Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Good guy gone bad: Kitna slams Bengals
Well, it was only a matter of time bad press would come....

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/2021/03/10/jon-kitna-former-cincinnati-bengals-quarterback-says-receiver-teammate-was-drunk-huddle/6944209002/

We know it wasn't Ocho as he doesn't drink

According to Florio it should be easy to find the culprit if anyone wants to do the work....

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/11/jon-kitna-says-a-bengals-receiver-was-drunk-in-the-huddle/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 02:42 PM)jj22 Wrote: Well, it was only a matter of time bad press would come....

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/2021/03/10/jon-kitna-former-cincinnati-bengals-quarterback-says-receiver-teammate-was-drunk-huddle/6944209002/

According to Florio it should be easy to find the culprit if anyone wants to do the work....

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/11/jon-kitna-says-a-bengals-receiver-was-drunk-in-the-huddle/

Kitna didn’t name names, but the circumstances make it not impossible to identify the possibilities. Given that Kitna played for the Bengals from 2001 through 2005, it’s not difficult to identify which receivers “had close to 200 yards receiving” in a game during that five-year stretch.

We’ve done the research and compiled a list of players that it could have been. Three had games of more than 150 receiving yards during Kitna’s time with the team. One had games of 189, 161, and 152. One had 171. Another had 152.
Reply/Quote
The only 3 possibilities would be these players who had the top 10 receiving days under Kitna. Palmer was the QB for those highest yard games that Florio mentioned. Kitna specifically indicated he was in the huddle with the player

Chad Johnson- who led all but 2 games in receiving under Kitna however he doesn't drink
Peter Warrick- who barely broke 100 yards in his top receiving game under Kitna
and
Darnay Scott- who had 152 yards in week 17 of 2001. His last Bengal game

Darnay seems to be the leading candidate

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I'd guess Darnay. Sounds like something that would have happened before Marvin got there.
Reply/Quote
Maybe he should have been drunk more often.... Ninja
Reply/Quote
If you are going to come out with the story, you need to name the guy that was drunk. Now you've just created a situation where 2 guys who fit the description of your statement are getting accusations for no reason.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 03:44 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If you are going to come out with the story, you need to name the guy that was drunk. Now you've just created a situation where 2 guys who fit the description of your statement are getting accusations for no reason.

Yeah, I like Kitna a lot, but that was kind of a chickencrap thing to do.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 02:59 PM)pally Wrote: The only 3 possibilities would be these players who had the top 10 receiving days under Kitna.  Palmer was the QB for those highest yard games that Florio mentioned.  Kitna specifically indicated he was in the huddle with the player

Chad Johnson- who led all but 2 games in receiving under Kitna however he doesn't drink
Peter Warrick- who barely broke 100 yards in his top receiving game under Kitna
and
Darnay Scott- who had 152 yards in week 17 of 2001. His last Bengal game

Darnay seems to be the leading candidate

Well wonder if it was a game kitna played all of or not.. But if its from 2001 or 2002 i could totally understand that player...  Sounded like he was doing okay sauced up.

Quote:and said there was a time he played with a receiver he suspected was drunk in the huddle during a game.

Ahhhhh..... Suspected not known.. Which makes the whole story pretty mute.

i guess the main question here is why is Kitna being interviewed in 2021
Reply/Quote
Housh had 145 yards vs the Patriots in 2004...in the game where Carson got hurt and Kitna took over (13 attempts that game).

That said, I have trouble imagining that happening under Marvin Lewis. You never know, though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 02:42 PM)jj22 Wrote: Well, it was only a matter of time bad press would come....

I'm sorry, but I don't see a single thing where he, "Slams the Bengals."
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Chris Henry. Guaranteed.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
A guy was Drunk at work? I bet that's the first time that has ever happened....Ninja
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I can't access the story, but I doubt Kitna's version.

The guy may have smelled of alcohol, but I bet he was not "drunk".
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 03:58 PM)Synric Wrote: A guy was Drunk at work? I bet that's the first time that has ever happened....Ninja

I'm drinking on the job as we speak... Self employment is the way to go.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 03:49 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well wonder if it was a game kitna played all of or not.. But if its from 2001 or 2002 i could totally understand that player...  Sounded like he was doing okay sauced up.

Ahhhhh.....  Suspected not known..  Which makes the whole story pretty mute.

i guess the main question here is why is Kitna being interviewed in 2021

I didn't hear him say "suspected" in the interview.

As far as why he's being interviewed, he's a former NFL starter with 30k yards passing. Not every interview can be Michael Jordan or Peyton Manning.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 03:44 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If you are going to come out with the story, you need to name the guy that was drunk. Now you've just created a situation where 2 guys who fit the description of your statement are getting accusations for no reason.

(03-11-2021, 03:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, I like Kitna a lot, but that was kind of a chickencrap thing to do.

Agreed, you should say the name or say nothing at all.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 04:07 PM)jason Wrote: I'm drinking on the job as we speak... Self employment is the way to go.

Only way. I'm not drinking yet but I probably will be by the time I finish my guys payroll lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 03:57 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Chris Henry. Guaranteed.

Chris Henry's best game in his rookie season was 85 yards.  Carson Palmer was the QB and Jon Kitna did not play

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 04:07 PM)jason Wrote: I'm drinking on the job as we speak... Self employment is the way to go.

Yep. I have a kegerator in my office with four kegs of homebrew.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Your thread title sucks and you should feel bad... Tongue
Reply/Quote