Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodbye playoffs
What little chance we had at the playoffs has officially disappeared. The Steelers beat the Bills and there is no way they will lose out because even if they lost to us and the Ravens they play the Browns their last game of the season, hello off season
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
They could easily still lose out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bro if this team wins one of the remaining 3 we'll be flying !

The playoffs were gone when ML came back as the HC.
Reply/Quote
we don't deserve playoffs and if we fluked in it could be another one and out

Bodine continues to be below average and D line cannot  pressure the QB or stop the running game.

O line cannot generate a running game against an average to above average defense and cannot protect Dalton against and average to above average defense.

In any case, it is at least 50-50 that we lose our final three games.  All three teams playing for playoff spots.
Reply/Quote
We're just gonna have to do our part to help the Rats win the division. Sick

Reply/Quote
What? Nobody thinks it's perfectly reasonable to expect both Pittsburgh and Baltimore to come down with mysterious fatal illnesses and hand us the playoff berth? It could happen. I'm not saying it's likely to happen or that there's even a 1 in a million shot of it happening ,but if we're going to dream let's dream big!
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 06:14 PM)Trademark Wrote: What little chance we had at the playoffs has officially disappeared. The Steelers beat the Bills and there is no way they will lose out because even if they lost to us and the Ravens they play the Browns their last game of the season, hello off season

Well there is one other sliver of hope, and that is IF Denver loses out along with either Baltimore or Pittsburgh losing out. We could actually get a wildcard, as remote as that might be.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 06:31 PM)bengals67 Wrote: we don't deserve playoffs and if we fluked in it could be another one and out

Bodine continues to be below average and D line cannot  pressure the QB or stop the running game.

O line cannot generate a running game against an average to above average defense and cannot protect Dalton against and average to above average defense.

In any case, it is at least 50-50 that we lose our final three games.  All three teams playing for playoff spots.

I think not only do we, the fans deserve to see us in the playoffs, so do the players. It's the front office and staff that don't deserve it.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Our playoff game is next week vs. the Steelers. This is the game they must win to help keep them out of the playoffs. Nothing else really matters, does it?
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
At this point, every win hurts the team in the long run.
Reply/Quote
I gave up on the Bengals making the playoffs weeks ago. I just want us to beat the Steelers at home.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I said goodbye to the playoffs several weeks ago. We don't have a playoff caliber team.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 07:05 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Our playoff game is next week vs. the Steelers.   This is the game they must win to help keep them out of the playoffs.  Nothing else really matters, does it?

I could see the Dead Cat Bounce back to bite the Steelers. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 07:02 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: I think not only do we, the fans deserve to see us in the playoffs, so do the players. It's the front office and staff that don't deserve it.

This 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 06:58 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Well there is one other sliver of hope, and that is IF Denver loses out along with either Baltimore or Pittsburgh losing out. We could actually get a wildcard, as remote as that might be.
Would also need Miami to lose out and they play the Jets Saturday.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 06:14 PM)Trademark Wrote: What little chance we had at the playoffs has officially disappeared. The Steelers beat the Bills and there is no way they will lose out because even if they lost to us and the Ravens they play the Browns their last game of the season, hello off season

This season was over before today's game. 

(12-11-2016, 06:16 PM)treee Wrote: They could easily still lose out.

I wish they would but that team isn't choke artists and will lose out. i think they will win the division. That pisses me off just as much as us missing the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 08:02 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I said goodbye to the playoffs several weeks ago.  We don't have a playoff caliber team.

Which is mostly due to not having a playoff caliber coaching staff.

(12-11-2016, 08:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I could see the Dead Cat Bounce back to bite the Steelers. 

That would be so sweet and some small consolation to the season. And if it knocked them out of playoffs, even sweeter.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 09:06 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Which is mostly due to not having a playoff caliber coaching staff.

And that pretty much sums it up..

unfortunately to be continued in 2017 and beyond...
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 09:12 PM)GodFather Wrote: And that pretty much sums it up..

unfortunately to be continued in 2017 and beyond...

Sad, but likely a true story. Sad  I agree this has not been a well coached/playoff caliber team. The coaches allowed Og and Nuge to undermine the season and should be held accountable. But they won't.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 07:07 PM)Sweetness Wrote: At this point, every win hurts the team in the long run.

Sad but true. This may sound like a d*&k head thing to say but does anyone really want to see this team in the playoffs anyway? fan of 40 years so of course i want my team to win it all every year but this team will just look pathetic in the playoffs this year. Right now it just comes down to evaluating some of the backups/younger players and get as high a pick as you can. But of course nobody will say that.
Reply/Quote