Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good News
I think this guy is well connected. I know some fans are worried about upgrading the OL especially after Taylor said positives regarding the OL. This is good if not great news!

[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
One HUGE help to the O-Line, well to some certain degree.. GRONK!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 05:50 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think this guy is well connected.  I know some fans are worried about upgrading the OL especially after Taylor said positives regarding the OL.  This is good if not great news!

Same noise every year...

After they make action we will believe
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 06:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Same noise every year...

I think Ian has sources inside team, so if he is saying, then it has reason for traction.  I don't think HC Taylor would throw anyone of his OL players under the bus and is probably not the source.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I mean....Stevie Wonder can see that the O Line is the clear need. To say it's anything else is laughable
Reply/Quote
Everyone knows and agrees that the OL needs improved.
What there may be a disconnect on is how the team ends up trying to improve it.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

They took action last year.
Signed a veteran to cover RT.
They believed they had the entire starting OL covered with veterans in Williams-Spain-Hopkins-XSF-Reiff.
They then drafted Carman, Smith, and Hill.

Unfortunately, XSF and Reiff got hurt during the season, neither of which played in the postseason.
Team (somehow) felt 2020 5th rounder Adeniji was better and more deserving to start over Carman.
Smith and Hill rode the bench all season.

I'm sure in their minds, they felt they "tried," but it clearly didn't pan out.
Hopefully this offseason they try a little harder.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Perfectly fine with him getting an extension as HC.... still don't like Zac Taylor as a playcaller.

Also strange to get Lou an extension when you spend that much money bringing in FAs the last two offseasons and you get the 18th overall/17th scoring defense.

Reader, Hendrickson, Awuzie, Ogunjobi, Hill, Hilton, and Bell all brought in and they are still below average. Yet that warrants an extension? It's strange and I feel like decisions were made off the emotion of breaking the playoff win drought rather than statistical reality.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The FO spent big money on Hendrickson and huge money on Reader - both payed off.

If they do the same for the Oline we will be in good shape even though that still leaves a couple of holes.

I do not believe Mike Brown cares what the rest of the world thinks, he never has. But, Katie and the rest of the FO have to feel the heat of all eyes watching their moves this FA. They can keep the hype and new found love for the Bengals going strong with an aggressive free agency or they can be knocked down immediately as incompetent, cheap and not caring about Joe Borrow.

I dont think Katie wants to continue the sorry reputation Mike totally earned, the last 2 off seasons seem to be proof of that.

I know I am not alone in saying that if they go all out this offseason doing whatever they can to put us in a situation for playoff runs most wont complain if the situation arises that we are in cap hell in 3 years due to their valiant efforts.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 05:50 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think this guy is well connected.  I know some fans are worried about upgrading the OL especially after Taylor said positives regarding the OL.  This is good if not great news!

I expect the same, they will spend on OL. We will see if they do it right, this is what I don't know and what none us will really 
know until next season starts. They could get 4 of the top OL in Free Agency and we still wouldn't know for sure. I expect us to
bring in at least 2 top tier proven FA's, maybe 3. We will see if they will be the answer next season.

All I know is they better do at the very least what I expect or this place will just be a constant roar of descent into bitchiness. 
Reply/Quote
"fix" is a weird way to spell "replace"
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote

Yes. I mean honestly I think the whole world knows we need oline help.

But, so do a lot of teams.
Reply/Quote
I would also like to see Burrow go no huddle, I can't remember when he's done it, seems so rare. (Maybe Zac will change up and allow this)
Reply/Quote

Is this really news? Lol.
 70 Sacks is probably a good indicator on what needs fixed...
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 11:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes. I mean honestly I think the whole world knows we need oline help.

I’m hoping this year we finally have an advantage for FA who want a ring. They saw what we did without a competent O-line, and the players seems to speak highly of the culture, Burrow, and Zac. Between the culture and the winning, I hope we can get a leg up on the other teams with O-line needs.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 07:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Perfectly fine with him getting an extension as HC.... still don't like Zac Taylor as a playcaller.

Also strange to get Lou an extension when you spend that much money bringing in FAs the last two offseasons and you get the 18th overall/17th scoring defense.

Reader, Hendrickson, Awuzie, Ogunjobi, Hill, Hilton, and Bell all brought in and they are still below average. Yet that warrants an extension? It's strange and I feel like decisions were made off the emotion of breaking the playoff win drought rather than statistical reality.

The thing about Lou's defense is it got very good down the stretch.  They really gelled as a unit and propelled the team to the SB.  If they can begin the year the way they finished it'll be a lot better than mid range.  Takes time to put all these players together and get them on the same page.

I'm good with a Lou extension.  I think he came up with some great game plans over the course of the year.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 07:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: They took action last year.
Signed a veteran to cover RT.
They believed they had the entire starting OL covered with veterans in Williams-Spain-Hopkins-XSF-Reiff.
They then drafted Carman, Smith, and Hill.

Unfortunately, XSF and Reiff got hurt during the season, neither of which played in the postseason.
Team (somehow) felt 2020 5th rounder Adeniji was better and more deserving to start over Carman.
Smith and Hill rode the bench all season.

I'm sure in their minds, they felt they "tried," but it clearly didn't pan out.
Hopefully this offseason they try a little harder.

Yep

I'm hoping they try a lot harder.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 11:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes. I mean honestly I think the whole world knows we need oline help.

Zac thinks the OL is okay just needs better plays called  lol

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/16/zac-taylor-defends-bengals-offensive-line-says-he-can-call-better-plays-to-improve-protection/
Reply/Quote

I wrongly assumed you saved money on your car insurance when making this post.

Who knows what the tweet means, but I sure as hell hope it is "Let's get some OL if I'm signing a long term deal" & the Brown family agreed.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 10:29 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Zac thinks the OL is okay just needs better plays called  lol

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/16/zac-taylor-defends-bengals-offensive-line-says-he-can-call-better-plays-to-improve-protection/

No he doesn't. lol
Reply/Quote