Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good article on MMQB this morning ....
(05-07-2017, 02:02 PM)clevelandsdad Wrote: Bottom line: People just like to make excuses for Andy.

STOP IT.

He needs to own up to his shortcomings, and so do we as fans. I've never heard Brady or Rodgers blame their losses on anyone else. I'm not saying Andy has blamed anyone, but we as fans sure like to blame everyone else. The QB is the LEADER of the team. He hasn't led this team to 1 postseason victory in 6 seasons. Again, that's 6! That's pretty bad for a supposed top 15 QB.

Is he capable of winning a playoff game? I'd like to think so, but what has he ever done to give any evidence that he won't collapse in the playoffs? Or if not collapse, play overall poorly? I like the guy, but he hasn't gotten it done.

And we as fans should be up front and admit this not only to each other, but to ourselves.
When has Andy ever blamed a loss on his teammates?? I must have missed that? 
Reply/Quote
Not again....

The playoff issues predate Andy, going all the way back to 2005. In that time we have had Carson, Kitna, Andy and McCarron all struggle in playoff games. I wonder why?

We also have had the defense get scorched in 5 out of the 7 outings. And in only one of the games did we have any running game and in all of them pass protection has been suspect to say the least.

To be fair, we have gotten bitten in these games by the injury bug. 2005 goes without saying. 2009 we went in with a depleted WR corps and no Peko (which showed up big time on the run defense sheet). 2014 we were lining up Rex Burkhead at WR and Ryan Hewitt at TE plus Hill got hurt in the second quarter.

The common factor in all this has been Marvin as HC and Paul Alexander as OL coach.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote