Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goofy psychology
Anyone else find themselves thinking like this at times?

I love that the RatTURDS lost (and that they are now 0-2) but me thinks that we have a less chance of winning as a direct result of these two things. Lol.

I admit the logic has little sense but I've been doing it for years.  Specifically, not necessarily wanting our rivals to lose in games played right before us. Lol

If the RatTURDS would have won, yes, I'd feel better about this upcoming game. I cannot lie. Lol.

Haha.
Reply/Quote
I hear ya, but knowing they lost to a team we beat handily makes me feel better. Will they come out angry? Ready to win their first in front of their fans? Yeah, but we're a better team even if they had SUggs and Pitta. Let's go beat them silly!!
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Look at it from another angle.  Send the Ravens to 0 - 3 in their own house.  
Reply/Quote
I like this matchup. We're 2-0 and they're 0-2, and historically our D has owned Unibrow.
Reply/Quote
I think there is a lose blueprint provided for the Bengals. Where as the Ravens can only look at tape where the Bnegals probably left a combined 50 points off the board..... and still won both games pretty handily.

The Ravens are also probably demoralized and doubting.... Not brimming with confidence. I would rather have the Ravens than the Steelers or Browns coming off of their wins. Those two teams are going to be confident right at the moment.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:57 PM)Whacked Wrote: Anyone else find themselves thinking like this at times?

I love that the RatTURDS lost (and that they are now 0-2) but me thinks that we have a less chance of winning as a direct result of these two things. Lol.

I admit the logic has little sense but I've been doing it for years.  Specifically, not necessarily wanting our rivals to lose in games played right before us. Lol

If the RatTURDS would have won, yes, I'd feel better about this upcoming game. I cannot lie. Lol.

Haha.

I get this line of thinking....but another small part of me says that if the Bengals can go there and win, it will be a hell of a head start to the season.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:57 PM)Whacked Wrote: Anyone else find themselves thinking like this at times?

Haha.

I don't really think this should play a role in how the Bengals will play. If the Ravens had won today, we'd be going into their house with a change of them tying us for 1st place with a win. So, I'd rather see them lose. It puts the pressure on them to make changes, no us.

Bengals can win next week and it will be a feather in their cap if they do.

Reply/Quote
Marvin's done pretty well against Baltimore during his tenure. The game could go either way, but I'm not particularly worried.

Watching the Steelers though? Eh. I expect to lose my voice that game.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
no way, hill is going to have a huge game.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It was going to be atough game anyway. But, I'm with the OP in that it does change my prespective on the game a bit now that they're 0-2. They're better than that, and they will be ready come Sunday to preserve their season in front of their own fans. It's going to be a street fight, and I just hope we get the good bounces.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I think they need to win 4 games in the division this year.....so this is a big game, especially since we don't see Baltimore at home until the very last game of the regular season.

They are no doubt going to be amped up for this game, should be a good one!!
Reply/Quote

Haha.

I know exactly what you're talking about. When the Reds start a series against a team I take notice of what that team has done prior to the series. If they have won I few games in a row I think to myself, "oh good they're due to lose". But if they've lost a few I think "oh crap they can't keep losing". In the case of the Ravens' though, I don't think that way. I would just like to think that they aren't very good.
Reply/Quote

Haha.

I think we can throw everything out the window. It's a rival game, a division game in their house. Ravens were swept by Bengals in 2014. Ravens will be fired up and they do not want an 0-3 start...but I hope Bengals win.....I like hearing they lost, but win or lose today, they will be fired up for Bengals, so I'm glad they lost. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Haha.
I think about this sometimes too, but you can also look at it this way. Jeremy Hill had 2 fumbles today, basically got benched, and is the type of player who thinks "never going to happen again." He will come out with a vengeance next week I'm guessing!
Reply/Quote
I've always respected the Ravens, but that team has been falling apart on paper for a few years now and it's starting to show on Sundays. I'm not saying we'll go into Baltimore and roll them, but at this point the Bengals are just a far more talented team, so I'm confident. I would say that Flacco is a solid QB, but he stinks against our D and his "weapons" are non-existent. Harbaugh is a good coach though, so I can't count them out.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 11:15 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I've always respected the Ravens, but that team has been falling apart on paper for a few years now and it's starting to show on Sundays. I'm not saying we'll go into Baltimore and roll them, but at this point the Bengals are just a far more talented team, so I'm confident. I would say that Flacco is a solid QB, but he stinks against our D and his "weapons" are non-existent. Harbaugh is a good coach though, so I can't count them out.

On paper, there is no reason why we shouldn't beat Baltimore.  Problem is the game is played out on the field and Baltimore on the road is always a tough win.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:55 PM)mroudfly Wrote: I think about this sometimes too, but you can also look at it this way. Jeremy Hill had 2 fumbles today, basically got benched, and is the type of player who thinks "never going to happen again." He will come out with a vengeance next week I'm guessing!

It seems whichever RB starts the season on the bench comes out on fire. Gio didn't look very good in a starting role last year. He was very inconsistent. 

Now he looks like the Gio we thought he could be. I wasn't too worried about Hill's fumbles after 1 year, but I'm worried now.

Maybe we should just always go with the hot hand. I really want Hill to be the lead back. His ability is worthy of it, but he has to get the fumbles under control.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 11:22 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: On paper, there is no reason why we shouldn't beat Baltimore.  Problem is the game is played out on the field and Baltimore on the road is always a tough win.

Well like I said, it's showing on Sunday's now, not just on paper. They don't look like the Ravens of old and their team is sorely lacking in a lot of areas.

I do agree that it may not be easy in reality, but that's just how our division is. Even if Baltimore winds up being a 5 win team, they'll still be competitive in games against us.
Reply/Quote
I think we should be able to hold the turd birds to 17, and that should result in a win if we avoid stupid penalties and turnovers.
Reply/Quote
I get the line of thinking. I'll admit, I've thought about it before. But this team seems different this year. I can't put my finger on it...

It just looks like the team finally "gets it." It's like all the pieces are finally coming together and playing to their potential at the right time.

We actually seem well-rounded and focused as opposed to the frustratingly inconsistent team we've become accustomed to over recent years.

Maybe I'm just over-excited about our early success, but our team looks to be on their way UP, and the Ravens seem to be on their way DOWN.
Reply/Quote