Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good move by the President elect
(12-02-2016, 04:42 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: To be fair, no one would disagree with him if it wasn't for Fox News....something Obama DOES remind us of quite often.

(12-02-2016, 01:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The being fair ship sailed a long time ago.

(12-02-2016, 02:13 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Replace Trump with Obama and you've just described the past 8 years  Mellow

The hypocrisy from both sides is hilariously sad. 

I guess we'll have to see how FOX treats President Trump then, eh?

Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-02-2016, 02:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: I guess we'll have to see how FOX treats President Trump then, eh?

Cool

Well, we are already seeing how CNN, MSNBC and other liberal media are treating Trump before he even gets sworn in. 

And I'd guess you will rightly take offense when Trump shames or shuts out media that disagrees with him.  Really refreshing to seeing you take an objective and non-partisan view when your team isn't whining, errrr, I mean winning.
--------------------------------------------------------

(12-02-2016, 03:52 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Well, we are already seeing how CNN, MSNBC and other liberal media are treating Trump before he even gets sworn in. 

And I'd guess you will rightly take offense when Trump shames or shuts out media that disagrees with him.  Really refreshing to seeing you take an objective and non-partisan view when your team isn't whining, errrr, I mean winning.

Are there no mirrors in your world?

Hilarious
(12-01-2016, 03:39 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: This is being presented as Trump threatening them with tariffs if they moved any of their jobs (which he promised). No, he offered them rewards if they promised not to move some of their jobs. 

Obama would have been called a pushover if he caved like this. 

So there's more to this....well, less actually.

http://reverbpress.com/business/carrier-just-sent-massive-lay-off-notice-proving-donald-trump-damn-liar/

Quote:A majority of those employees are still getting laid-off.

That’s right. Trump did prevent some of the jobs moving to Mexico, but didn’t even manage to save half of them.

A deeper examination of the Carrier deal shows that Trump is a damned liar. (Big surprise, right?) Although he’s bragging about how he has saved 1,000 jobs – and even that figure is false, it’s actually 800 – the Wall Street Journal states that those jobs include “300 research and headquarters positions that weren’t slated to go to Mexico.”
(12-02-2016, 03:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: Are there no mirrors in your world?

Hilarious

I'm considered a conservative here mainly because I'm not a pom-pom member of VOX. I'm not a Republican, and I've been laughing my ass off for years at the kool-aid drinking on both sides....but what's always fascinated me is that only one side seems to have any idea it's drinking kool-aid.

I've criticized Trump plenty.  I even predicted the hypocritic meltdowns of you and others years ago when you plugged your ears and closed your eyes to the BS from this administration that we KNEW you'd have a hissy fit if it was a "Republican" doing the same things.

But you're response indicates you continue to be ignorant of how partisan and, errr, ignorant you are on most of these issues.  Over the last 6 months I've started to question whether some of you have any ability to think for yourselves, at all.

I think some of the Dem Senators saying "wholly shit, maybe Harry Reid shouldn't have done some of the things he did" is pretty much this entire thing in a nutshell.

The discussions and exchange of opinions about our elected officials, when done respectfully, is what this forum is all about. But when insults and condescension are aimed at each other, the forum suffers in integrity. Consider this a friendly reminder to return to respectful conversation here.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
(12-03-2016, 01:46 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I'm considered a conservative here mainly because I'm not a pom-pom member of VOX.  I'm not a Republican, and I've been laughing my ass off for years at the kool-aid drinking on both sides....but what's always fascinated me is that only one side seems to have any idea it's drinking kool-aid.

Do a lot of people post links from VOX?

Joking aside, I get called a liberal here because I support gay rights and I think Trump is an unqualified mess. Never mind that I have been a registered Republican in the past, participated in county level GOP meetings, and, until this election, had never voted for a Democratic at the federal level. 

One thing this board is guilty of, despite the majority of us being mostly independent, is painting opposition as being on the far end of their spectrum. The only person who actually meets that is the twitter nazi. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-03-2016, 01:46 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I'm considered a conservative here mainly because I'm not a pom-pom member of VOX.  I'm not a Republican, and I've been laughing my ass off for years at the kool-aid drinking on both sides....but what's always fascinated me is that only one side seems to have any idea it's drinking kool-aid.

I've criticized Trump plenty.  I even predicted the hypocritic meltdowns of you and others years ago when you plugged your ears and closed your eyes to the BS from this administration that we KNEW you'd have a hissy fit if it was a "Republican" doing the same things.

But you're response indicates you continue to be ignorant of how partisan and, errr, ignorant you are on most of these issues.  Over the last 6 months I've started to question whether some of you have any ability to think for yourselves, at all.

I think some of the Dem Senators saying "wholly shit, maybe Harry Reid shouldn't have done some of the things he did" is pretty much this entire thing in a nutshell.

One of the very first things I posted after the election this year was something I posted 8 years ago:  That is is funny to watch the two political sides suddenly do a 180 about their positions based on who was POTUS.

I get it.

I also can step back and see every criticism of Trump by the mainstream media isn't liberal spin.  And that that same mainstream media often took Obama to task over subjects.  Just not as hard as FOX or the Blaze or Breitbart which, btw, are all unabashedly conservative and not afraid to admit it.
(12-03-2016, 10:44 AM)GMDino Wrote: And that that same mainstream media often took Obama to task over subjects.

Bullshit.  Complete bullshit.  Any criticism of Obama was attributed to racism.

Whenever Obama was criticized by the Left, it was only for not being left enough.  That's why Obama himself often directly and publicly attacked Fox, because no one else dared question or oppose him.

Enjoy the next 8 years...because this is the environment YOU created through your own partisanship and indifference.  You could and should demand more, but you choose not to.

If you want accountability, it starts with holding your own people accountable.

(12-04-2016, 03:15 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Bullshit.  Complete bullshit.  Any criticism of Obama was attributed to racism.

Whenever Obama was criticized by the Left, it was only for not being left enough.  That's why Obama himself often directly and publicly attacked Fox, because no one else dared question or oppose him.

I think you might need to take a step back and realize you contradicted yourself here. Even if he was being attacked for not being left enough, that is still him being taking to task by the media, and it wasn't attributed to racism.

It's funny to me how much you like to tell other to think for themselves when you spout some of the same talking points used by one side of the aisle.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(12-04-2016, 03:15 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Bullshit.  Complete bullshit.  Any criticism of Obama was attributed to racism.

Enjoy the next 8 years...because this is the environment YOU created through your own partisanship and indifference.  You could and should demand more, but you choose not to.

If you want accountability, it starts with holding your own people accountable.

I hold everyone accountable.  I just don't fall in line with just because someone ELSE says its wrong it is wrong.

I like facts and research.  Sometimes that means I am wrong...sometimes that means the other guy is wrong.

This environment was created by people who only believe what the want to believe and seek out "sources" to confirm that for themselves.
(12-01-2016, 05:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: I don't remember President Obama calling people "losers" when something didn't go his way or they disagreed with him.

Mellow

Does saying he would be the current President Elect count?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-28-2016, 11:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Does saying he would be the current President Elect count?

LOL! No.

But nice try.