelers (x2), Dolphins, Browns (x2)
I think the Bengals could just as easily end up with 10 losses as they could with 10 wins.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
We shall see. Only 5 of the 12 playoff teams were repeats of last year. Who knows which of those teams will rise up.

Dang I hate being a pessimistic, cynical Bengal fan.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 04:07 PM)BleedNOrange Wrote: We shall see.  Only 5 of the 12 playoff teams were repeats of last year.  Who knows which of those teams will rise up.

The rule as a Bengal fan is.... it's a losing season unless proven otherwise?  Ninja
Reply/Quote
OK, I'll take the other side of the coin....

The Bengals play 4 current playoff teams next season in 5 games (twice vs the Ravens, of course). The Ravens also have 5 games vs current playoff teams. The Browns get 6 games vs current playoff teams (albeit 4 of those at home).

Then there is the dreaded 2nd place schedule. The Steelers have 7 of those games next year - the 2 against the winner of their own division, 2 against the 2 divisions each AFC North play fully (AFC East & NFC West), and 3 wild card teams.

So, unfortunately, the Bengals aren't really getting too much of a break with that schedule. That said, I've never been a big fan of using the previous season to measure strength of schedule anyway. By that measure, those schedules this year with some combination of Jacksonville, Minnesota, Buffalo, and Carolina would have been look at as rather imposing. Nonetheless, those 2017 playoff teams had a combined record of 26-37-1. Furthermore, some teams had the 0-16 Browns on their schedule twice. That didn't really work out too well for one of them in particular.
Reply/Quote

Home
Ravens
Browns
Pats
Steelers
Jets
49ers
Cardinals
Jaguars

Away
Browns
Steelers
Ravens
Bills
Dolphins
Raiders
Rams
Seahawks

What am I doing?

Somewhere, Jim Mora just smiled and winked knowingly...
Reply/Quote
It's very easy to look at these schedules now and say we'll be a playoff team but we really don't know. We'll split with the Ravens like we always do but now we have to respect Cleveland on the schedule. It's easy to say Pittsburgh will be a mess next season with an AB trade being inevitable but who's to say they still won't find a way to beat us twice like they always do. We play a couple of 4th place teams like the Raiders and Jaguars. Those should be wins. You play the AFC East and you should beat everyone but NE (not that NE is unbeatable but facing Beli is always a challenge). You play the NFC West and outside of the Rams, I'm not scared by anyone in that division. And that's my point. The way that I just described the schedule makes us seem bound for 12 wins but in order for that to happen, almost every single team on our schedule will have to not improve. The Jets, 49ers, Seahawks, Browns, Ravens, Bills, even Raiders will certainly improve in some capacity even if they don't land any top FAs. Jaguars could bounce back too if they finally pull the plug on Bortles.

Bengals schedule this past season looked like a slam dunk for 10 wins and it probably would've been if not for injuries but we still struggled with mediocre teams like Miami, Tampa, Denver. We played the Panthers when they looked like world beaters. We played Atlanta when they were injured to hell and back and still barely pulled it out. We got destroyed by elite teams like NO and KC. You need to be lucky with your schedule too.

That's also important when considering our next head coach. We can muster up 6-7 wins against mediocre competition, but can we keep up with the playoff teams on our schedule and even beat a few of them? What's the reward of beating sorry teams on the way to the playoffs if you're gonna get outplayed once you get there?
Reply/Quote

Home
Ravens
Browns
Pats
Steelers
Jets
49ers
Cardinals
Jaguars

Away
Browns
Steelers
Ravens
Bills
Dolphins
Raiders
Rams
Seahawks

What am I doing?

I don't see a single certain win on that list. Coming into 2018 most everyone saw the Browns as two certain wins and they ate Andy Dalton and the Bengals offense for lunch, then ate Driskel and the offense for lunch again. Merv and Lasor had no answers.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 04:07 PM)BleedNOrange Wrote: We shall see.  Only 5 of the 12 playoff teams were repeats of last year.  Who knows which of those teams will rise up.

With everyone healthy and I mean everyone,we will go 10-11 games in winning stats and I truly believe we win the division this season.We will get a good good coach , would love the Todd guy from the bucs, no retreads from the past,no former coaches,I would new blood with a new attitude.Would love Tom Herman from the Texas college ranks.I want a coach that can win and is a firey in your face coach,keep the O-line coach,
Frank Pollack.He is the kind of guy I like.He takes no shit from players,and he had a awlful line to work with.Please release Bobbi Hart,number 70 and Fisher.Keep Redmond,and Westerman,maybe price,boling and glenn and trey Hopkins.I really believe we got guys that have been on IR and on the practice squad that can play NOW.marvin was stupid to keep some of these guys from playing.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 03:47 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Seahawks, Rams, Pats, Ravens all made the playoffs. Granted the Ravens weren’t real contenders but still counts as four teams.

I think Lamar will prove to be a flop next year, the dude doesn’t impress me at all. Ben is another year older, and the Steelers currently have more drama than a reality tv show. Cleveland, well... I think Cleveland has a legit shot to win the AFC North next year Ninja

We can only hope that the next coach isn’t a dud. If he’s not, I see no reason to believe we can’t at least get a wild card spot
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 04:18 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: It's very easy to look at these schedules now and say we'll be a playoff team but we really don't know. We'll split with the Ravens like we always do but now we have to respect Cleveland on the schedule. It's easy to say Pittsburgh will be a mess next season with an AB trade being inevitable but who's to say they still won't find a way to beat us twice like they always do. We play a couple of 4th place teams like the Raiders and Jaguars. Those should be wins. You play the AFC East and you should beat everyone but NE (not that NE is unbeatable but facing Beli is always a challenge). You play the NFC West and outside of the Rams, I'm not scared by anyone in that division. And that's my point. The way that I just described the schedule makes us seem bound for 12 wins but in order for that to happen, almost every single team on our schedule will have to not improve. The Jets, 49ers, Seahawks, Browns, Ravens, Bills, even Raiders will certainly improve in some capacity even if they don't land any top FAs. Jaguars could bounce back too if they finally pull the plug on Bortles.

Bengals schedule this past season looked like a slam dunk for 10 wins and it probably would've been if not for injuries but we still struggled with mediocre teams like Miami, Tampa, Denver. We played the Panthers when they looked like world beaters. We played Atlanta when they were injured to hell and back and still barely pulled it out. We got destroyed by elite teams like NO and KC. You need to be lucky with your schedule too.

That's also important when considering our next head coach. We can muster up 6-7 wins against mediocre competition, but can we keep up with the playoff teams on our schedule and even beat a few of them? What's the reward of beating sorry teams on the way to the playoffs if you're gonna get outplayed once you get there?

Nice post but moving on from Marv should help in us finally beat the Steelers.

His record against them was one of the biggest reasons we should of moved on years ago.

You cannot continually lose to your biggest rival, this is unacceptable.

Also Marv's playoff record speaks for itself. Atleast with a new HC we can say that if we get into the Playoffs anything can happen.

With Marv it was an automatic out every frickin' time.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 03:35 PM)jason Wrote: Last place schedules are the shit huh?

Especially if you're a first time HC.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
If they fix there issues then yeah I think they easily can hell I actually I think they can win a Superbowl.
RT, RG, TE, and LB are our issues none of them should be that hard to improve.
RT- Cody Ford(1st Rd pick)
RG- Westerman
TE- Charles Clay + Draft pick
LB- KJ Wright + Draft pick
We should have around 59 million in cap space if we cut Vontaz.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 04:35 PM)McC Wrote: Especially if you're a first time HC.

In all honesty I only see 7-8 wins on that schedule. We traditionally struggle at Buffalo, against Miami period, Pittsburgh, and who wants to play in Seattle?... He batter get to coaching them up.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote