Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Good news everyone
Nobody is going to remember our playoff meltdown.

Atlanta just topped us by a mile.

And let's face it: If the Falcons played Marvin Lewis play to not lose football after that Julio Jones toe tap, they would've won.

Look on the bright side!
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 01:38 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Nobody is going to remember our playoff meltdown.

And let's face it: If the Falcons played Marvin Lewis play to not lose football after that Julio Jones toe tap, they would've won.

Look on the bright side!
Yep! And the D also went into the prevent and it was game over.
Reply/Quote
I blame Sanu. He took the stink of Marvin to Atlanta with him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
When I opened this thread, I was expecting/hoping to see this...

[Image: 71412179.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 01:38 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Nobody is going to remember our playoff meltdown.

Look on the bright side!

That's the irony. Fans complain to go for the jugular...but had they ran the ball 3 times at the end and kicked a FG...they go up by 11. Instead they tried to pass and got sacked and knocked out of FG range.

The Falcons as a franchise are very comparable to the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Good news everyone!

We're not the only franchise that has bad things happen to them.
Reply/Quote

Look on the bright side!

Darn!!! I thought you were going to tell us Marvin, PA, Maul, Peko, Hunt, Dansby, and Jones were GONE!
Such a letdown LMAO But you are absolutely correct. Marvy is breathing a sigh of relief.
Reply/Quote
I dunno man, it could have been......dare I say......damn fine adjustments by the best I've seen at them.  Brady was knocked all over the field in the first half, the Falcons moved the ball up and down the field.  The second half, the Pats neutralized the pass rush, and stuffed the Falcons offense.  I personally think we witnessed the chess master at his finest.  If you believe in journalistic jargon that is....... Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 12:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: When I opened this thread, I was expecting/hoping to see this...

[Image: 71412179.jpg]

My fingers hurt.
Reply/Quote

Look on the bright side!

I think the only people holding onto that painful memory are Bengal fans, everyone else chalks it up to the bengals being the bengals..
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 05:51 PM)Wyche Wrote: I dunno man, it could have been......dare I say......damn fine adjustments by the best I've seen at them.  Brady was knocked all over the field in the first half, the Falcons moved the ball up and down the field.  The second half, the Pats neutralized the pass rush, and stuffed the Falcons offense.  I personally think we witnessed the chess master at his finest.  If you believe in journalistic jargon that is....... Ninja

What a treat to witness real football minds at work. Atlanta in the first half, and New England in the second. Makes me wonder what the takeaway was for the Bengals coaching staff. And if we will ever see that level of expertise here.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 01:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's the irony. Fans complain to go for the jugular...but had they ran the ball 3 times at the end and kicked a FG...they go up by 11. Instead they tried to pass and got sacked and knocked out of FG range.

The Falcons as a franchise are very comparable to the Bengals.

I see this kind of sentiment said at times, and I think a little context would be awfully nice for the fans complaints.

-The Bengals can't run the ball worth a damn, so them running the ball is the same as giving up on offense.

-The Falcons had 18 rushes for 104 yards (5.78 YPC) so running the ball is still potentially going for the jugular. They were 5th in rushing YPG, and 4th in rushing YPC in the regular season.

Recap:
Good running teams can run the ball without it being conservative.
Bad running teams running the ball with a lead is being conservative.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 05:51 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I dunno man, it could have been......dare I say......damn fine adjustments by the best I've seen at them.  Brady was knocked all over the field in the first half, the Falcons moved the ball up and down the field.  The second half, the Pats neutralized the pass rush, and stuffed the Falcons offense.  I personally think we witnessed the chess master at his finest.  If you believe in journalistic jargon that is....... Ninja

Marvin Lewis is learning how to set up a checker board while Bill Belichick schools Sheldon Cooper at three dimensional chess.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 10:18 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: What a treat to witness real football minds at work. Atlanta in the first half, and New England in the second. Makes me wonder what the takeaway was for the Bengals coaching staff. And if we will ever see that level of expertise here.

I thought the very same thing following the game sir.  What a treat it was.  I think maybe these Falcons might make a run or two out of this.  They're young....play fast....and seem well coached.  They probably win if not for the Wizard of Foxboro.

As for our clowns? They won't take anything from it.  They're too damn arrogant and stubborn.  Lack of accountability from the FO makes them this way.  Marv is too busy clapping to have a pad and pencil out during the game taking notes like Belicheck does.  Nor does he address his team on the sidelines like Bill did.  If this team goes down 21-0 after a pick six against a playoff caliber team or in the postseason......it's full on meltdown mode. I'm so over Marv.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 11:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: I thought the very same thing following the game sir.  What a treat it was.  I think maybe these Falcons might make a run or two out of this.  They're young....play fast....and seem well coached.  They probably win if not for the Wizard of Foxboro.

As for our clowns? They won't take anything from it.  They're too damn arrogant and stubborn.  Lack of accountability from the FO makes them this way. Marv is too busy clapping to have a pad and pencil out during the game taking notes like Belicheck does.  Nor does he address his team on the sidelines like Bill did.  If this team goes down 21-0 after a pick six against a playoff caliber team or in the postseason......it's full on meltdown mode. I'm so over Marv.

Spot on right there ! Marvin's arrogance shines brighter every year.

As for coaching them up Marvin says if these guys can't learn my plan we'll have to get new ones. So very out of touch it's not even funny !
Meanwhile Belichick takes an X QB and turns him into a damn good weapon. Marvin stands on the sidelines and claps.
Reply/Quote
At least Atlanta can make a super bowl
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 10:18 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: What a treat to witness real football minds at work. Atlanta in the first half, and New England in the second. Makes me wonder what the takeaway was for the Bengals coaching staff. And if we will ever see that level of expertise here.
Sadly our coaches reached their ceilings years ago.
They fail to coach up new players, Belechick gets great performances out of unknown unproven players.
Our crew leaves in turnstile linemen to lose multiple games and possibly injure our franchise QB.
Our guys can't improve our running game, so we are almost one dimensional.
Belichick unloads players on the decline, we keep them for locker room presense
Our slow defensive guys can't cover tightends, been problematic for years.
Our crew is not driven to excell, just happy to make playoffs,- we are easily figured out,scouted and adjusted to by other coaching staffs when it counts ( even though ML says we self scout before playoffs to no avail ).
Our coaching staff's ceiling is a very low crawl space Sad
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 10:33 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Marvin Lewis is learning how to set up a checker board while Bill Belichick schools Sheldon Cooper at three dimensional chess.

Too much credit. Marvin is still finger painting tic tac toe boards and doesn't even take the middle square first.
Reply/Quote
The way the Falcons played at the end of the game was typical Marvin ball.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
With a 25 point lead, it amazes me that they couldn't just run out the clock with their running game.  It seemed to be working well for them as they gashed NE for at least 2 big runs if I remember right.  Not enough runs and too many deep pass plays in my opinion.

Oh well, can't be too critical of them.  They won 2 playoff games and took the Pats the distance.  We're still working on 1 playoff win after 14 years with the same coach.  Actually, the Bengals regressed so I wouldn't bet that we even get a chance to get that playoff win next year.  

I don't see this team improving next year as age is catching up with them at all levels including management/coaching.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote