Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Good guy gone bad: Kitna slams Bengals
(03-12-2021, 06:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, Chad has really been a great guy for the Bengals since he retired. Sure made it fun last season for Burrow and Tee.

I might like Chad more now than when he was a Bengal as I at times thought of him as a diva, even if he was great and fun 
as heck to watch on the field.

Hilarious

Yeah... I think Chad had wore on a lot of us by 2010. Then he had the whole domestic thing in Miami, and wasn't very good in New England. He tries to shine a good light on the Bengals though... Even if it's for selfish reasons like ensuring that he has a legacy with a team. I'll take it though.

Every talking head in sports was trashing the Bengals to Joe Burrow last year. Chad spike up to say that if he can win here, the city will love him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 06:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: Well I mean reminding free agents of the Bengals ugly incompetent history 5 days before Free agency isn't helpful to the cause Kitna! Sheesh. Not helpful for the bad press and the mocking.

Good time to remind people on this board, free agency is a 2 way streak. They must want to come here. As we saw last year with a significant push for top lb's (like we plan to for the oline this year). None wanted to come.

While all things being equal that might be true, the problem with your theory is that you're thinking the FA's or their agents give two craps about what some grandpa says about players no longer in the league, coaches no longer on the team with a FO with completely different management.

Think like a professional and not a long suffering fan.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 06:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: Good time to remind people on this board, free agency is a 2 way streak.

Is a 2 way streak when you go up to the quad and to the gymnasium?
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 09:24 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah... I think Chad had wore on a lot of us by 2010. Then he had the whole domestic thing in Miami, and wasn't very good in New England. He tries to shine a good light on the Bengals though... Even if it's for selfish reasons like ensuring that he has a legacy with a team. I'll take it though.

Every talking head in sports was trashing the Bengals to Joe Burrow last year. Chad spike up to say that if he can win here, the city will love him.

Yes, Chad is a great Bengal, he has a legacy even without standing up for the team though. He didn't HAVE to stand up against 
the talking heads which gives me much more respect for him. It just would be easy to just side with the talking heads like Florio.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 12:52 PM)jason Wrote: It's definitely not a hot take or anything... I'm just saying in this instance a 20 year old story from John Kitna about a teammate getting his drink on isn't gonna move the needle much. I think Carson Palmer did more damage with his comments prior to the draft last year.

Also... Players drinking and getting high when they probably shouldn't happens everywhere.

That is why the teams now stay in the hotel the night before the game.  Even Housh stated that he went straight from the club to the stadium in the days before the hotel stays.  That, in my mind, still makes him a candidate for the culprit Kitna was referencing as he has at least admitted to the behavior.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 04:07 PM)jason Wrote: I'm drinking on the job as we speak... Self employment is the way to go.

I've been self employed most of my adult life, but had to quit drinking and have no regrets. I'm better able to manage things and keep money in my pocket than when I was still drinking, but to each their own. Now I'm one of those new fangled "reformed drunks" who doesn't really care what the other drunks do as long as they stay away from me..  Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2021, 01:50 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Is a 2 way streak when you go up to the quad and to the gymnasium?

Nah, it's when the dog scoots both forward and backwards on the rug.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2021, 12:28 AM)Stewy Wrote:  FO with completely different management.

Think like a professional and not a long suffering fan.

not sure the FO has changed much since kitna's days For some professionals the only thing that matters is $$$$$....
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2021, 09:24 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah... I think Chad had wore on a lot of us by 2010. Then he had the whole domestic thing in Miami, and wasn't very good in New England. He tries to shine a good light on the Bengals though... Even if it's for selfish reasons like ensuring that he has a legacy with a team. I'll take it though.

There is literally no reason to think that other than your own personal hang ups against Chad. Pimping the Bengals doesn't help anyone's legacy. Some great players try to distance themselves from this organization after they're retired. 

But yeah, for that reason, I appreciate any former Bengals great that stands up for the team. Even if ownership really hasn't deserved that loyalty until the last couple years.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 11:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: There is literally no reason to think that other than your own personal hang ups against Chad. Pimping the Bengals doesn't help anyone's legacy. Some great players try to distance themselves from this organization after they're retired. 

But yeah, for that reason, I appreciate any former Bengals great that stands up for the team. Even if ownership really hasn't deserved that loyalty until the last couple years.

I don't necessarily think that... I don't care what his intentions are he speaks highly of the team, and the city. The man almost singlehandedly made the Bengals interesting again, and he's one of our all time greats.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 12:43 PM)pally Wrote:

He’s an absolute treasure.

Reply/Quote