Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Good Prime Time WIN Over Miami By AFC Champ Bengals
AFC Champ Bengals who lost 2 close games not only avoided going 0-3, but won at NY Jets and beat Miami in 5 days time to get to 2-2.

Bengals Super Bowl Defense held Miami on check enough, and Joe Burrow led Bengals to enough points to win.

I finally got to watch the game from after midnight to after 3 in morning on NFL NETWORK. I saw fast they were scrolling scores across bottom of screen, so i covered that up with a towel to watch replay. I like how Bengals scored fast. Still, I got worried in 4th quarter with Miami ahead. I was glad to see the big play by Bengals Defense. The 57 yard Field Goal by McPherson. The Boyd to Chase play. Big pass plays to Higgins and Chase and the Touchdown Pass to TE Hurst. The Bengals who had fallen behind had me worried, but they came back strong and made sure they got The WIN.

All of us Bengals Fans use to talk about never winning in play-offs or in prime time. Well, these Bengals have won in the play-offs to being AFC CHAMPS, and they won last night in Prime Time. Some on here said Bengals couldn't beat Miami, but they were wrong.

Once I got to see the game, I enjoyed it. GREAT WIN. The AFC CHAMP BENGALS are 2-2 now and very much in play-off hunt again. You really don't want a team to peak in September. I would love to see Bengals hit their stride going into the play-offs to Super Bowl again.

The prime time win over Miami was not only a nice WIN for the team, but for the Fans who have been waiting to WIN in prime time and in play-offs. THANK YOU BENGALS, I'm Enjoying It.

GO BENGALS

Tiger Tiger Who Dey Who Dey JoeJoe Who Dey Who Dey Tiger Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Feel better now Bengals fans?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 06:35 AM)Alice Wrote: Feel better now Bengals fans?

Definitely getting there. That's a decent win.

Was a bit concerned a points in that one. Losing an 8 point lead in the middle of the game, and then having to stop Bridgewater later, but won't go too far down that road since I'll just be accused of 'talking down what we achieved'. Miami even with Bridgewater in are still a decent team too.

Prime Time win (which we aren't accustomed to in the past), over an unbeaten team to get our season back on track. Burrow looking more like it... would like the completion percentage to go up a few, but being a bit picky there. The Line looking better too, but I guess the question will be how much of that is also down to facing less elite pass rushing. I think it's coming together though, which is great.
Reply/Quote
It's great that the white-out was a success. It was very fun to watch on Prime even though I could only watch the first half.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 08:02 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: It's great that the white-out was a success. It was very fun to watch on Prime even though I could only watch the first half.

It would have totally blown for the Ring of Honor game and the debut of the all white uniforms to be a loss.
Reply/Quote
Good to see that JB is taking what the defense
Is giving him now. I noticed less empty sets vs the Flippers.
I hope some are starting to appreciate just how great
Tee Higgins is. It's imperative this franchise
Finds a way to sign him long term.
Encouraging to see Wilcox get involved.
I thought Logan Wilson really shined.
ADG is looks miles improved from his rookie year.
Sam Hubbard simply embarrassed LT Greg Little.
I thought the defense and the how they tackled
Well overall was a key factor in the win
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 08:42 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Good to see that JB is taking what the defense
Is giving him now. I noticed less empty sets vs the Flippers.
I hope some are starting to appreciate just how great
Tee Higgins is. It's imperative this franchise
Finds a way to sign him long term.
Encouraging to see Wilcox get involved.
I thought Logan Wilson really shined.
ADG is looks miles improved from his rookie year.
Sam Hubbard simply embarrassed LT Greg Little.
I thought the defense and the how they tackled
Well overall was a key factor in the win

Bent him over and made him his...... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 07:18 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Definitely getting there. That's a decent win.

Was a bit concerned a points in that one. Losing an 8 point lead in the middle of the game, and then having to stop Bridgewater later, but won't go too far down that road since I'll just be accused of 'talking down what we achieved'. Miami even with Bridgewater in are still a decent team too.

Prime Time win (which we aren't accustomed to in the past), over an unbeaten team to get our season back on track. Burrow looking more like it... would like the completion percentage to go up a few, but being a bit picky there. The Line looking better too, but I guess the question will be how much of that is also down to facing less elite pass rushing. I think it's coming together though, which is great.

One encouraging sign regarding pass pro.... Miami harassed Allen and sacked him four times. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This was a huge win in the AFC honestly. Our Defense is for real and the Offense is starting to come together. Love the
new white and black helmets too, was a blast watching this game on Prime. We needed to start fast again and I saw that
was the theme once again 2 weeks in a row. Was great seeing the OL push Mixon into the endzone like that on the first
series. Burrow was playing patient and he did it better than Allen did on Sunday against that Fins D.

Tee Higgins as Impactplaya said is an emerging star. Sure hope we can keep him, but I am starting to doubt it. He will
get paid #1 money by someone and we cannot afford to pay him and Ja'Marr both.

Logan Wilson is our leader on Defense clearly and ADG is growing into that player I thought he would be.

Our Secondary is great, Von Bell had a great night with 2 interceptions. Sam Hubbard just abused Greg Little, Trey
Hendrickson also was giving Armstead a lot of trouble. BJ Hill played great and Tupou made the big sack, too bad Tua
got hurt. I said it before the game he shouldn't of played in this game and him and the Fins lied about a back injury
clearly and it hurt them. That was a terrible concussion and it would of been better for them if Teddy started this
game. They would of had a better chance against us IMO.

Oh well, a nice win right when we needed it with the new white Bengal helmets with the black stripes and on to a
nice mini bye and on to our rival Ratbirds. I am still concerned about stopping the run with no DJ Reader and the
Ravens are a much better running team than the Fins.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This was a huge win in the AFC honestly. Our Defense is for real and the Offense is starting to come together. Love the
new white and black helmets too, was a blast watching this game on Prime. We needed to start fast again and I saw that
was the theme once again 2 weeks in a row. Was great seeing the OL push Mixon into the endzone like that on the first
series. Burrow was playing patient and he did it better than Allen did on Sunday against that Fins D.

Tee Higgins as Impactplaya said is an emerging star. Sure hope we can keep him, but I am starting to doubt it. He will
get paid #1 money by someone and we cannot afford to pay him and Ja'Marr both.

Logan Wilson is our leader on Defense clearly and ADG is growing into that player I thought he would be.

Our Secondary is great, Von Bell had a great night with 2 interceptions. Sam Hubbard just abused Greg Little, Trey
Hendrickson also was giving Armstead a lot of trouble. BJ Hill played great and Tupou made the big sack, too bad Tua
got hurt. I said it before the game he shouldn't of played in this game and him and the Fins lied about a back injury
clearly and it hurt them. That was a terrible concussion and it would of been better for them if Teddy started this
game. They would of had a better chance against us IMO.

Oh well, a nice win right when we needed it with the new white Bengal helmets with the black stripes and on to a
nice mini bye and on to our rival Ratbirds. I am still concerned about stopping the run with no DJ Reader and the
Ravens are a much better running team than the Fins.

I think it was borderline criminal to trot Tua out there last night. Miami is a shady organization.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
You have to hold out hope that this team improves like last years team. The defense is definitely there. The offense appears to be getting better. The pass pro is better and Joe seems more comfortable in the cover 2 looks. The run game…. just a disaster so far.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 10:37 AM)Wyche Wrote: One encouraging sign regarding pass pro.... Miami harassed Allen and sacked him four times. 

Yes definitely. Generally our line is bad enough to give up 5 sacks against anybody, so the fact the numbers are lowering is a good thing. Im still optimistic this line can be decent.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:53 PM)jason Wrote: I think it was borderline criminal to trot Tua out there last night. Miami is a shady organization.

Feel the same, what is sad is he even lied about it to play in this game. Was self sabotage.
Reply/Quote
I'm encouraged that the best is still to come. I'm worried about the running game. I'm encouraged that the Oline is getting it together. I'm worried about ZT's play calling and in game decisions (take the damn FG's Zac).

I'm happy the defense is playing well. I'm a bit concerned about our pass rush.

Hope they use these 10 days or whatever to iron out some wrinkles.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:55 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You have to hold out hope that this team improves like last years team. The defense is definitely there. The offense appears to be getting better. The pass pro is better and Joe seems more comfortable in the cover 2 looks. The run game…. just a disaster so far.

Yeah man. Hats off to Lou and the defense... The O line seems to be gelling. Burrow looked really comfortable. I'm less than impressed with the offense in general though. Big win last night.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:55 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You have to hold out hope that this team improves like last years team. The defense is definitely there. The offense appears to be getting better. The pass pro is better and Joe seems more comfortable in the cover 2 looks. The run game…. just a disaster so far.

Need to really work on the run game no question.

(09-30-2022, 12:57 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Yes definitely. Generally our line is bad enough to give up 5 sacks against anybody, so the fact the numbers are lowering is a good thing. Im still optimistic this line can be decent.

Me too. It will only get better, I expect the OL to at least be decent by the middle of the season and we should have a 
winning record for the rest of it while it all comes together. Burrow is playing well enough in maneuvering what pocket 
he gets and he is getting the ball out faster than usual which is how you got to play while an OL is trying the gel.

(09-30-2022, 12:59 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm encouraged that the best is still to come. I'm worried about the running game. I'm encouraged that the Oline is getting it together. I'm worried about ZT's play calling and in game decisions (take the damn FG's Zac).

I'm happy the defense is playing well. I'm a bit concerned about our pass rush.

Hope they use these 10 days or whatever to iron out some wrinkles.

Zac was clearly calling a few of the bad play calls in this game including that one you speak of where we should of just taken 
the FG. Didn't he learn from the Bills and what they did wrong? Come on man...

But yeah, they will have this mini bye and hope we can get this thing really on track. We are a good team, we all know this 
but we want to be the best in the NFL and lots of things are holding us back from being the best. Playbook, playcalling, run 
blocking on Offense etc.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 12:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Feel the same, what is sad is he even lied about it to play in this game. Was self sabotage.

Players to that. I thought Tee Higgins might've been dead for minute when the Jets hit him in the face. He was motionless for forever, but as soon as the trainers got there, he waived them off like he was fine. The difference is our staff made him go to the tent regardless of what he said. I think Miami is gonna end up in deep shit over this.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 01:52 PM)jason Wrote: Players to that. I thought Tee Higgins might've been dead for minute when the Jets hit him in the face. He was motionless for forever, but as soon as the trainers got there, he waived them off like he was fine. The difference is our staff made him go to the tent regardless of what he said. I think Miami is gonna end up in deep shit over this.

Yup, I'd say someone's head is gonna roll. Doctor, trainers, HC ? Somebody. And probably rightfully so. Somebody needed to step up and Protect Tua from Tua.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 06:35 AM)Alice Wrote: Feel better now Bengals fans?

Indeed

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2022, 06:14 AM)kevin Wrote: AFC Champ Bengals who lost 2 close games not only avoided going 0-3, but won at NY Jets and beat Miami in 5 days time to get to 2-2.  

Bengals Super Bowl Defense held Miami on check enough, and Joe Burrow led Bengals to enough points to win.  

I finally got to watch the game from after midnight to after 3 in morning on NFL NETWORK.  I saw fast they were scrolling scores across bottom of screen, so i covered that up with a towel to watch replay. I like how Bengals scored fast.  Still, I got worried in 4th quarter with Miami ahead.  I was glad to see the big play by Bengals Defense.  The 57 yard Field Goal by McPherson.  The Boyd to Chase play.  Big pass plays to Higgins and Chase and the Touchdown Pass to TE Hurst.  The Bengals who had fallen behind had me worried, but they came back strong and made sure they got The WIN.

All of us Bengals Fans use to talk about never winning in play-offs or in prime time.  Well, these Bengals have won in the play-offs to being AFC CHAMPS, and they won last night in Prime Time.  Some on here said Bengals couldn't beat Miami, but they were wrong.

Once I got to see the game, I enjoyed it.  GREAT WIN.   The AFC CHAMP BENGALS are 2-2 now and very much in play-off hunt again.  You really don't want a team to peak in September.  I would love to see Bengals hit their stride going into the play-offs to Super Bowl again.  

The prime time win over Miami was not only a nice WIN for the team, but for the Fans who have been waiting to WIN in prime time and in play-offs.  THANK YOU BENGALS, I'm Enjoying It.

GO BENGALS

[Image: wait-what.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote